Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 7:57 PM
Default Sims 4 2020 December update random rant
Sorry, but I just need to get some things off my head.
You may delete this thread if you think the forum is not the right place for that.

Why, EA, why?
Why the WoW-Nightelf-purple Skintones?
Why can I still not import a Sim from my Gallery into Story Mode?
Why do I still only have 9 different haircolors, with some of them (Mango yellow) extrememly ugly and unnatural? Will I ever get an option to customize the pre-made haircolors and eyes like in TS3?
When will I be able to save facial features to CAS?
Why do you give us so few options in CAS, which almost forces us to use CC, and then disable Mods with every update?
Why no heterochromia?
Why no height customizations? Other games have done this before.
Why do online games like FF14 have better Character Creation than a Singleplayer that focuses on creating different kinds of people?
Why is my Sims' personality, regardelss of traits, always the same? Why do I only have 3 slots for traits?
Are there even real people behind your games, or have you replaced them with AIs some years ago?
Do you think I didn't notice that, when the Game was released in 2014, the reason for not having toddlers, and teens being as tall as adults, was lazyness, because you would only have to create animations for 2 different models (child and teen/adult/elder)?
And I am not writing this because I hope these things will change. You don't care about the players. You want us to be disappointed, because with every stuff or expansion pack released, we will be the ones to buy it, because we think it will improve the gameplay. And it never does. I'm sad. Sims has stopped being a cute life simulation with weird humor and the freedom to be whatever you want and became a money machine with no place for imagination at all.
And I am the most stupid person on earth to still have hope and to still buy your stuff. I guess I always will.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 8:50 PM
ea did not think people would care if pools and toddlers were not in base game. They only added it in cause of the outrage that they were not in game.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 12:56 AM
So Sim mom had a handsome young toddler. Then she went to the magic realm to go shopping and when junior "came back from daycare" he looked like this. He's stuck. Usually this goes away and we never mention the elastic man super power again, but he's stuck and mom can't interact with junior and it's creeping me out.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
He's stuck.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 10:40 AM
When that happens, it surely would be nice to have a way to "unstuck" them.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
When that happens, it surely would be nice to have a way to "unstuck" them.

And I would probably go ahead and play with him. At least he's distinctive. Bet he still gets dates too.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 6:28 PM
I'm late to the party, but AIs would do so much better than EA.
Alchemist
#8 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Like somebody carved his cheeks open with a hot knive. Uh, that's a nightmare inducing stuff right there.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

- Mother, why are you screaming?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 10:52 AM
Ok, after playing a bit, I have to agree it's not true they don't listen to players at all. But TS4 could still be a better game after some small changes. Maybe they just didn't have the time.
Scholar
#11 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 11:48 AM
They always listen to us (but that doesn't mean they ever do anything with it). It is what makes it such a useless thing for a gamestudio to say. 'Don't worry, we listen to you..'
Scholar
#12 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 2:36 PM
I doubt they care at all. I have my game offline, thst way I don't get my game corrupted by game breaking patches and updates. I just have a few packs and that's all I want. I won't bay any more of the junk. I have spotted a few Y-tube videos about how bad this game have developed and I will watch them later when I'm off work for the holiday. It might get interesting...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 5:30 PM
I used to be one of those people who every time EA/Maxis updated, I'd get excited that the game would finally get fixed. OHHH...the heartbreak and heartache !
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 4:21 AM
I used to be one of those people who every time EA/Maxis updated, I'd get excited that the game would finally get fixed. OHHH...the heartbreak and heartache !

/me then look at Emmett's posted pic.

I think some of us might have Updatophobia (fear of (TS4) updates) right now, yeah, including me.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 3:59 PM

lol this is me, even after 6 long years. its like i'm in a toxic relationship with a game
Theorist
#16 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 5:36 PM
My favourite part is how we now have complete colour and saturation freedom with makeup but not hair or clothes

Because the one thing Sims players have been crying for is the option to fine-tune their makeup tones to match the ugliest coloured dresses known to mankind.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 2:06 AM Last edited by dikosay : 20th Dec 2020 at 2:30 AM.
Somewhat of a rant I have (though not EA/Maxis' fault -- wow, imagine that!) are some of the CC creators' antics. They could help us out a lot, too.
This has happened more often than not, but I once downloaded a dress that was purely a party dress. It even said "party" in the title/description. I got it into my game, but could not find that dress to save my life. I didn't know what I had done to make it disappear like that. It was in the mod folder, but I be doggone if it was in the game.
Turns out the maker had listed the dress in the kids section - of all places. I found it amongst toddler wear. I FINALLY came across it while dressing a newly aged-up baby.
I suppose if I hadn't had children in my game, I'd still be looking for that dress.