Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:55 AM - Updated 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:28 PM by Mootilda

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 460 Feedback Posts, 183 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 26
Site Helper
Original Poster
#76 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 4:19 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Jul 2010 at 2:13 AM.
Default New version available
New version 1.6.11 now available; should resolve the problems reported above. Also resolved a problem where an exception would occur when rar contains non-ascii file names; more work done on recognition algorithm.

For more information, please see the release history.
Instructor
#77 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 8:22 AM
I keep trying to download it and it won't work.

I've been using your clean pack installer for years- so wonderfully useful!

I wouldn't have needed to re-download it but I accidentally did System Recovery on my comp and now a bunch of things need to be re-installed.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#78 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 4:24 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Jul 2010 at 4:41 PM.
Downloading works just fine for me. Can you give more information about your problem?

Where are you attempting to download from? What happens when you try to download? Are you getting an error message? If so, what is the error?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#79 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 3:37 PM
Very cool - thanks for that.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:47 AM
Thanks for the update to this program!
Instructor
#81 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 11:11 PM
Just had time to try again to download- works perfectly now. Not sure what the problem was that morning- I tried for 2 hours (no joke) to download it and the link wouln't work. Weird...

Thanks anyway for trying to help Mootilda. And a big thank-you for this program!!!!
Sockpuppet
#82 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:44 PM
Sims2Pack Clean Installer still fail to open "Ford Focus.Sims2Pack" !
I think the pack is damage but I find no report about itso I don't understand what is the problem !

http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff/ford/index.php
Site Helper
Original Poster
#83 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 4:53 PM
Thanks for the problem report. I'll look into the Ford Focus Sims2Pack to see if I can determine what's wrong.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#84 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:04 PM
Just noticed that Clean Installer doesn't seem to recognize cats and dogs. They're listed as "unknown". Not sure about other pets since I didn't have any to test.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#85 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:25 PM
Interesting. Guess that I'll have to get some dogs and cats to see whether I can get them recognized. What other pets are there?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#86 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:04 PM
Well there are birds, womrats (like hamsters), and fish. Those are different than the cats and dogs though. Cats and dogs are like Sims, while the other animals are like objects. You buy the bird/womrat cage or fish tank and then the pet is spawned when you stock the cage/tank. So essentially they have 2 elements - a buyable object (the cage) and a spawned object (the pet). Either one can be recoloured or remeshed.

Apartment Life also included a small dog pen object which I think works the same way as the birds etc.
Test Subject
#87 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 12:05 AM
I've had my Sims 2 game for about a year now. Love it to bits. Collected loads of custom content goodies made by wonderful creative people. I had no idea the Clean Installer existed until I stumbled upon a post at a different site while collecting yet more lovely goodies. Well am I glad I found this! Woo Hooo!! Thank you soo much for taking the time to make this for Sims players (and thanks to phervers too ). As one who is not very tech-savvy I marvel at what you creators make for techno-dorks like me ;-D
Instructor
#88 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:17 PM
Hi. I've been wondering if there's anyway this could be made to work on a Windows Vista User Account. You see, it needs Administrator permissions to run, and I don't want to bug my parents to type their password every time I want to install something which is in a Sims2Pack.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#89 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 8:40 PM
I'll have to look into this and see whether administrator permissions are actually required, and why.
Test Subject
#90 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 8:55 PM Last edited by ajonesforu : 19th Aug 2010 at 12:19 AM.
i'm not able to download for some reason...i'll wait i'm sure your working on it. Big hug and thanks for the update.

edit: It's working now...((sigh)) thank you
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 9:51 AM
Hello everyone, I want to start using Clean Installer but I don't know which version to use and which .NET to use either. I have Windows 7 Professional, 32-bit. Thanks!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#92 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 4:40 PM
You want to use the latest version available (1.6.11.0) with .NET version 2.0.

The latest version will always be available in this thread on the Donwload tab under the name "Sims2PackInstaller.zip". The correct .NET version is available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...dd-aab15c5e04f5
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:49 PM
how do i unzip rar files with this tool??
Sockpuppet
#94 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 27th Aug 2010 at 7:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sims3dude
7zip or IZArc, use one of these freewares to unrar.

Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
You want to use the latest version available (1.6.11.0) with .NET version 2.0.

The latest version will always be available in this thread on the Donwload tab under the name "Sims2PackInstaller.zip". The correct .NET version is available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...dd-aab15c5e04f5
In Windows 7, .NET 3.5 (including .NET 2.0 and 3.0) is already installed as a feature !

Test Subject
#95 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 8:43 PM
Thanks Mootilda for guiding me in the right direction!

Wow Kabuto, that's a great to know! How do I get to that box?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#96 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3dude
Right click on the folder which contains the rar or zip files, and select "Install All" from the context menu. There is no way at this time to decompress individual files using this tool; you can only decompress all files in a directory.
Sockpuppet
#97 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desikitty
Thanks Mootilda for guiding me in the right direction!

Wow Kabuto, that's a great to know! How do I get to that box?

Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off

By default, .NET framework is ON.

Test Subject
#98 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 2:53 AM
Since I have .NET 3.5 already on my Windows 7, I can use this instead of 2.0 with Clean Installer?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure nothing crazy happens to my computer.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#99 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:01 AM
Try it. You'll find out very quickly if it doesn't work. Let us know.
Sockpuppet
#100 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desikitty
Since I have .NET 3.5 already on my Windows 7, I can use this instead of 2.0 with Clean Installer?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure nothing crazy happens to my computer.

I said it earlier, .NET Framework 3.5 include .NET 2.0 and 3.0 that means there are 3 .NET Frameworks installed (3 in 1).

So Sims2 Clean Installer will work perfectly like mine .

I've got Windows 7 Pro x64.
Page 4 of 26