Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 12:19 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 12th Oct 2019 at 11:49 AM.
Default SimPE not extracting all necessary files + texture help
I'm creating a default replacement for the hot dogs in ts2, and when cloning them in SimPE they don't come with all necessary files (raw & cooked (serve/eat) txtr + txmt are the ones missing) so I extracted them myself and added them to my cloned package. I then had to edit some references in the txmts for them to work, used "fix integrity" and all seemed well - but then another problem arose. When grilling the hot dogs, my raw state is only used for half a second before they revert to the original EA texture. The cooked serve/eat texture is not even used at all. Weirdly enough, if I create a new file and add the raw and cooked txtrs I extracted, saves it and plops it into my dl folder (and deletes them from my first file) they work? I mean I could use both files since then it works, but meh. I feel like my cloned file should really work >:-(

Any suggestions? I'll attach my cloned file here if somebody would want to take a look at it :-)

Edit: why I'm not just using my second file (with only the txtr in it) is because I want to change the name of the hot dogs and to do that I need the text list which SimPE extracts when cloning them, and it won't work when I extract it and add it to another file.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 3:56 PM
Yes I don't normally use object workshop because it misses so much that while I'm manually finding and extracting the missing stuff like the LOD meshes it's just as easy to manually extract everything.

It looks to me that the text list 'Model - Materials' contains two default textures instead of your textures. The op-code 'CT - Model - Update' does apply those textures at certain times to your model.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 4:37 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 11th Oct 2019 at 5:43 PM.
Ahh, I didn't know that! I thought it was just me doing something wrong lol. And thank you so much! I edited the 'Model - Materials' and that fixed it! no more pink hot dogs for me B )
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 11:48 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 25th Nov 2019 at 1:39 PM.
I have another problem, heh. I knew the hamburgers had the same missing files when cloned with SimPE and thought I could solve it myself now that I know how to fix the hot dogs, but nope. The hamburgers are flashing blue a short while before then actually using my raw texture, and I can't see anything wrong in 'Model - Materials' nor 'CT Model - Update'. Uploaded my file here if anyone would like to take a look. Already tried "fix integrity" without any luck :-(

Edit: I didn't bother trying to fix the problem, instead I manually extracted the text list.