Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 6:37 AM
Awesome :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 1:07 PM
Yup yup, I'm back, and so is toreno-werty https://toreno-werty.tumblr.com/

Tumblr gave me the same BS they gave desiree-uk & katsujiiccfinds about Darasims.net https://murfeelee.tumblr.com/post/6...ccount-deletion

I don't trust Tumblr to not do this again, so I backed up my blog at Wordpress again, and I'm gonna just have to get used to posting my stuff twice, at Tumblr, AND at a completely different website like Wordpress; eff them.

So my stuff from 2013-2018 is here: https://murf.home.blog/
And my stuff from 2018-2021 is here: https://murfbackup2.wordpress.com/
(I can't have them on one blog cuz Wordpress' free storage limit's 3GB, and I use waaaay more than that )
Forum Resident
#28 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 7:28 PM
@murfee : I read about Post+ as I hunt for cc, one of the s2cc find blog spoke about it. Everybody seemed to be very angry at it. We need to move somewhere else soon if we want to keep our community alive. Especially your cc are awesome I have to say. I cannot supposed how post+ could be in tumblr especially a lot of posts are kinda shitblr from imgur and from tiktok now. I also don't think BLM and LGBTQ+ activits will want to pay for posting their opinions on tumblr especially these people are not liked and marginalized in our societies.
Yes I loved tumblr too for it's easiness and I miss a lot of people other there to say even though I got a blame from some secretposters on conversations for being too much problematic ahahah.

I am glad they bring back your blog I really hope to see your newest creations on cc finds.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Yup yup, I'm back, and so is toreno-werty https://toreno-werty.tumblr.com/

Tumblr gave me the same BS they gave desiree-uk & katsujiiccfinds about Darasims.net https://murfeelee.tumblr.com/post/6...ccount-deletion

I don't trust Tumblr to not do this again, so I backed up my blog at Wordpress again, and I'm gonna just have to get used to posting my stuff twice, at Tumblr, AND at a completely different website like Wordpress; eff them.

So my stuff from 2013-2018 is here: https://murf.home.blog/
And my stuff from 2018-2021 is here: https://murfbackup2.wordpress.com/
(I can't have them on one blog cuz Wordpress' free storage limit's 3GB, and I use waaaay more than that )

hmm other thing to help you I was on wordpress for 3 years before leaving it definitively (there is no activities other there that's sad whereas there are a lot of stories and simmers) for pictures, it is better for you to host them not on wordpress but on imgur or other similar sites. I hope it helps you.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
@murfee : I read about Post+. Everybody seemed to be very angry at it. We need to move somewhere else soon if we want to keep our community alive.

We really do, but it likely won't happen. Look at Patreon--we should've squashed that bug before it ever grew wings, but now you can't even browse for TS4 CC without hitting an Early Access or Patreon Exclusive paywall, even after EA's simguru spoke up about it. People are spending real money on retextures. So yeah, Post+ is going to be popular and people will subscribe and it'll be a complete mess and another win for capitalism. U_U Nexus Mods is losing their minds, too.

But I agree with you: The only way to improve & protect the community is if we move somewhere else: specifically, if we make our own sims-specific blogging website that functions like Tumblr, with that user-friendly ease of access and engagement, but is only for simmers--like how SimFileShare uses invite codes so outsiders don't take advantage of the site to upload DVDs or whatever, LOL. We have to look after ourselves, since these corporations (EA included) certainly don't have our best interest at heart--and algorithms and bots don't even have hearts. :p
Scholar
#31 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 9:34 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 15th Aug 2021 at 6:18 PM.
I mean Pillowfort already exists. Just nobody wanted to be bothered to move. I would rather not have a sims exclusive place because I'd hang out there less often than Tumblrs generalized madness, but thats just me.

edit: someday I will stop making spelling errors. just not today.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#32 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I mean Pillowfort already exists. Just nobody wanted to be bothered to move. I would rather not have a sims exclusive place because I'd hang out there less often than Tumblrs generalized madness, but thats just me.

edit: someday I will stop making spelling errors. just not today.

The issue with Pillowfort is the paywall to start an account, unless someone gives you a free invite code. It's $1 or $5 or something IDER, but for kids and the unemployed, that's a lot of money to blog when free alternatives are out there. :\
Scholar
#33 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 9:20 PM
As one of the poor people I agree 1$ or 5$, pretty sure it was 5$, can be a lot, but Pillowfort gives every person with an account access codes for others for free. Like 4 or 5 free ones a week. Thats how I got on Pillowfort and for a while I was posting them on my tumblr and twitter to give them away. Nobody seemed interested in them though. I think it has a lot less to do with not being able to get a code and more of a matter of complacency. Nobody wants to transfer what is years of post or leave them behind. No matter how bad things continue to get.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#34 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 4:45 PM
Nobody seemed interested in them though. I think it has a lot less to do with not being able to get a code and more of a matter of complacency.

DEFINITELY. There were spreadsheets & google docs circulating when the Dec17 purge happened, with people listing all of their other sites & backups, so that the community wouldn't be scattered to the winds, hoping it would help people keep track of one another when they left Tumblr. But it's so cumbersome, when the easier solution's to just stay on Tumblr and (naively) hope they don't (inevitably) screw us over (again), than try to rebuild Rome only for it to possibly fail. I myself am complacent; Tumblr's amazing. But it's effing awful, too.

Nobody wants to transfer what is years of post or leave them behind. No matter how bad things continue to get.

Amen. There's so many sites promising to be the new!Tumblr (one even named NewTumbl), and people don't want to scatter all over the internet. Especially when that means manually and tediously migrating years worth of content over to each and every platform being announced, waiting to to see what sticks. Like, where's everyone going; what are we going to unanimously pick? When I asked simblrs what alternatives they were considering, I got like a dozen different answers.

This is why I'm using Wordpress as a backup--they have a seamless Import tool that quickly imports your whole Tumblr blog--tags, images, text, etc, and even keeps the dates the same, so everything's chronologically accurate. They can import from Wix and other sites, too. I really wish Wix could import from Tumblr, though I think that they can import from Wordpress, so I'm going to try that and see what it retains or not. Because I just have way too much stuff posted to manually move everything to even one site, let alone a bunch of random experimental startups that the community might end up ignoring in favor of staying right where it is.

Wordpress and other sites are starting to mimic Tumblr's reblog/dashboard features, but Wordpress & Wix are not known for being community blogs the way Tumblr & Pillowfort & NewTumbl & Waterfall & even Mastodon are. And it's the community part that's got us stuck on Tumblr where everyone is, unless we all agree on a what the promised land is where we can safely mass exodus. Which is precisely why I keep supporting ideas for simmers to get together to build our own dang site; eff all these corporations; they're all trash.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
We really do, but it likely won't happen. Look at Patreon--we should've squashed that bug before it ever grew wings, but now you can't even browse for TS4 CC without hitting an Early Access or Patreon Exclusive paywall, even after EA's simguru spoke up about it. People are spending real money on retextures. So yeah, Post+ is going to be popular and people will subscribe and it'll be a complete mess and another win for capitalism. U_U Nexus Mods is losing their minds, too.

But I agree with you: The only way to improve & protect the community is if we move somewhere else: specifically, if we make our own sims-specific blogging website that functions like Tumblr, with that user-friendly ease of access and engagement, but is only for simmers--like how SimFileShare uses invite codes so outsiders don't take advantage of the site to upload DVDs or whatever, LOL. We have to look after ourselves, since these corporations (EA included) certainly don't have our best interest at heart--and algorithms and bots don't even have hearts. :p

@murfee: I myself searched for a better place for the sims but the alternatives I know are : either they are abandonned (as the really good Newtumbl that accepts NSFW) or they are paid (Pillowfort). Somebody in the sims 2 community spoke about Waterfall.social. I heard myself about this site I don't register even tested it. Wordpress and Bloggers has a ton of simmers , less activity than tumblr. So for now I clearly abandonned the chance to be back at social.
In alternative.to they are a lot of possibilities for tumblr , some seems to be very closed to.
I really do Post+ will be abandonned, for our community that's a nonsense to pay to follow and see pictures, or those the simlit authors other there, reading a story about gameplays. I know a lot of simmers can be tempted by making everything paid but they will loose a lot of their "friends" or followers. So less recognition, less likes, more dramas?. Even though for cc all sims 4 creators moved on Patreon.(that's indeed safer than adfly to earn extra money)
And other thing, tumblr had got so much time redeemed that I don't know where will they find the money to pay the contents? From the +18 bots? From the ex +18 partnerships they had in the past?

Yes perhaps the better alternative is to create our own tumblr like , sfs is a success why not making Simblr for good !

or we can stay on T$R or posting here at MTS.

Page 2 of 2