Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 6:31 AM
Default How do I re-enable custom mods?
Hello. I am new to the site and new to the Sims 4. Just bought it on Black Friday when it was on sale. Anyways, I came here, downloaded some awesome custom content and it worked great in the game. Then the December update happened. It disabled custom content.

I went to the options and re checked it. hit save, restarted my game, and the game disabled it again. What is going on?

I went to google and found a couple things to try, like deleting the options file in the my documents directory. I tried that. I tried moving the mods folder out of the directory. Nothing worked. Mods are still disabled every time I open my game. I figured how this was a Sims 4 modding website, and I see no threads anywhere saying "Sims 4 disabled all custom content!", perhaps the people here have figured out how to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 10:20 AM
Only options file or mods folder is not enough. I know of many people who had this problem and for all of them this method worked - first of all move all your mods/cc folder, tray files folder and saves somewhere outside, like desktop. Then delete whole sims 4 folder in documents, open the game so it would generate new folders, enable your mods in settings and close the game. Put back your files and now your mods should work again.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 10:34 AM
Make sure you're not doubling up your folders in the mod folder. The game can only read mods 1 folder deep. And it's best that all your script files ("ts4script") are no deeper than the actual mod folder itself. (Yeah, I said you can get away with going another folder deeper - but it's not necessarily the best way to do it with script files.)
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 1:33 PM
Deleting Options.ini or recreating the entire Sims 4 folder would result in the same thing - the Options.ini would have the default setting of disabled mods and script mods..
instead you should (close the game and) open the Options.ini file in Notepad
use ctrl+f to search for mods, then change these two lines so they'll end up like this:

modsdisabled = 0
scriptmodsenabled = 1

make sure not to touch anything else, save and close the file, then restart your game.