Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 9:12 AM Last edited by JNAS2006 : 22nd Sep 2011 at 9:40 AM. Reason: added photos
Default WCIF Tutorial on making sims 3 sims that produce pretty children
Sooo, I'm good at making attractive sims, but usually I flip over to the opposite gender and find that they're almost always repulsive(if I make a good female the males jaw is huge, if I make a good male the females jaw is almost non-existent Same goes for the nose, either too big for the male, or too small for the female) OR I get lucky and both genders are attractive but any children(child aged, toddlers and teens USUALLY look ok) they have have these REALLY squared jaw-line I'd just like a happy medium for all of the genders/ages

So I'm hoping someone who has regularly produced sim kids with nice jaw-lines can give me some tips and/or point me in the direction of a good tutorial

Thank in Advance,
Nikki

Examples of the children

Nice Jaw-lines

Bad Jaw-lines

Note that the chins on the last 2 are also wide while the chins on the first 2 are ok. Also the boys with the overly squared jaws produce decent daughters(though the girls with overly squared jaws produce adult sons with bad jaw-lines), while the nice jawed boys produce daughters with no jaw-line and girls with nice jaw-lines grow up to have no jaw-lines

It's all very confusing to me, which is probably part of the reason I get so frustrated and take frequent breaks from sims 3(I'm a perfectionist :/)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 9:28 AM
There's really no trick to it besides gender switching them and making sure they look all right as the opposite gender... This may mean you make a nice female sim, switch her to male and she looks hideous, so you have to adjust the male sim till he looks okay, then go fix the female, and back and forth several times till they both look nice. You also need to switch them to toddler/child for both genders to check them that way and again adjust if you want them to look good before they're fully grown, and then try the "make a child" function between the sims you intend to breed, to see what the outcome looks like. Tweak until you're happy with the results.

I don't think it's possible to make a sim that makes universally good-looking children at all ages no matter who you breed them with, but you can get good breeding couples that make nice children together this way.

BTW, I've moved your thread to Sims Discussion as it seems what you need is less a tutorial (since this kind of thing doesn't really need a full detailed tutorial) and more general tips - and WCIF is for finding custom content.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 9:33 AM
okay Thanks for the tips HP XD

I just assumed since I was looking for the tips/tutorials it would go to the WCIF area rather than regular discussions.

EDIT: Also, I'm not too worried about EVERY child looking gorgeous, since I generally hook my CAS sims up with townies and such(I don't follow ALL legacy rules, but I try to stick with that one at least) I don't expect them ALL to be perfect, it would just be nice if a good chunk of them didn't have HUGE jaws or non existent noses! lol And I know that the majority of them turn out that way because of how I create a parent/grandparent/etc. since the NPCs I marry into my families generally have nice jaw-lines/noses
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 1:50 PM Last edited by blueberrybruises : 22nd Sep 2011 at 1:53 PM. Reason: grammar and redundancy
Haha. I'm a lady and that's a lot like my jawline! Not insulted you're going for a different aesthetic though. I must've bought that eye candy moodlet somehow.
As a kid I had a pretty round face due to being overweight (thankfully not anymore). Maybe making your sim kids on the chubbier side could take some of the angularity off the jaw line? Have not done it myself in CAS but its an idea for you.
Or you could send the boys back to CAS in their teens and resculpt the faces as that's when their jaw lines tend to become more masculine-shaped. If your girl sim has a big nose, well, she'll have to wait until she's earned enough money as a YA to get a nose job. (Unless her parents are rich.)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 1:59 PM
FWIW, I like those "bad" jawlines on the kids too. They're a lot more interesting than the "good" ones you have. Just a matter of taste, but if you age the parents down to child and adjust their features before playing them, you should be able to avoid those squared-off jaws or whatever other features you don't like.
Site Helper
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:16 PM
I know that tastes differ, but FWIW all of your kids look good to me, and that first one with a bad jawline looks as though she might be stunningly beautiful when she gets older.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:39 PM
The other thing to note what you're breeding them and how your game is setup. If your game is not running AwesomeMod, every sim in the neighborhood other than the premades and things you made are all going to be "Face 1", "Vanilla Pudding". This means that within 5 generations, over 97% of your originally introduced genetics will have been obliterated, which is why everyone looks the same. If you're not using AwesomeMod, don't marry "townies" unless you want your game to devolve into vanilla pudding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 7:37 PM
BBB and HP: I honestly think my squared jawline issue has something to do with my insecurity about my own squared jaw(not excessive, but enough to bother someone who's insecure anyways)

Ghost: Actually they're all attractive adults, that's never been my issue, LOL. It's just been the extreme squaring as children, and finding a happy medium for them so they grow up to produce children that are attractive/semi-attractive

Pescado: I'm not using awesomemod, BUT I should mention that none of my "townies" can really be considered townies anymore. I'm NOT snobbish about looks in reality, BUT I do like my sims world to be semi-attractive. ALL of my townies are edited to conform to my sims tastes before I move my fully created sims into the hood. Though I do TRY to leave their noses/jaws alone cause I'm apparently REALLY bad at making good ones :P
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 2:34 AM
My granddaughter-who just turned 11-has the squarest jawline I've ever seen (comes from her paternal grandfather). Even her orthodontist said he'd never seen x-rays with such a strong jawline, but you can already tell she will be a beauty....just a headstrong stubborn-looking beauty. My point is I do every type of jawline possible-from weak to lantern-jawed and, like Pescado said, in 5 generations they all resemble each other in features. So don't sweat the small stuff and make them the way you want-it will all even out in the end.