Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 11:52 AM Last edited by Mrmo : 11th Jan 2021 at 5:59 PM.
Default The problem whit the Roomies household...Help needed. (Some problems solved)
Are there any Sims 4 house builders in here? (that was the most stupid question of 2021, of cause there are TS4 house builders in here).

Anyways, the thing is that I play the the Roomies household in an old save. You know, Zoe P, Michell K, J Huntington and Gavin R. But I have big troubles playing them because their actions trigger the worst in me. And maybe I can get some tips on how to solve this problems. It would be great.

The worst problem by playing the household is their constant nagging about the home environment. The "kitchen is trash" they say. It stinks and the dining chair seems to be lava* (*more about that topic later) so no one ever uses them if I do not command them to. And even if I do they run away from there. No, here is a pic of the building in it's current state:

Now, the things I have done so far is to change the colors and some furniture in the kitchen, moved the trashcan outside, changed the floor into white (marble) and put up some ceiling lights to brighten up the building. But the still claim it s***s! Now, I know that sims love to have art on their walls but How do you put pics, arts or any sort of decorations on walls that to 95% made out of windows? It's impossible. Yes, I Can use wallpapers but I do not think it will make any difference. I do play Gavin in an other save where he lives in a decorated house whit wallpapers and he still argues! What the ****?

And then there is an other thing: Gavin is an author and J is a computer tech so they both have computers. I did use the security settings on this computers to make sure that only the correct houshold members can use them but this do not work or work only temporary when I play the lot. The others still can still use them. Now I have locked the doors to their rooms. Let's see if that helps but I doubt it.

And to go back to the problem whit dining tables: Just recently I have discovered this issue in many families (in different saves on different installs, different computers even). It's more fun to stand in front of the fridge eating then to sit somewhere. It does not matter what kind of house it is, how the chairs look or what they cost. The sims just won't if I do not command them. I do have the Greetings nuker installed (do not always work) so they do not (always) leave the table. I installed the "Eat at tables" mod from here: https://modthesims.info/d/635455/ea...ated-kinda.html (I installed the newer file) but that did not help. So how to solve that?

Before I post this I will make this clear: I run a game that have not been patched since I installed a few packs (I think it was in August or September last year). I keep my installs offline to keep game/mod breaking code from EA/Origin. That's important to me!
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 5:14 AM
As I had some trouble getting to sleep last night I was thinking about the problems and looking at the pic once again I might have found one of them. A household member was trying to make some food and sat the stove on fire. I replaced it, the counter to the right of it but may have missed that the vent hood also was demaged. Ok, that explains why the sims don't like the kitchen but it does not answer the questions why I have sims on other lots, even other saves, that keeps nagging about bad home environment. And the other questions is also open...
Inventor
#3 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 9:59 AM
As for the mod you linked - just use this mod https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/...ad-google-drive. Works wonders for me. As for the bad environment - if you can't place any pictures, use some clutter, like fruit bowl etc.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 11:23 AM
I will check that mod out, it looks to be exactly what I need.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 9:10 PM
Yes it worked! The mod is doing it's thing as planed. Well, it fails sometimes in the Roomies household but the sims is not possible to control in all parts so I would not get it better then it is now. But in most cases it works.

Anyway, I was correct about the exhaust fan, it as damaged by fire and Gavin, who is a very nagging sim already, never failed to point it out. What buggs me is that I could not see any remarks from the sims in the small noticed that shows their emotions. Strange...

BTW, I did learn something new today: The handymen do not show up if the broken piece of equipment is located in a locked area. I had been locking some doors to make Zoe and Michell stay of the computers but when things broke down (only Zoe can fix broken stuff) and my sims called I only got the message about that it was going to be fixed, no one came. This was new to me. Back in the days of playing TS2 this did not matter.