Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:55 AM - Updated 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:28 PM by Mootilda

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 460 Feedback Posts, 183 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 26
Site Helper
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 7th Jul 2010 at 6:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Adelheid 1203
Sorry, but I'm a bit disappointed in the new version: When I hold the cursor on one of the files, the original .package file name doesn't appear anymore like in the previous version. That's very important for me, because I don't want to have duplicates or files with endless numbers in my dl folder.
Is there another way to read the file name before installing?
Try hovering over the checkbox.

If hovering over the checkbox doesn't work for you, make sure that you are running version 1.6.5 or later. Could you please tell me what you're doing, ie,
- Installing a Sims2Pack.
- Browsing your downloads, saved sims, teleport or some other folder.
- Multi-installing everything in a folder.

This is a known problem with the source code that I received from Karol. I've been looking into it and made some fixes to the tooltips in 1.6.5, so that they partially work. However, if hovering over the checkbox doesn't resolve your problem, then you might want to consider reinstalling the older version until I can get the feature working well again.

Would you be happy if I just printed out the file name for the current file at the bottom of the screen, along with the description, etc? Would that be an adequate fix? How about adding a new "File Name" column to the listbox?
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 8:33 PM
I feel a bit dumb, but where exactly is the checkbox? I'm hovering everywhere, but the file name doesn't appear (version 1.6.6).
Your suggestion to add a new column to the listbox would really be an adequate solution.

Btw, I really appreciate your effort! Thank you!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#53 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 7th Jul 2010 at 10:08 PM.
There's a checkbox in front of every item in the list... hmm, I guess that I really need to understand exactly what you're doing. If you could attach a screenshot with the area marked where you are hovering the mouse, that would really help.

In the interim, I'll look into adding a new column to the listbox.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:06 PM
Oops, my problem is solved! I've hovered the mouse over the whole line of the items and not exactly over the small box.
I can live with that change.

Thank you again, especially for your quick responses! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:12 PM
thank you very much! this tool is extremely useful!
Test Subject
#56 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:04 AM
I'm all for the file name column. Even better if a feature to rename the files can be implemented right into the program. Thanks for working on this. Its really helpful when you have 7,000+ downloads to sort.
Instructor
#57 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:41 PM
Thanks so much for updating this essential program! :D

Melissa
Site Helper
Original Poster
#58 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:56 AM
Default New version available
Quote: Originally posted by thetigerking83
I'm all for the file name column. Even better if a feature to rename the files can be implemented right into the program.
Implemented both of these suggestions.

For a full list of changes, please see the release history.

The new version 1.6.7, has significant code changes, so I've left the old version up with the name Previous[...], just in case there are any problems.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:08 AM
Thanks for updating! Sims 2 is still going strong!

Necromancy is Good
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#60 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:49 PM
Thanks!

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
#61 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 11:03 PM
Got 1.6.7 downloaded, installed, and run. Checked for the nameless files (still in the "nameless" subfolder for easy finding), and they are properly named.

Found no new bugs.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:02 PM
I have a problem with your Clean Installer (v. 1.6.6 and 1.6.7) that I didn't have with the old one (v1.5.1.4).

When I recolor hair I normally make 4-5 normal colors plus a grey one for elders. Then I bin them using Theo's plugin for SimPe, so that there is one file for each normal color plus one file that only includes the elder grey.

While all standard colors show as hair colors the grey hairs are listed as clothes, but only in the new Clean Installer! I first thought I'd messed up somewhere to have my latest projects show as clothes, but then I tested files made three years ago, and they showed exactly the same result. For some reason the grey color is classified as clothes with every single recolor set I ever made, and I've made several hundred recolor sets already.

If you need one or the other set to verify you can grab some at Simscave, I have my own section there.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#63 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Jul 2010 at 7:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rissa
I have a problem with your Clean Installer (v. 1.6.6 and 1.6.7) that I didn't have with the old one (v1.5.1.4).

While all standard colors show as hair colors the grey hairs are listed as clothes, but only in the new Clean Installer!
Thanks for the problem report. I'll download some of your things and see whether I can fix the problem.

[Update:]

New version 1.6.8 now available; should resolve this problem.

For more information, please see the release history.

Just to remind people: Karol completely rewrote the recognition algorithm before I received the source code. If you find things which are not correctly recognized, please let me know, so that I can try to solve any problems.
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:23 AM
Thanks a lot, Mootilda, for your great work!
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 11:35 AM
Thanks a lot, that was quick!
I really appreciate that you spend your time improving one of the most used tools when most modders apparently have went on to the next generation of sims games.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#66 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:05 PM
I really rely on people like you to report problems, since it's almost impossible for me to do enough testing to find every bug. Thanks again for letting me know about this problem.
Sockpuppet
#67 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:05 PM
Minor problem with 1.6.8.0 :

Extract the content from a Sims2Pack in another folder created files named "something.package.package" and "somethingelse.package.package.package".

Redundant ".package" extension, don't you think ?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
Minor problem with 1.6.8.0 :

Extract the content from a Sims2Pack in another folder created files named "something.package.package" and "somethingelse.package.package.package".

Redundant ".package" extension, don't you think ?
Yes, that looks wrong. However, I don't know how to reproduce the problem. You'll have to be more clear on the exact steps that you are following. What do you mean by "extract the content from a Sims2Pack in another folder"?
Sockpuppet
#69 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:12 AM
Open a Sims2Pack
Press "Install" button
Uncheck "Default installation"
"Select installation folder" -> "Browse..." For example: "Desktop"
"Select files extension" -> "package"
Press "Install" button

I use this method because all my custom contents are classified (Bodyshop, Buy Mode, ...).
Site Helper
Original Poster
#70 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:35 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Jul 2010 at 9:45 PM.
OK, I managed to reproduce the problem using the parameters shown in the attached screenshot. Looks like a pretty simple fix, so hopefully I'll have something later today.

[Update:]

New version 1.6.9 now available; should resolve this problem.

Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#71 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:27 PM
Thanks for your help
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#72 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:25 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 19th Jul 2010 at 7:57 PM.
I am loving all the new features! For the most part it works great. Did find a couple issues though....

All clothing and glasses meshes seem to be showing up as "Unknown", as well as clothing recolours that link to Maxis textures instead of including a new texture (for example, these age conversions). These files also do not display the tooltip in the "Name" column. The same is true for hair recolours that link to Maxis textures, such as these.

I also have some clothing files with 2 Property Sets (2 ages sharing the same texture) that display as "Unknown". Not sure if that would be linked to the above issue or if it'd be a separate issue, but just in case here are some files for you to look at.

ETA: All the files I'm looking at have been compressed with The Compressorizor in case that matters.

ETA 2: These recolourable stairs are being highlighted red like a hack, although the "type" column lists them as an object. That might be a non-issue though, since they have altered BHAVs which is pretty unusual for non-hacked objects.

ETA 3: Unlocked and recategorized clothing is also showing up as "Unknown". (eg. unlocked soldiers, recategorized outerwear)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#73 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 8:52 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 20th Jul 2010 at 5:33 AM.
Thank you for all the problem reports. I'll take a look and see what I can do to resolve some of these "unknowns".

Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
ETA 2: These recolourable stairs are being highlighted red like a hack, although the "type" column lists them as an object. That might be a non-issue though, since they have altered BHAVs which is pretty unusual for non-hacked objects.
The Clean Installer marks any package as a hack if it has BHAVs with group id != 0xFFFFFFFF. I believe that these stairs really contain hacks.

Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
These files also do not display the tooltip in the "Name" column.
This is a side effect of moving from .NET 1.x to .NET 2.x. The list view automatically uses the tooltip for the full value of the column, if the column size is too small to display the entire value. Until I find a good solution for this, you'll have to hover over the checkbox to see the tooltip.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#74 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:06 PM
New version 1.6.10 now available; should resolve most of the problems reported by fanseelamb above. Also resolved a problem where Sims2Packs which contain lots, sims, or families were not correctly installed into a non-default directory.

Thank you again to everyone who has been reporting bugs.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:15 AM
It's me again

I've downloaded the newest version yesterday and browsed my bodyshop content with it. I noticed two things, I don't know if these are bugs though or if they are caused by the way the items are created.

1. Four of HP's matching mismatched eyes are listed as "Unknown" while the fifth item is correctly listed as "Glasses". They are recolors of an accessory cloned from glasses. The mesh for the item is also correctly listed as glasses.

2. Several lipstick sets I have (for example Diva Dazzle and Juiced Up by Bruno) are listed as "Makeup" in general instead of "Lipstick" while other sets by Bruno are listed correctly.
Page 3 of 26