Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 4:34 PM
Default Weird things your sims do
My sims autonomously go take showers/baths whenever their hygiene need slightly drops, but when they really need to take a shower they instead go to brush their teeth. :/
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 5:41 PM
Most of the things they do that I dislike, I've had modded out

As for just sheer hilarity and confusion; starting to cook meals then walking away, trying to have their first kiss with someone who has clearly expressed disinterest in them, and dancing in front of the fire and then being surprised when their whole family is dead.

"I told you to call the firefighters for a reason, John!"

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 7:40 PM
Most of the weird things they do I modded out also. I hated the attraction swoon where guys would spend all day in a room of like minded sims just catcall whistling. Nothing else. and women would spend all day fanning themselves.
I also modded out the hobby animations, rubik's cube, and the book walk. The hobby animations were annoying and horrific at the same time.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 8:19 PM
One of my sims would nearly always read when I directed her to go anywhere, even up stairs. And down stairs. And up stairs again. Seriously, how can a girl take pictures if you have your nose in that book 24/7?

Her husband constantly dragged out that Rubik's cube and started fiddling around with it, at every single moment, especially when not directed to.

Did I mention I played with free will off? Yeah... Those annoying idles... I know there are mods, and I know they're tied to skills and whatever (avoiding skilling bars by pre-filling skills them for my story sims, since they don't need skills and I can cheat them back down if need be), but I don't want to get rid of them entirely with mods because they do have some uses. I mean, I got some fun behind-the-scenes pictures, but still. Maybe take it down a few notches?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 11:32 AM
It's when my sims try to take a bath or shower before using the toilet or try to grab an instant meal instead of cooking a proper meal or try to grab a snack when I want them eating a real meal.That's why I don't walk away with the game unpaused and correct those inappropriate actions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 5:41 PM
I'd like also to mention that my sim Trish constantly tries to play SSX 3 at her computer but fails to whenever her fun meter is high. She inserts the CD on the computer, waits for the game to boot, then turns off the game and keeps repeating until I tell her to go away from the computer.