Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 11:36 PM
My sims keep making coffee and don't drink their mugs at all
HI. I'm a former SIMS2 player and I'm playing Sims 4 since 2 weeks now.
I did experiment a bug: I put a coffee machine on the kitchen and the sims are using it... but did'nt drink the mugs. They keep making new one.

I've seen several mod on the gallery about the coffee machines but nothing spoting this exact trouble.
As english in not primary language, I may be able to miss something.

If you can help me; it would be great. Thank you!

Note: I've tried different machines and to place it on different spot. Nothing change.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 1:30 AM
Up for any chance of answer?
dodgy builder
#3 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 7:23 AM
It depends on if this is a bug or not. I'm mainly a builder, but I play a bit. I haven't really seen it be such a big problem. Do you use mods, you can perhaps remove them and see if there is any changes.

... or you can download a mod to fix the coffee bit.
What I do though is to just make sure they drink the coffee they make.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandshan
HI. I'm a former SIMS2 player and I'm playing Sims 4 since 2 weeks now.
I did experiment a bug: I put a coffee machine on the kitchen and the sims are using it... but did'nt drink the mugs. They keep making new one.

I've seen several mod on the gallery about the coffee machines but nothing spoting this exact trouble.
As english in not primary language, I may be able to miss something.

If you can help me; it would be great. Thank you!

Note: I've tried different machines and to place it on different spot. Nothing change.

Are you instructing them to make the coffee or they do it autonomously?
if it's autonomous and you have Eco Lifestyle installed it might be NAP related, then you need to reapeal by getting signatures or instantly reapeal it by shift clicking your sims mailbox.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 11:39 PM
It's probably the damn multitasking.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Are you instructing them to make the coffee or they do it autonomously?

The same problem appear for Autonomous AND Insctructing.

if it's autonomous and you have Eco Lifestyle installed it might be NAP related, then you need to reapeal by getting signatures or instantly reapeal it by shift clicking your sims mailbox.

I don't understand it... I've Eco Lifestyle but I don't get why it could be related to NAP... I try another character in another city and the problem remain the same. I was speaking about the expresso/coffee machine you can bought an place on your house.
I can do some screen/video capture to show you.

Quote: Originally posted by littlesims2chick
It's probably the damn multitasking.

No other task involved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It depends on if this is a bug or not. I'm mainly a builder, but I play a bit. I haven't really seen it be such a big problem. Do you use mods, you can perhaps remove them and see if there is any changes.

... or you can download a mod to fix the coffee bit.
What I do though is to just make sure they drink the coffee they make.

I first removed the mods to be sure they're no responsable of;
My sims never drink the coffee. They keep taking mugs and then put them everywhere
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 6:44 AM
I just tested it with my sim, he brewed the coffee and autonomously grabbed a drink without any issue
I was using the Schmapple coffee machine if it matters.

maybe it is caused by MoveObjects? if you have clutter/cabinets/lights that you placed with MOO it can cause issues like that.
have you tried placing a counter in the middle of an empty space with nothing around it or above (and MoveObjects off), then the coffee machine on top of it to see if it changes anything?
have you tried with different coffee machines?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 5:54 PM
Quote:
Sims make coffee that they won't drink

You need to use Simgers Coffee.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 12:44 AM
I just tested it with my sim, he brewed the coffee and autonomously grabbed a drink without any issue
I was using the Schmapple coffee machine if it matters.

maybe it is caused by MoveObjects? if you have clutter/cabinets/lights that you placed with MOO it can cause issues like that.
have you tried placing a counter in the middle of an empty space with nothing around it or above (and MoveObjects off), then the coffee machine on top of it to see if it changes anything?
have you tried with different coffee machines?

I've already tested with some counters correctly placed without Moveobjects and it's not the cause.
I tested with a new sims in a Maxis house, no cc allowed. It works.
I now have to test witch mod is corrupting my coffee machine. Thank you for giving me all these testing ideas. I'll post my results.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 12:56 AM
Okay it was a mod for giving more energy drink. I'm dumb sorry, I could have begin with the mods :p
Thank you for all your answers... I'll first check the mod after something bug!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 5:38 PM
This sounds like the bug on answers hq where sims keep cooking when hungry and instead of eating it they just put down the meal and cook another, and another. Loads of people reporting it, and not all sufferers use mods

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 5:00 AM
Recently I have discovered that my sims wants yo drink water all the time and I don't know why. I'm sire it's not related to this...
Scholar
#14 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Recently I have discovered that my sims wants yo drink water all the time and I don't know why. I'm sire it's not related to this...

That's a game thing..
you can use MCCC AutoScan to ban these interactions from being autonomous.

click on a sim > MCCC > MC Tuner > Enable Autonomy Scan
click on the ground > Autonomy Commands > Search All Autonomous Interactions
search for a keyword, select the interactions you want to disable, click Back and close.

to disable the Auto Scan menu from showing up click on a sim again > MCCC > MC Tuner > Disable Autonomy Scan

these are the ones you need to disable:

26319 # fridge_GrabDrinkAutonomously
164355 # fridge_GrabWaterAutonomously
164351 # generic_consume_drink_water
133052 # sink_StartCrafting_Autonomously
222271 # autonomous_ObjectPicker_Sink_StartCrafting

(it makes it non autonomous for all sims, not just the one you selected)
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 7:42 PM
Thank you Keren I am also in the same situation of the original poster they are also found of eating popcorn , they are obsessed and I am tired of !
One Minute Ninja'd
#16 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 2:07 PM
Welcome to the Sims 4