Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 2:11 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 2nd Jan 2021 at 2:46 PM.
Default Is EA's take on XMLElements just.. this bad?
Hey everyone!

I'm currently working on a mod that reads quite a bit of XML. Now, for debugging the thing, I had decided to just make an easy Console App Where you see everything in the command line. Did the debugging for that one, everything worked allright and the parsing was done beautifully!

Now, I dumped the same parsing system back into the script that the game reads (So, on preload) but half of it isn't being read by the game.

The code basically comes with 5 different 'big' Nodes it has to go through, of course those nodes come with child nodes, etc. My Console app got all of those right and was able to find all of them and parse them back to me.

EA's XML code on the other hand... they only read 2 'big' nodes and after that, the code *somehow* thinks it's done. 

I've had issues with EA's XML parsing system before, to be quite frankly. Where I'd tell the code what XML file it had to read (Because LoadXML() is really just done with a name you give it in S3PE and making sure the instance id works), but for some weird reason, no matter what I did, it would just not find it. Despite doing it exactly the same way as i'm doing it right now :p

I'm just wondering if i'm the only one who has noticed this. Is it because of the preloading that some of the classes simply bork, crash and burn or..?

Happy new year btw!

EDIT: I do wanna say that part of the issue was not updating the XML file in the package file :p But the part of 'Finding the XML still seems to remain' :/