Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 2:28 AM
Default ~(Teen RomCom) :: College Hell [CH1/PART2 Uploaded Feb 25th~]
[[A/N This is my first time attempting to write a Sim Story. I hope it doesn't suck. Also I've split the first chapter into two parts because there are apparently too many images. Once (If) This gets approved, I'll post the second part of the first chapter :x]]

~ Chapter 1 ~

I never thought college life would be so strange. Oh, before I start, I should probably introduce myself. Who am I?

I’d be Rosie Dart. Well no, actually, it would be Rosamund Dart, but I don’t go by that name for obvious reasons. I do have at least some sense of style. I really do. Oh, I guess that’s where this all starts. Me going to college in a brand new place, full of all sorts of well, different styles. The thing that really set things off I suppose, is me arriving at college a week late. I wasn’t from around these parts, I was actually a bit of a foreigner. But my older sister had gone to college here, and she said it was the best place ever. She thought it was so great, she never came back. She decided to move here. And as such, my poor, deprived family had to follow her and that’s how we ended up here. I understand where they’re coming from, but still, they had to wait until after the college year had started before moving. That’s how I got here a week late. And that’s how I became the new girl.

This was going to be the new dorm I was going to stay in. Don’t ask me why there’s random stuff on the roof, because I wouldn’t know. This is pretty different in comparison to what I’m used to. My old town was really quite dainty and laid back. This is my first year of college, but back when I went to school, I always attended neat little all-girls places. I had also never stayed in a dorm before – back in my old town, everybody just lived at home and walked to the only school in town. But now here I was, going to move into a place without my parents for the first time.

I tried to smile as I walked past a balcony full of various band instruments and into a hall full of color and bling. As the year had already started a week ago, it wasn’t like I was going to get any formal entrance ceremony. That was a good thing I guess; I don’t really like attention. The man I talked with over the phone said that my room was already basically furnished and ready to go, and he had also told me that one of the other students would be waiting to help me as I arrived. Only all the other students in this place seemed totally crazy. People were like… dancing around and going psycho… What was this? I thought college was about sitting down and studying. Not acting like party animals…

“Hey! Hey you! Are you Rosamund?”

“Huh…?”

I hadn’t expected anybody to actually know my name. Well, I didn’t really want anybody to know my real name, anyway. But one person apparently did. It took me a few seconds to actually figure out exactly who was calling me, but I got it, eventually, and made my way towards a rather pretty looking girl with long blonde hair.

“Oh! So you are Rosamund, right…?” she said as I approached. She had a really high voice and her face was caked with makeup. Back where I came from, that sort of thing wasn’t allowed. But still, it did look really nice on her.

“Oh… Hi,” I said, trying to make myself heard over the tone deaf girl playing the piano, “Actually… it’s Rosie! But yeah, that’s me!”

“But… your real name is Rosamund, right?” the girl asked, now eyeing me from top to toe.

I chose to remain quiet because I didn’t exactly know how to answer that question without humiliating myself, but the girl seemed to take my silence as a yes.

“Oh awesome! Rosamund’s a really pretty name, really~! Nice to meet you, I’m Cindy, Cindy River,”

Cindy, eh? Well, that name really suited her. Much like how boring old Rosamund seemed to fit me right now. I tried to put Cindy’s ability to just shine out of my mind and decided to ask her about my room instead.

“Well, I’m kinda new here, but you probably already know that… and um, I need someone to show me my room…”

“Oh right! I almost forgot!” Cindy exclaimed suddenly, “…I was supposed to show you that! Oh, come on!”

And with that, she grabbed my arm, and suddenly I was being led out of the room and into another hall and up the stairs.

“You’re right next door to me,” Cindy was saying as we climbed up, “So that means you’re a part of the second floor group, like me. Freshmen. See, all of those other people that were in that room just then, they’re all Sophomores or higher. There’s eight of us freshmen here, including you,”

“So all the freshmen are on the second floor?” I asked as we arrived on the landing.

“Yep!” said Cindy, turning a corner and now leading me towards a wall of doors. I noticed that the door closest to the corner had my picture on it.

“So this is my room?” I asked as we came to a halt in front of it.

“Yep!” Cindy answered, “It’s really basically furnished, but I’m sure you’ll like it. I’m right next door, so like, if you want anything I guess you can come in and ask, but knock first. So, I’ll see ya later!”

Giving me one last wave, Cindy turned on her heel and made her way down the corridor, leaving me in front of my brand new room. Opening the door, I found that Cindy was right; the furnishing was extremely basic. But I had a bed, a wardrobe and a table, and I guess that was all I could ask for. I shut the door behind me, and collapsed, quite instantly, onto my bed. First thing was first; I whipped out the College Handbook. I had way too many questions that needed to be answered.

It would have been nice, y’know, if I had actually gotten a chance to read the book before the screaming started to come from the next room. As I had already heard some loud noises in this building, I wouldn’t have had let the screaming bother me if it wasn’t Cindy’s voice I was hearing.

“HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU? GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!”

I slammed my book shut. I was a fairly nice girl, but I was still a girl. I liked listening in on other conversations. I had no idea what Cindy was yelling about, but it seemed that she was arguing with someone; a guy. It was definitely a male voice that followed.

“…Can I have my table back?”

“NO! GET OUT! WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING IN HERE?”

“Your room is more pink than mine!”

Well, that was a quite a strange thing to hear a guy say. Climbing out of my bed, I pressed my ear to the opposite wall, continuing to listen…

“WELL OF COURSE MY ROOM IS PINKER THAN YOURS. PINK IS ALLOWED TO BE MY FAVOURITE COLOR. JUST BECAUSE YOU FAIL AT BEING A GUY, THAT DOESN’T MEAN YOU’RE ALLOWED IN HERE!"

“Alright! Fine! Give me back my table!”

“NO!”

“Pleeaaaaaase…..”

*THUNK*

*SLAM*

The sound of something heavy hitting the floor and the slam of a door had me rushing outside to see exactly what was going on next door. What I found wasn’t pretty.

Some guy, no doubt the person Cindy had been arguing with, was lying sprawled on the floor outside her room.

“Um… are you alright?” I asked, shutting my door behind me and going to help.

“…I’m fine…” the boy groaned, picking himself up off the floor, allowing me to catch a glimpse of his face. I had to keep myself from gasping.

Pink.

This guy’s face was covered with the color. He had some kind of painting done around his eyes which only matched the lipstick he was wearing. Even his hair was purple, and his sparkly silver earrings only enhanced his strange appearance.

“Um… what happened?” I asked, still staring straight at him.

“Well Cindy still won’t give me my fancy table back. That witch; so what if only girls are allowed to like pink and her room has to look the absolute fanciest out of all of ours. If she’s going to steal my stuff then should at least let me into her totally fancy room to admire it and all of its fancy qualities…”

“Uh-huh…” I replied, unable to take my eyes off his face. I didn’t catch much of what he was saying; other than the fact that he used the word fancy way to much.

“Yeah…” he muttered in agreement… “Oh hang on! Who the fancy are you?”
It took him that long to notice me? How invisible was I around here?

“Um, hi… I’m Rosie Dart… I’m a new freshman here,” I told him awkwardly. He nodded.

“Ooh. The fancy “Room 5” girl. Well I’m Lukas Lyndon. Freshman of Room 3. Total pleasure to meet you,”

“Room 5 Girl?”

“Yep! I’m Room 3, Cindy’s Room 4 and you’re Room 5. How fancy is that?”

Oh.

“That’s uh… nice,” I said, now noting the metal numbers on the doors. “So why were you trying to sneak into Cindy’s room anyway?”

“Hmmm,” he said, not at all bothered by my intrusion into his probably private matters, “Well I had this fancy pink table, right? Well it was the exact same table as one that Cindy had, and well, nobody is allowed to have the same fancy stuff as Cindy River, and she took my table from me. And I don’t know where the fancy she’s put it. So like, if I can’t have it back, I should be allowed to go admire her totally fancy room,”

Well, Lukas looked pretty upset about the whole thing. But Cindy… doing something like that?

“Why would Cindy do that? She seemed pretty nice…”

I had evidently said the wrong thing; for at that moment Lukas’s face curled up in disgust.

“Cindy? Nice?” Oh my fancy, that ain’t possible. I went to middle school with Cindy River. She hasn’t changed much since then. Oh, I still remember what she did when we were in the 8th grade…”

“Huh? What’d she do…?” I asked, interested. Lukas sighed.

“Well, I’d love to have a fancy chat, but I have class like, now,” he said apologetically, “We’d have to catch up later, Rosie Hun, I’m sorry, I gotta run,”

“Oh, alright,” I said, waving to him as he sped down the hall me and Cindy had entered through. This left me staring at Cindy’s door. Hmm… was she really that bad? She seemed so nice…

*CLICK*

“HAHAHAHAHAHA…”

Wondering what on earth was going on now, I turned away from Cindy’s room to find my newest acquaintances. Two boys, one with brown hair and one with blonde hair. The blonde one had a camera, and the other guy was laughing.

“Ugh! What are you laughing at?” I yelled, noticing that they were laughing at me.

“Well, someone actually was talking to Lukas Lyndon. Hilarious!” said the guy with brown hair.

“A Kodak moment,” said the other. I glared at them.

“You do realize it’s rude to point, laugh and take photos without someone’s permission,” I said, unable to come up with anything better. They just burst into more laughter.

“No seriously,” said the brown haired boy, “Lukas Lyndon is the biggest insult to men in the history of… ever!”

“…He’s not that bad…”

“We know how bad he is, girl, we’ve been with him since middle school,”
As they continued to laugh, I just stared at these two. So, these two were freshmen too, hm?

“Who are you anyway?” the blonde boy asked. I rolled my eyes; as if my identity would interest them.

“You first,”

“Ooh, touchy touchy,” cooed the boy, “Fine. I’m Erik River,”

Hmm. Where had I heard that before? OH!

“You wouldn’t happen to know Cindy, would you?”

Erik’s face mirrored Lukas’s on the mention of Cindy’s name.

“Woah woah woah,” he said quickly, “I have no connection whatsoever to Cindy,”

“But you have the same last name…” I told him, “And you said you went to school with Lukas and Lukas apparently went to school with Cindy and…”

“So what? River is a common last name. And loads of people went to that school. I ain’t a small town guy, I went to a big school,”

“Oh,” I sighed. Wow, I sure had a lot to learn about this place.

“BUT! Erik is an idiot,”

“Huh?”

It was the other boy, the one with brown hair, who had cut in.

“Excuse me?” I turned to look at him.

“Ignore anything Erik says. He’s Cindy’s brother. Twin brother. For some reason, he won’t admit it. I dunno WHAT he’s so ashamed of, Cindy’s great,” he told me.

“So… there isn’t anything wrong with her…?” I asked, rather confused.

“Nup,”

“Speak for yourself,” Erik muttered under his breath.

“Huh? What do you mea-” I started, but before I finished, the other guy had cut through.

“But enough about Cindy and Erik, do you want to know about me?” he asked, opening his mouth so I could see and every one of his shiny teeth.

“Not really,” I told him truthfully. He didn’t care for my answer.

“My name is Lionel Richards VII, I come from a very long line of Knights. My family have been serving this country for more than six hundred years now, and as the eldest of my male line, I will continue to uphold my family’s longstanding tradition by graduating from this college and going on to become yet another brave soldier of this land!”

“Uh…” I stuttered, lost for words to say, “…Didn’t knights die out years ago? And since when did they go to college?”

“Knights? Die out? As long as I, Lionel Richards VII am alive, the Knights will never, ever, die out! And it is since last week that knights went to college! My line shall live on for a long time yet!”

Lionel finished up by giving yet another pose and flashing those teeth once again.

“What makes you think I care?”

I didn’t wait for him to react before turning around and walking off on the both of them. Wow… what a weirdo, that Lionel Richards VII.

“OI! You forgot to introduce yourself!”

“It’s Rosie Dart!”

I didn’t bother to turn around and look back at them. I simply yelled out my name, leaving it for them ponder as I turned around another corner and got myself out of their sight. Oh well, I had accomplished one thing in meeting with Lionel Richards; I’d figured out I wasn’t the only one with a horribly old fashioned name.

~Chapter 1: Part 1 END~

Yay I'm back~!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 2:58 AM
~ Part 2 ~

Finding that I couldn’t go back to my room the way I had come without running into Lionel and Erik, I decided that I’d just have to make the full circle and return the other way. Of course, the incredibly strange people didn’t just stop there; I was just finding myself through another corridor when I heard voices coming from the two doors on either side of me. Once again, it sounded like two people arguing.

“C’mon, lets hit the skate park! You can have a shot on my new board!”

“No way! Me? On a board? No way!”

“So what do you suggest? The library?”

“Well, that would be a sweet idea! Like, you can look up skate books or something…”

“Books are kinda boring!”

“Then what’s something we both agree on?”

“SHOPPING!”

The doors on either side of me opened, and a person walked out of each. Two girls. Well, I had thought they were yelling at each other from inside their rooms, but I was wrong; they were each holding a mobile phone, and were using those to communicate… even though they were now within a foot of each other.

“Oh my god, oh my god!” One of the girls, the one with red hair, was saying, “We can totally check out that place on fifth street. I think we skipped that one the other day, didn’t we?”

“Yeah!” the other replied, “And like , I saw this nice place on across the road from it! They have frilly skirts there!”

“Frilly skirts ain’t exactly my thing…”

“Well they had nice hats too!”

“Oh, schweet!”

I couldn’t help but smirk as I watched these two waste their mobile phone credit talking to each other like that.

“Oh, I gotta hang up,” said the redhead suddenly, “There’s some chick here who wants to talk to me!”

“Me too! Well, chat later,” said the other.

Once again it had taken these people such a long time to notice my presence, but I could already tell that they weren’t exactly very bright. The pair of them hung up their phones and rushed towards me.

“Oh, hello! You must be the new girl… Rebecca was it?” said the girl with black hair, “I’m Ayu Sanji! I’m a freshman,”

“Yeah, and I’m April Love, Freshman. And her name was Rachel, if I recall I correct” said her companion.

“Oh hi,” I said, forcing a smile, “It’s Rosie by the way,”

“Yeah! Rosie! That was it!” the two girls said in unison.

“Uh… yeah,” I mumbled awkwardly.

“Anyway, I’m the sports scholarship student,” said April,

“Yeah, and I’m here on the academic scholarship!” added Ayu.

“We’re best friends,” they said together, “And nice meeting you! It’s great that we have another girl here, other than that awful Cindy. We’re off to go shopping now~”

“That’s nice,” I said, at a loss of anything else to say. Academic scholarship? Didn’t that like, require brains? And sports scholarship… didn’t those people play sport 24/7? Not go shopping. And also… what did these two have against Cindy?

“Well I’ll leave you to it,” I told them, turning around and walking away once again. I didn’t exactly know why I was just walking off on everyone like this, but all the people here weren’t the sort I was used to. It probably would pay off to socialize, but that would just have to wait.

At the end of this hall, there was yet another room, but this one was all isolated, and on its own. That was peculiar; everybody else had rooms which were surrounded by other rooms, and this one was all its own. Considering the other people who lived here, I wouldn’t have minded taking the room at the end of the hall, but it was already taken. Somebody else’s picture was on it.

Hmm, well, whoever slept in this room looked pretty interesting. It wasn’t like everybody else in this building wasn’t interesting or anything, it was just that this guy looked almost creepy. And the fact that he had a room all the way at the end of the hall all by himself? Yeah, that was pretty creepy too. But no sooner had I arrived at the scene to take a look had I heard sudden loud giggling coming from behind me. As I turned around, I found to my annoyance that April Love and Ayu Sanji had chosen to follow me.

“Hey Rosie…” said April

“What do you two want?” I asked, honestly wondering what they were up to. Didn’t they have shopping plans?

“The guy in there is a bit of a weirdo…” whispered Ayu

Look who’s talking…

“Yeah… Jakey Knight is his name. He’s a freshman too. He just comes down for meals and classes and then goes and shuts himself up in his room…” said April,

“Oh, and he plays the guitar sometimes. That’s how we know that he hasn’t just gone in there and died,”

“Okay… well uh, thanks guys?” I said, trying to sound amused, the two of them burst into giggles again. I rolled my eyes.

“Well have fun shopping I guess,”

Once again, I walked off on them, leaving them to giggle and gossip about god knows what. I could see my room now; finally, it was time for some rest.

--

It was only when I had closed the door to my room and settled into bed that I noticed just what the next four years of my life would be like. I had been told that there were seven other freshmen staying in this dorm; and I had just met the rest of them in some form or another.

Jakey Knight, Ayu Sanji, April Love, Erik River, Lionel Richards VII, Lukas Lyndon and Cindy River. With the exception of the first, each and every one of them had introduced themselves to me. They were all such… characters. They all seemed to have some sort of history, too, and all except Lionel seemed to have something against Cindy. They all seemed to know each other pretty well, even though I had figured they had all only known each other for a week. If that really was the case, then I truly was an outcast. But still, each and every one of them was pretty different too; they each had their own interests and personalities.

But there was one thing I could almost guarantee that none of them really gave a damn about; the one thing we all had in common;

College. None of them seemed to care about studies at all. Only fancy tables, knights and shopping.

And that was the main thing that set them all apart from dedicated little me…

Ughh. I was doomed. Wasn’t I?

~ Chapter 1: End ~

Yay I'm back~!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 12:46 PM
its a good start keep it up, all the characters are interesting. oh and i love all the clothes they've got on.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 7:01 PM
Pretty good! Your cast does seem like a rather quirky assortment of characters, which is always a plus. I like it so far, keep it up!

We are the lucky ones
Your mother's daughters, your father's sons
Don't you grow old before your time
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 12:05 PM
haha. i like this story. i cant ebleive how few people have commented... but ill set that right! :D
Inventor
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 12:08 PM
P.S. i LOVE all the custom clothing
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 6:14 PM
well that was a pretty "fancy" awesome story so far keep it up!
;]]

Am Back and its Time to get BittersWeet xoxo