Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 4:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Flashing blue objects
Why do some objects have a flashing blue colour in my game?
Is this a sign of corruption?
This isn't CC!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 5:21 PM
Flashing blue means that the game cannot find a texture. Either you removed a recolour that you used, or you have a slaved item that cannot find the master. Which items are flashing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Flashing blue means that the game cannot find a texture. Either you removed a recolour that you used, or you have a slaved item that cannot find the master. Which items are flashing?

The bed frame is flashing blue.
I didn't remove a recolour that I used, because this isn't CC, and the other sentece I don't understand.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 6:49 PM
Can you show me a screenshot of the bed? If you use the design tool on it, can you change it to another colour? Which expansion packs do you have?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 7:18 PM

If the game can't find a custom recolor, it should switch to a default color. Those shouldn't start flashing blue (generally, anyway - there may be a few exceptions).

CC items with poorly adde/removed subsets, or slaved/repo'd items without their master item could flash blue, though.

Do you have any CEP files or CEP-extras - mods that add subsets to EAxis items? Could be something wrong there, if you're either using recolors that aren't updated, or don't have the proper CEPs for the recolors. Make sure to read about the CC items you're downloading, even if they're recolors.

Other than that, the best way to figure out if it's the game or a CC item, is to move out your CC from the Downloads folder and see if the problem still persists. If it does, it could be a game problem (or a CC item in the install location). If it doesn't it's probably CC-related. You might want to backup your game before trying this, as removing certain mods and items can cause unwanted bugs ingame.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 7:25 PM
Can you show me a screenshot of the bed? If you use the design tool on it, can you change it to another colour? Which expansion packs do you have?

I'm playing the Ultimate collection.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If the game can't find a custom recolor, it should switch to a default color. Those shouldn't start flashing blue (generally, anyway - there may be a few exceptions).

CC items with poorly adde/removed subsets, or slaved/repo'd items without their master item could flash blue, though.

Do you have any CEP files or CEP-extras - mods that add subsets to EAxis items? Could be something wrong there, if you're either using recolors that aren't updated, or don't have the proper CEPs for the recolors. Make sure to read about the CC items you're downloading, even if they're recolors.

Other than that, the best way to figure out if it's the game or a CC item, is to move out your CC from the Downloads folder and see if the problem still persists. If it does, it could be a game problem (or a CC item in the install location). If it doesn't it's probably CC-related. You might want to backup your game before trying this, as removing certain mods and items can cause unwanted bugs ingame.

If it is the game, does it mean that I don't have a good enough graphic card?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 8:18 PM
Most likely it's not the game itself. Blue flashing tends to be CC-related even when it seems to happen to an EAxis item. That's why it's important to first rule out CC - or rather figure out if CC is what's causing the problem.

Would help with a picture of the item, and if you can try running your game without CC.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 8:25 PM
Sometimes when a lot is reset, a Maxis object or part of an object may flash blue. This can also happen if the object is in a neighborhood that you've just installed in your game (all lots are always reset when you install a neighborhood for the first time.)

I see this a lot in my game, usually with Maxis bed meshes As often as not, the bed frame itself doesn't flash blue - it just has a messed up texture. The sheets/blankets may sometimes flash blue. The Glamour Life Stuff double bed, the Hemnes double bed from Ikea Stuff, one of the cheap Base Game single beds (I forget which), Dreaming of Olde double bed from Apartment Life, and (I think) the Four Post Bed from Seasons.

If your problem was caused by a reset, just use the recolor tool on the bed and it should be fine. It doesn't even cost the usual $15!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 9:31 PM
^ Don't think I've ever seen that happen before, at least not unless it was CC-related (CEP or similar). But if so, try rebuying the item or recoloring the item first. If that doesn't work, try without CC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 10:23 PM
Flashing blue bedframe happens because of CEP I get that plus some pictures. Grab the recolour tool, click the bed, it should be fixed-until next time. The bohemian bed seems to do this in particular, the one with some curtaining around it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Sometimes when a lot is reset, a Maxis object or part of an object may flash blue.

This was why I asked OP to check the design tool; I see this a lot in game!

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Flashing blue bedframe happens because of CEP I get that plus some pictures

Oh, I've not seen pictures with the problem, it's always beds for me! And I sometimes see them change to a cheap wood texture.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If the game can't find a custom recolor, it should switch to a default color.

I was thinking of custom items where I've had this happen.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 12:23 AM
^ For CC - if it's not a slaved/repo'd mesh, then it should "default" to the textures used in the master mesh.

Slaved/repo'd meshes will usually flash blue if the master mesh isn't available. They can sometimes have one subset available, which will result in one subset showing up and the other flashing blue (like if the bedding works but the bedframe lacks the master mesh).

If CC meshes are removed from the game, but lots were saved with the items, they'll (usually) default to whichever original EAxis item they were cloned from.

---

Just curious, but what do you mean when you say a "reset lot"? Maybe it's just something I haven't been doing in my game. I just don't think I've seen objects flash blue unless there's been issues with the files (well, and a few accessories I'm currently trying to problemsolve... ).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 4:57 AM
Just too clarify, I do have CC in my game, but the bed is not CC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
Just too clarify, I do have CC in my game, but the bed is not CC.

Yes, but you have CEP right? Just use the swatch tool on it, no biggie.

Oh, I've not seen pictures with the problem, it's always beds for me! And I sometimes see them change to a cheap wood texture.

I was thinking of custom items where I've had this happen.

I downloaded this large Extras folder from Live Journal and I don't have recolours to each of the game paintings it included so those one are showing blue. On my list of 'things that need doing'.
The bed only tends to show up on a newly installed lot or after a reset or shows up in an odd wood grain texture. I also have the game ivy regularly show up blue, but only in catalogue. It could also be the mod that makes extra items go up and down the wall. *shrug*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes, but you have CEP right? Just use the swatch tool on it, no biggie.

I downloaded this large Extras folder from Live Journal and I don't have recolours to each of the game paintings it included so those one are showing blue. On my list of 'things that need doing'.
The bed only tends to show up on a newly installed lot or after a reset or shows up in an odd wood grain texture. I also have the game ivy regularly show up blue, but only in catalogue. It could also be the mod that makes extra items go up and down the wall. *shrug*

I do not have CEP.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 3:21 PM
I do not have CEP.
So several people here have advised for you to use the design tool on the bed- did you try this? Please test this first, then we can advise you what to try next.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 10:19 PM
I do not have CEP.

So you have no recolours in your game? Because in post 3# you said "I didn't remove a recolour that I used". If you have recolours of Maxis items you have CEP.

~Call me Jo~