Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 11:04 PM
Never judge a Book by it's Cover or a Rose by it's Thorns (CHAPTER 10 UP 4/16/09 )
Hi guys, this is my first story in the sims community forums. I overall love writing stories and i hope you like it.
And of course I was also inspired to write this story by reading the amazing ones people are writing. (i'm not gonna copy theirs, never)

This is the story of a girl named Katerina, it is kinda based on a true story of this one person but there is also some simlish fun added to it, Plenty of tears, laughs, drama and sillyness. I will change the last names and some first names for certain characters.

Introduction

There was an Exotic country called Simador, it had beaches, expensive spas palm trees and it was summer all year round.

There was a family, the Solis family. The Mother Tatiana solis, Father Max Becker Solis and their daughter Katerina Solis.

The Solis family was a happy family. Here is some insight on what kind of sims they really are.

Tatiana Solis was a Lady who loved her Daughter and Husband, she cleaned and cooked like any mother would. Tatiana had a bit of a short temper and she acts as if she is a teenager most of the time. She had Katerina with Max when she was 20 years old.

Max Solis is a very lazy man but he is still caring to his wife and daughter, he is cheap when it comes to money and usually buys whatever is a necessity. And he is also somewhat of a mommas boy.

Katerina Solis is a total tomboy and she is a bit aggressive. She liked to hang out with boys or just plainly torment them.

One day Tatiana wanted to change her Daughters' style and told her she was gonna take her to a nice clothing store with cute stuff for girls, Katerina was very uneasy about going there and changing the way she dressed.

Even there Katerina found a boy to torment.

Tatiana loved Katerinas' new skirt and shirt combo but Katerina was trying hard not to tear it up.

When they finally got home Katerina Ventilated for a while and before she was about to change back to her old clothes she heard her mom and dad arguing.

Years passed and Tatianas' marriage wasn't going too well, until finally Tatiana knew it was time to break up and move away.
Tatiana came into Katerinas' room, told her what they were gonna do and then comforted her daughter knowing that she was attached to her dad.

The next day they moved out. Katerina was about to turn a teenager very soon.

(The first chapter is coming probably later tonight or tomorrow, sorry if the pix aren't great ill make them super nice once i install photoshop)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 3:45 PM
Great start i think i would like to see where this all leads. Looking forward to the next update
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 7:50 PM
Hey looks intresting...i think your pics are just fine...lol anyways cant wait 2 see what katerina looks like as a teen :]
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 2:58 AM
Intresting I love life stories :D
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 3:42 AM
Thanks guys =] sorry i didn't get to post the first chapter yet, its pretty long lol it will be up tomorrow.
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 4:27 AM
Default Chapter 1
Chapter I

*Katerina*
It’s bad enough my parents split, now we have to go a different country to move in with my grandma. The countrys’ name is Simrus and it’s where my family from my mothers side were born in, so was I but I was a baby when I moved away from there.
I really hope it snows in there because I keep seeing it in movies but not in real life.
So here is what I know about my grandma so far, let’s see… from what my mom told me she is quiet but can control the house when it’s out of order, she is very sweet and many people call her a saint for the good things she does, huh.. Sounds like a goody goody to me.
Well, finally the plane started moving!

*Arriving at grandmas*
Well it looks like my mom really missed my grandmother hehe since she is so innocent and probably naïve maybe I could make this work.

Alrighty then.. Let’s check this place out!
Kat- “Living room hmm hmm not bad not bad”

“Uuhh whats this! … … oh god! Haha this smells like old person and jeez its dusty!” *cough cough*

“hmm bedrooms! Woa Grandmoms got a pretty big bedroom, oh boy I can’t wait to see mine! … that’s odd? This is the last room. O no you gotta be kidding me! Im sharing this tiny room with my.. Mom?!”

*Starts crying*
Tatiana- “Katerina! You ok are you hu… what’s wrong?”
Kat- “I don’t want to share a tiny bedroom with youuuuu” sob

I change back and come out of my miserable room and I see my grandmother coming close to me with her arms open

Grandma- “Oh come here you!”
Kate- “W-whats going on, what are you trying to do! I don’t know you that well Grandmother”

Grandma- “What do you mean.. Listen child, I am your elder and you have to learn to respect your elders! I know what have been going on back in Simdor with your dad. There are going to be new rules here!”

Wow.. She talked to me like that?! Ugh.. I gotta go to the back yard to relax. Hmm.. Nice stone comfy.

Tatiana- “There you are! How can you act with your granny like that! She is family and staying here for a while will be good for you! Now you go back there and apologize!”

Kat- “But mom I haven’t seen her since I was a baby and I should be all huggy kissy with her? Plus she’s a bit scary.. After … two minutes ago”
Tatiana- “oh psh stop over exaggerating and go apologize”

I guess I have no choice… hm shes fixing the bed, to be honest I kind of feel bad now about how I acted.. Well, here goes nothing.

Kat- “Grandma.. Um.. Can I talk to you”

Grandma- “Ok, I’m listening”
Kat- “.. … I’m sorry! Could you forgive me.. I was just.. It was just, well I haven’t”
Grandma- “Is it I suppose… because you haven’t seen me nearly your whole childhood? Well it’s ok, now go ahead and play”

Oh boy.. I guess life in here isn’t gonna be that sweet afterall, but hey! Im tough !

(next chapter i will post monday or this weekend depending on how fast i can finish my english essay hehe and math H.W. ugh tough professors)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 12:13 PM
Great update. Kat doesnt seem to like it much but i wouldnt either lol.
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 9:27 PM
Default Chapter 2
Chapter II

A few days later my grandma and mother decided to take me to an art museum, mom knew I loved art even through my tough exterior.

Finally the taxi arrived! Hm.. That driver looks pretty serious, maybe he had a bad day? Oh well

Kate- “Hurry grandma”

Oh well I’ll just go in through the other side. What is wrong with this driver, I’m already getting in and he’s still beeping.

As we get off from the taxi I see grandma getting curious about something.

Kat- “huh? Granny what’s so interesting about a trash can? Let’s go I wanna see the paintings hehe”

Kat- “Woa look mom”
Tatiana- “Yes hun don’t get too close or some sparks might fall on you, see how there is a protective glass around it?”
Hmm I guess that’s what they call… explosive diarrhea?

God so many stairs in this place, interesting … thing hmm nice colors, looks very old.
Tatiana- “This is an old simalian screen. They used it either for decoration or to hide behind it to change or to create a barrier. Doesn‘t that take you back in time?”

Is my mom reading that from that little print next to it or does she actually know about this thing?

A few paintings and statues later.

Grandma- “Look Katerina, isn’t this painting beautiful! It’s called the Lily pads by Myo Pia, look at that detail… look at those colors! Don’t you think this is beautiful? Don’t ya?”

Kate- “Ok enough! Grandma, mother, I can clearly read the prints that explain the art, but do you have to comment every tiny thing out loud! I wanna look at the painting in quiet and peace and read the print without someone talking! God!”

I need some fresh air, I’m outta here.

A few hours later it was time to go home

So awkward my mom standing next to me like that, man .. We haven’t spoken since I spilled everything out on her and grandma about them talking non stop. I hope the taxi comes soon.

I’m getting that guilty feeling I had before when I was mean to grandma the first time we arrived. Why do I sometimes explode in anger? Why am I so defensive and aggressive? Is it all these years growing up hanging out with only boys? When I get home I have a feeling there is going to be yelling.

Tatiana- “Katerina Smirnova! What were you thinking! How dare you talk to your grandma and I like that? Enough is enough! I’m tired of you acting like a brat. What did I do to deserve this.. God”

Oh I knew she would be angry, I don’t even know what to say, I guess she was right.. But
Kate- “Mom! You have a short temper! I bet if you were really into something you like and someone kept talking under your neck you would snap too! It’s your genes right here mom”
Tatiana- “I cant look at you anymore, and no it’s not about genes. I’m not talking to you for the rest of the day! And you better stay in your room and go to sleep at nine, and no toys either!”

After the museum, and overall since we moved in with my grandma I noticed my mom would always rush to the computer and she would be typing and laughing. All she told me was that she was talking to a friend named Alex in another Sim country.

But so far, the house was pretty regular.

Kate- “Now let’s see how I did today.. …. Eh.. Not bad but not too great, hey at least I passed”

That’s odd.. Is it me or is my bus driver the taxi driver when we went to the museum. O my god he is! Well.. At least he is happy this time.

Tatiana- “ok Kate, remember if you have a big number three and if there is a tiny tiny number two on top of it you have to… multiply the three..”
Kate- “oow man.. I suck at math, um twice?”
Tatiana- “good! And how much will that give you?”
Kate- “um.. Eight? No nine!”
Tatiana- “Yes nine, be careful”

A month later

Kate- “zoooom! Zzzzooom! Sshhh pheewww ssshhh”

Tatiana- “Katerina, Sweetheart! Come here there is someone I want you to meet”

(wow i posted this sooner than i thought lol well the third one is coming monday or this weekend i really gotta start on that essay XP)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 1:22 PM
Great update.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 6:28 PM
Haha she is Russian :DAdorable updates keep it up :D
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyle
Haha she is Russian :DAdorable updates keep it up :D

sshh lol
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 5:11 AM
oh sorry :D

Can you check out my story too>it would be greatly apriciated.
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 6:18 AM
oh sorry :D

Can you check out my story too>it would be greatly apriciated.

definitely will!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 7:09 AM
Thanks I can't wait for your updates :D
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 6:52 AM
Default Chapter 3
Chapter 3
The Unwanted one

Hm odd.. I wonder who it is .. Huh
Tatiana- “Look sweety, remember Alex? Well he came to visit! He is.. My boyfriend hehe”
Kate- “…. ….”

Tatiana- “ooh! Katerina!”

Are you kidding me? Why is that guy my moms boyfriend? She is MY mom! That can’t be! I can see he is up to no good.

Tatiana- “Katerina change and get back here!”

Ugh.. Fine.. Let’s see what that guy is up to now. Huh? My grandma likes him? And how did my mom and him change so fast?

Well I smell trouble here, I don’t care and I really don’t like this.
Look at my mom getting so worked up and trying so hard just for that... man?

Tatiana- “So tell me again how is it like where you live, what was it.. Pleasantview?”
Alex- Haha yea, I have a nice house but I want to move into an appartment building, the area is nice.

There is always something to do in Downtown, like nice clubs and fancy restaurants, I live there right now.
The Pleasantview area itself is more calm and relaxing that’s why I wanna move there.
There is a village nearby and it’s called Blue Water village, it’s a very business community, people go there to start their own businesses and it’s filled with really nice shops! And it has a nice view of the ocean.

A while later.

Tatiana- “Ok sweetheart, go to sleep me and Alex are going to hang out for a bit.”
Kate- “But why can’t I come?”
Tatiana- “haha oh c’mon I won’t be gone too long, good night” mwa

At the restaurant

This kept going on for like half a year, it’s so annoying.

I never really knew much about this guy so I decided to find out.

Kate- “So mom, you never really told me about this Alex guy, tell me more... please”

Tatiana- “Oh well Katerina, he is a great guy! He is successful working in the gaming career he almost reached the top of the job and he has very good manners and.. I think I am really falling for him”

Man, I can’t help but feel that something huge is coming and I haven’t been such a nervous mess before.

A month later

Door clicks
Finally mom’s home from her date, maybe we can finally spend some time together the two of us.

Tatiana- “MOTHER I’M ENGAGED!!”
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 7:18 AM
Oh god!

Yeah she will spent quiet some time with her daughter lol
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 8:52 AM
Oh wow that was quick and unexpected but i liked it great update.
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetsweetie85
Oh wow that was quick and unexpected but i liked it great update.

Thank you sweets ^^ yea she was desperate! she needed a man in her life for many reason single mothers need men in their lives.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xzkiskazx2
Thank you sweets ^^ yea she was desperate! she needed a man in her life for many reason single mothers need men in their lives.

Or visa versa :D
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 10:07 PM
Default Chapter 4
Chapter 4
The change and the arrival

That night

What just happened, I’m so confused.

Tatiana- “Kate.. I gotta talk to you, since I am engaged now, this means that we will have to move to Pleasantview”

Kate- “… …”
I can’t believe I’m not even kicking and screaming about this, I feel so confused and numb, like I’m a zombie.

Tatiana- “Oh honey.. I know this is going to be real tough! But I promise I will always put you first, you and Alex will get along fine. And there is another thing, I am going there first and Alex will come later and pick you up when we get everything ready for you. Honey you come first to me so I want everything to be perfect when you arrive! Yes I will be gone for maybe a year, and I will call you every day. Ow this is so tough, I love you so much, come here”

Two days later

Tatiana- “Well aren’t you gonna say goodbye to me?”

I don’t really wanna say goodbye and for some reason and I’m not upset she is leaving, I’m thinking that finally I will be treated better and nicer by my grandma instead of 24/7 yelling by my mother.

Tatiana- “Well then.. I’ll miss you sweety”

And there she went

Two years have passed

Ring Ring… .. Ring Ring…
Tatiana- “Hello? Mother?”
Grandma- “Hi Tanya how are you, how is everything going? Is the apartment ready and the things that you planned for Katerina?”
Tatiana- “Yes mother, everything is set. Is Katerina ready to leave tomorrow?”
Grandma- “Yes she is set, she grew up so much in just two years and improved a lot”
Tatiana- “Really? My Katerina? How tell me”
Grandma- “We talked a lot and I disciplined her and was very patient but fair with her, she did her chores, she is such a sweet girl now , she helped me with the community service I was doing she is a complete angel even my friends are giving us compliments about raising such a sweet obedient child.”

Tatiana- “That’s great I’ve missed her so much I hope I’ll recognize her haha”
Grandma- “Yes she grew up an awful lot, she’s already a teenager! You will finally get to celebrate her 15th birthday in the 10th of August”
Tatiana- “Yea I tried to get money ready for that too, August is going to come so soon since it’s already the middle of June. Well alright mom, it’s probably late for you guys right now with such an 8 hour difference I have to go and make breakfast anyway”
Grandma- “Alright honey good morning to you!”
Tatiana- “Good night!”

The next morning

Grandma- “Good bye Katerina, Call me! … … And she is off to a better future…”

Kate- “Here we go again…”

Well here I am, Pleasantview a very talked about town/country it’s still dark out and it’s only 6am and wow it’s freezing!

Oh there’s my mom hehe well she changed a lot, she cut her hair and she looks a bit more mature.

She is probably extremely happy to see me.
Tatiana- “I’m extremely happy to see you my sweet girl”

Kate- “Yea.. . Me too”
Man I feel so shy around her, maybe because I haven’t seen her in two years, eh it will go away.
Kate- “Hi alex!”
Alex- “Hi kiddo, high five”
Kate- “haha yea!”

He is pretty cool but I still feel awkward about sharing my mom.

Tatiana- “So sweety, if there is anything you need tell us! Are you hungry?”

Kate- “No mom thanks I am sooo tired I feel like passing out, you can give me a tour of the apartment and make me dinner tomorrow, can you show me my room?”

So far from what I can see it looks pretty good but I see everything blurry since I’m exhausted.
Kate- “What the?!”
Alex- “I’m so happy sweetheart we are a family now” mwa mwa
Tatiana- “Oh alex haha”

And christ I can’t even sleep they won’t stop woohoing! I’m gonna start making some noise too if they don’t stop! How dare he that Alex shes MY mom!

Well, good night everyone
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 10:25 PM
oh my xD I know how that feels. Whe i used to be in the boarding house the boarding parents used to woo hoo quiet a lot. xD
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 11:39 PM
that seems pretty harsh of her mom leaving her for two whole years and she said it would only be one year. Great update.
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 12:43 AM
oh my xD I know how that feels. Whe i used to be in the boarding house the boarding parents used to woo hoo quiet a lot. xD

God im scarred from actually hearing in rl hearing my mom and step dad "woo hoo" lol

Sweetie
I know it sux, sometimes things don't go as planned lol but you'll see the benefits that came from that later
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xzkiskazx2
God im scarred from actually hearing in rl hearing my mom and step dad "woo hoo" lol

I'd care less if it was in the other side of the house, but it was right next to my room and walls were carton thin. If you press your ear agianst it you'd hear every single word in the other room. SO yea.. I couldn't sleep till like 12 when they were done with their fun then I looked dead in the morning...
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 4:46 AM
Default Chapter 5
Chapter 5
Friendly faces, Beautiful places

In The morning

*Yawn!*
Kate- “Huh.. Why is it so bright outside.. … o .. my.. .. God.. .. AAAHH!! IT’S SNOW!!”

Kate- “I gotta tell my mom about this wow! ugh she probably doesn't care. Hm I didn’t notice that nice fireplace last night, wow I love fireplaces”

Tatiana- “You talking to yourself hun?”
Kate- “hehe I guess, where are you?”
Tatiana- “Kitchen, making us some breakfast”
Kate- “hmm looks nice so far”

Wow my mom must really be hungry, her cheeks look like of a chipmunks.
Alex- “So how did you sleep last night Kate?”
Kate- “Well I .. *woohooing flashback*”
Alex- “Kate you ok?”
Kate- “huh.. Oh yea um.. Hehe I slept fine”

Finally I can go outside and play with the snow
Kate- “Weeee!! Gosh it’s so fluffy and comfy ugh!”

Kate- “I can finally make a snow angel from actual snow this time, not beach sand”

Tatiana- “Katerina come here I invited the neighbors over, come meet them”
Kate- “I’ll be back snow.. Don’t cry … haha”
Tatiana- “Katerina this is Mary Gavigan, they moved into the building a year before me and Alex moved here and we became great friends with the family”
Kate- “Nice to meet you”
Mary- “You too, that is my son Isaiah behind you, he’s a bit shy, go out and play son”

Tatiana- “Shall we all sit down?”
Mary- “Oh there you are, Honey meet Katerina Smirnova, Tanya’s daughter. Katerina this is my husband Nathan.”
Tatiana- “Katerina, since it’s June and there are only few weeks before school ends for everyone here, I thought this would be a great opportunity for Mary to home school you a bit. The schools and materials here are different from where we lived.”
Mary- “Yes, Katerina I’m actually a teacher at the local school and I will teach you the materials, the classes they have, how teachers expect their students to do their work and of course I’ll tell you about the environment there and the people.”

Tatiana- “She will start tomorrow, for now have fun and get to know the neighborhood better and get ready because soon we are going to call the taxi to take a spin around here.”
Kate- “Oh really! Wow what are we gonna do! Where are we gonna go!”
Tatiana- “It’s a surprise”

Mary- “Well girls, we have to go now Nathan has to go to work soon and I have a lot of cleaning to do ugh. See you tomorrow Katerina!”

Tatiana- “Goodbye guys”
Kate- “Bye”
Tatiana- “Ok go get ready now!”

Kate- “Hm eh, whatever I look fine”

Tatiana- “Katerina the taxi is here!”

Wow this place looks pretty nice so far, I wonder where we’re going
Tatiana- “We are gonna get you some clothes!”
Kate- “Oh awesome, but I already have clothes like a couple of pairs, why need more?”
Tatiana- “Well don’t you wanna look pretty? Plus when you went upstairs I found out that they offer summer school when school is over! That means that you can go there and take some classes and catch up! Usually people who got a bit lazy and didn’t pass too many classes get summer school but don’t worry you’ll be fine! So don’t you wanna look nice?”
Kate- “eeh.. Hehe ok…”

Wow already dark, I guess we spent a lot of time shopping

Tatiana- “Alright let’s call the taxi and go to our next destination”
OK... why is she not wearing a jacket.. should.. should i say anything?

Kate- “Wow a pet store! Are we gonna get a pet?”
Tatiana- “Let’s go inside and check it out it’s a surprise”
Yea and your still not wearing a jacket..
Page 1 of 3