Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:14 PM
Default Mac or Unix tools for modding? Any at all?
Like the title says, is anyone working on Package reading tools for sims 3 packages? I have Gimp for unix. Mac users are out in the cold when it comes to modding.

jcarent
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:21 PM
Postal should work on Mac: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool....php?topic=85.0

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 1:56 PM
I'm told my Neighborhood Workshop works on mac, with some caveats. I've personally tried it on Linux and it worked decently with the latest mono. (Not so well with not the latest.)
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 9:24 PM
I only make command line tools, all of which would work on Unix, or Mac, if someone would actually give me shell on one to compile it. :P

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 10:51 PM
Do you know about Mono? The Neighborhood Workshop works through it, and there are several other tools as well. It's pretty simple to run, but you do need to know your Terminal commands.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 12:00 AM
The mac/linux folks should be porting or developing those tools that aren't already available to them, IMO... up to users of those platforms to step forward.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The mac/linux folks should be porting or developing those tools that aren't already available to them, IMO... up to users of those platforms to step forward.
You wouldn't happen to know of any places to start learning how to port applications to other platforms, would you? I'd like to learn, but I haven't the foggiest where to start looking for tutorials and such. It's been a long time since I did anything programming-related.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:01 PM
OK. Postal works on my MacBook. I have JavaSE 6. I also have Gimp working. I'm all set to start my journey into the naked innards of Sims 3. Hope I don't blow it up

jcarent

Thanks HP for the response! Now to pick some brains.