Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1376 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:22 AM
and of course I used Blender. Hmm. Maybe I'll just try again?

It's rare that I'm ever on here anymore, but I'm gonna try. And to make more uploads too, possibly.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1377 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 3:48 AM
You could try again, but look in Blender for something about normals. Blender might also have a help section that you could search in.

And Blender also has a full in-depth Wiki. In case you see this issue again.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro
Test Subject
#1378 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 12:07 AM
Big thanks for the tutorials! Making much less mistakes! Now if I can figure out the oddities with my creations...I think it's the darn shadow texture I keep messing up...

I don't get it...
Lab Assistant
#1379 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:50 PM
I am sorry to say, but the blender tutorial files are corrupt. Can anyone else make a thread for a simple mesh in blender?
Test Subject
#1380 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:44 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh Help
I tried the tutorial but at the beginning were it says to click on the plugin tab at the bottom of your screen, i don't have that tab just a plugin viewer
Field Researcher
#1381 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:16 PM
Kateykat, that's the one you need. If you have the latest version of SimPE the screens don't always look like they do in the tutorial. Look at the bottom of your screen and you will probably see the tabs 'Package', 'Resource', 'Wrapper', 'Plugin view' and 'Hex'.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Test Subject
#1382 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:29 PM
thank you moune
Field Researcher
#1383 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:43 PM
You're most welcome. Good luck with your endavour.

Moune's Neighbourhood
Forum Resident
#1384 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 1:26 PM
I have a quick question: How do you know which UV map (and size) you need to choose? Planar, box etc. I'm creating a round wall-shield which is attached with some 2 thick pins in the back. I don't know if that matters.
Can somebody please help me? Thank you!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#1385 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 2:52 PM
The type of map you use will depend on the shape. Box, plane, cylinder, sphere, etc, each mapping technique corresponds with the shape of your object. Look at other tutorials in this forum, there are several for different examples of uvmapping. There is one for Milkshape, Lithunwrap, Wings, and one by Numenor for UV Mapper Classic.
Forum Resident
#1386 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 3:52 PM
Thanks!
Hope I can find it.

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Test Subject
#1387 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 5:19 PM
I know it sounds stupid... but I am used to blender. Now I am trying to learn milkshape. your tutorial on how to make a radio is missing something important in the begining. it says click "Box" and then says "Make a box" doesnt say how. all I managed to do with that tutorial was move the blue screen angles. yay... not really helping...
hopefully another tutorial may actually say how to make a box. Do I need to use shortcut keys or what... is there a list?
blender always loaded with a box already there.
Test Subject
#1388 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indycent
I am sorry to say, but the blender tutorial files are corrupt. Can anyone else make a thread for a simple mesh in blender?

I just used the blender ones myself a few months ago and they worked fine.
blender is really good unless you want to animate. I suggest you join the "Blender Group" there are alot of useful links there. also a python script writer may be joining to improve blender. He could use all the feed back he can get on what needs to happen to make blenders animations work for sims2... SO Join!
Field Researcher
#1389 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 6:35 PM
To make a box left-click and drag in one of the gray screens. Cylinders, spheres and planes work the same way.

Moune's Neighbourhood
Test Subject
#1390 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gothic okami
Thanks for your reply! I'm so glad I don't have to figure this out alone.. ^^;;
Well I'm a total newb at this, so I was wondering if you could tell me which one is the object data? This is what is on my resource list.

hey, I just installed the newer versions of simpe, milkshape and plugins.
but there is no box that says UniversityreadyV2
and when I save the object data is not included.

I opted for Unimesh, Animesh etc.. because I have NL and CS as my highest ep/sp and it recomended that.

I cannot go on to the next step if there are no object files to load.
Field Researcher
#1391 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 8:21 AM
The Universityready box is not needed anymore, so don't worry about that.

When you say the object data is not included, do you mean only the OBJD file is missing or do you get a completely empty package?

Moune's Neighbourhood
Test Subject
#1392 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 8:34 PM
I mean that all the trans_root files are gone including the GMDC one.
Field Researcher
#1393 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 8:42 PM
And this happens when you clone or when you open a new object that you have previously saved?

What object are you cloning, by the way, and have you tried starting from scratch with a new clone?

Moune's Neighbourhood
Test Subject
#1394 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 10:09 PM Last edited by luvmebby : 9th Apr 2010 at 6:45 AM. Reason: continued problem
Default talking table tutorial using unimesh instead of meshtool
Quote: Originally posted by moune999
And this happens when you clone or when you open a new object that you have previously saved?

What object are you cloning, by the way, and have you tried starting from scratch with a new clone?

I thought it had something to do with the unimesh plug in but I think it was the tutorial needs some updating... object making Start to Finish

it never mentions to set defaults or to uncheck "reference original mesh"

it only says uncheck "change description"

but the unchecking the first one made the files appear on the save screen so I think it will work now. I did uncheck both. I am working on the talking table tutorial to be specific.

I have saved the file but my SimPE doesnt look anything like the windows in the tutorial.

there is no "type- group- instance- offset" window... just the resource tree to the right of the screen I highlight or click on the GMDC but nothing else loads. am I missing something? should I try and reload the saved file?
it says object is saved and loaded on a screen that says "previous, a greyed out next and start over" the tutorial says to click on the cataloge describtion but I cant there isnt a window for it.

you have to manualy make sure your in the object workshop and select from the windows menu resource list... ah ha... there it is at the bottom next to the object workshop appears a new tab, click list. now they are selectable.

all went well from there until....

further in the tutorial while in milkshape it says select groups tab then select "Box01" mine says "Box13" but it works the same.

given all the differences I am opting to write them down.. as I go.. it might be useful later if anyone wants it.

I got thru it and completed my ugly table. the most issues were in SimPE and one or two in milkshape. but I just kept fiddling until I got them working
the texturing didnt look so hot because I am using GIMP and I have had it for years and never really learned how to work most of it.

anyone know a good sims2 tutorial on Gimp? and whats next? I still want to learn about more intricate designs and animation...
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#1395 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 7:45 AM
If you need a more updated object creation tutorial with screenshots that fit the current versions I have one on my site (link in my signature). It has a short section on MilkShape, too. (Actually I should probably see if I can upload it here, too).

As for moving on to animation and other stuff, why don't you check out the other tutorials in the meshing and modding sections here. Otherwise practising and messing around in MilkShape and your graphics program is really the best way to learn how to do more intricate designs. Sometimes taking an object that you really like, and opening up the package to see how the creator made it can also teach you a lot.

Moune's Neighbourhood
Test Subject
#1396 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moune999
If you need a more updated object creation tutorial with screenshots that fit the current versions I have one on my site (link in my signature). It has a short section on MilkShape, too. (Actually I should probably see if I can upload it here, too).

As for moving on to animation and other stuff, why don't you check out the other tutorials in the meshing and modding sections here. Otherwise practising and messing around in MilkShape and your graphics program is really the best way to learn how to do more intricate designs. Sometimes taking an object that you really like, and opening up the package to see how the creator made it can also teach you a lot.

I went ahead and uploaded your tutorial too. I really want something to teach me more advanced shapes... for instance I would like to make a glass or reflective table with a goddess statue as legs.. how would I make those...
I must say I really liked blender better.. I have horible eyesite and extremly poor depth perseption. so blenders larger one screen with massive ability to zoom helped. I am wondering If it might be easier to make the sculpter in blender and then export/import it to milkshape for the rest. I could do a table by itself in blender but I thought it might be nice to add some custom table interactions with the finished product. I just want to be sumwhat knowledgeable with the basics of milkshape, UVmapping and Gimp befor moving to animation. I am sure the clothing tutorials can help me with Gimp though I am not really interested in that part of it. hair could be fun.
Lab Assistant
#1397 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 6:50 PM
help! once i get to the geometric data container, i get a warning that says I need managed directX. upon researching this i discovered that it came with win 7, which I have. what's causing this problem? it also doesn't show the options for the shadows and mesh, so I can't edit the mesh.

♪☺♥ ░▒▓~* MIKOROX *~ ▓▒░♥☺♪
Have you destroyed a paysite today?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Lab Assistant
#1399 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 5:12 AM
ok thank you! it said directX came with win7 on microsoft's site, but I guess it's not 'managed'.
I saw a bumper sticker with your signature! that totally applies to me too

♪☺♥ ░▒▓~* MIKOROX *~ ▓▒░♥☺♪
Have you destroyed a paysite today?
Test Subject
#1400 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 6:01 AM
Hi i created a tabled using SimPE and blender and when my sims put plates or anything on it the objects are floating over the table. Why would that be happening?
Page 56 of 58