Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 9:43 AM Last edited by Disil07 : 5th Jan 2021 at 9:48 AM. Reason: Added some description
Having Fun with The Sims 4 Base Game from 2014
Just installed TS4 and realised that the version of my TS4 is 1.0.732.x, which when I looked at sims fandom, it is TS4 with patch 5. Any ideas to make it fun and not bored by just a few hours? I can't upgrade to the latest patch because the file size has over 7 GB and my broadband is very slow.

Also can you guys recommend me a mod that still works with this version? Thanks for the help guys!
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 12:00 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 5th Jan 2021 at 2:30 PM.
Hunnn??? I would have thought installing it anew would have squarely put you on the most current patch level during install? Was it an install from a rare TS4 disc? (I've heard they exist. But I've only ever "heard" that.) Even so, it would have, or rather, Origin would have required an internet connection as and when installing game. Again, putting you squarely on the latest patch level. Begs the question, from which source did you install? Origin, as it lives and breathes, would not have installed the game in the stone age era of TS4. Never in a million...

Unless you are talking about the Legacy version. When EA Maxis stopped supporting the 32GB version of TS4 back last summer? If playing on a low-end machine, that's probably the version you are stuck at, and all packs and patches since Discover Uni do not effect the Legacy version, cannot even install new packs since Uni, which is where Legacy is now stuck on patch 1.60 (or thereabouts, can't remember exactly) forever more.

So then, how powerful is the machine you installed TS4 on? If a 64GB machine, then game would be installed to current patch level from Origin every time. If 32GB machine specs, then you're on Legacy version and patch updates will no more effect your game. (PS. Don't try to buy anything for TS4 on Origin that came after Uni - or other sources, no matter how cheap you can get legitimate game keys on Amazon, ebay or such the like. Even if you got them at the fair price of a buck-ninety-nine. (Which is about right for anything made by current Maxis.) You simply cannot install it on the Legacy version. Don't waste your money, not unless you're also planning to get a shiny, new 64GB gaming rig with all the bells and whistles. Which ain't going to be a buck-ninety-nine, but an arm-and-a-leg at the very least. Factor in the cost of your nuts and half the price of your ever-loving soul if you want some newfangled ray-tracing tech on the GPU, and that should just about cut it. I know that much.)

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 12:48 PM
Ah, where did you get the game from?
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hunnn??? I would have thought installing it anew would have squarely put you on the most current patch level during install? Was it an install from a rare TS4 disc? Even so, it would have, or rather, Origin would have required an internet connection as and when installing game. Again, putting you squarely on the latest patch level. Begs the question, from what source did you install? Origin, as it lives and breathes, would not have installed the game in the stone age era of TS4. Never in a million...

Unless you are talking about the Legacy version. When EA Maxis stopped supporting the 32GB version of TS4 back last summer? If playing on a low-end machine, that's probably the version you are stuck at, and all packs and patches since Discover Uni do not effect the Legacy version, cannot even install new packs since Uni, which is where Legacy is now stuck on patch 1.60 (or thereabouts, can't remember exactly) forever more.

So then, how powerful is the machine you installed TS4 on? If a 64GB machine, then game would be installed to current patch level from Origin every time. If 32GB machine specs, then you're on Legacy version and patch updates will no more effect your game. (PS. Don't try to buy anything for TS4 on Origin that came after Uni. You cannot install it on Legacy version.)

I think the last patch for the Legacy Edition is 1.56.52 according to Crinrict's blog and that version is only available to people who already own the game.
I could only recommend Patching/downloading the game overnight if you have a slow connection. It's worth it for all the free additions to the original 2014 version, even for the Legacy one. That's if you bought a valid version of Sims 4.

If you get the latest patch all the latest versions of Mods should work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:22 PM
Hunnn??? I would have thought installing it anew would have squarely put you on the most current patch level during install? Was it an install from a rare TS4 disc? (I've heard they exist. But I've only ever "heard" that.) Even so, it would have, or rather, Origin would have required an internet connection as and when installing game. Again, putting you squarely on the latest patch level. Begs the question, from which source did you install? Origin, as it lives and breathes, would not have installed the game in the stone age era of TS4. Never in a million...

I installed TS4 from disc. Yes it says you must installed Origin, but after that Origin doesn't update or doing something.

Nah I'm in 64 bit Windows, but when I look in task manager, TS4 is named The Sims 4 (32 bit). I want to update the game, but not now since I'm using broadband connection xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Ah, where did you get the game from?
From original disc that came in 2014 or 2015 (I forgot)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I think the last patch for the Legacy Edition is 1.56.52 according to Crinrict's blog and that version is only available to people who already own the game.
I could only recommend Patching/downloading the game overnight if you have a slow connection. It's worth it for all the free additions to the original 2014 version, even for the Legacy one. That's if you bought a valid Sims 4
Yes I want to update the game, but my connection still not enough fast and still take 8 hours
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 11:35 PM
I would say that 8 hours would be worth it, leave it on overnight or something. The game is empty enough now, never mind on release. Does that mean no pools, no toddlers, no ghosts, no terrain tools?
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 12:30 AM
It would be worth leaving all night if you don't have to pay extra for it!

I had to do this a couple of years ago for Windows 10 and a new machine which didn't have the latest up-to-date version and umpteen updates. Ok if you can trust the machine and the power supply. It was all present and correct the next morning.

Of course you have to make sure the machine doesn't automatically turn the screen and power off too soon because of power settings.
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:02 AM
8 Hours would be about the time it would take me to download the entire game, and every pack released that covering over 40 gigabytes.

But, you don't even have to download it all in one go, you can Exit and Resume the download anytime.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dockamorpher
I would say that 8 hours would be worth it, leave it on overnight or something. The game is empty enough now, never mind on release. Does that mean no pools, no toddlers, no ghosts, no terrain tools?
No toddlers and pools. But surprisingly, there are terrain tools.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
It would be worth leaving all night if you don't have to pay extra for it!

I had to do this a couple of years ago for Windows 10 and a new machine which didn't have the latest up-to-date version and umpteen updates. Ok if you can trust the machine and the power supply. It was all present and correct the next morning.

Of course you have to make sure the machine doesn't automatically turn the screen and power off too soon because of power settings.
I'm ever do Windows 10 update from version 1809 to 1909, it was a nightmare. So my laptop (not pc) is overheating, and the more I wait, the more internet becomes laggy. When started, download speed was 5 mbps, but when almost finished the download speed is 20 kbps.

Also, TS4 is bigger than windows update. Windows update only consume 3 GB, but TS4 latest patch consumes 8 GB.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
8 Hours would be about the time it would take me to download the entire game, and every pack released that covering over 40 gigabytes.

But, you don't even have to download it all in one go, you can Exit and Resume the download anytime.
okay thanks, I will update the game maybe 500 mbps per week, so my internet quota doesn't blow out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:23 AM
But anyway, how to have fun with this base game from 2014?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Disil07
No toddlers and pools. But surprisingly, there are terrain tools.

terrain paint*

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.