Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8251 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 9:44 PM
Oh wow ewenk, that's great! That sounds super fucking awesome, and I'm especially liking Saguaro's final form.

Quote: Originally posted by ewenk7
They have help from a mysterious and unexpected source: legendary mystery super hero Commander Buckethead! AKA... Mandy Bucholz. And yes, she wears a bucket on her head.

Related to a certain British politician, by any chance? :v

Quote: Originally posted by linesa
And Aeshma is a cool character, Bloo :D

Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I know, all too well, the perils of setting oneself ambitious goals: I've set myself some doozies, and if I'm ever to to bring my plodding tale to its 'grand apotheosis', I'm going to have to face the fact - there's only so much you can do with TS3. So, I'm the last person to advise you. That said, I'm sure that (as before) whatever you produce will boggle all our boggle-able bits as few have been boggled before.

Man, ain't this the fuckin' truth? The post I've been working on is probably one of my most ambitious updates yet. Not quite rivalling the wedding, since there's nowhere near as many Sims on one lot, just... ambitious in a different way.

Just for shits and giggles, I feel like showing you a spoiler free screenshot that displays what I mean:

...Yeah.

(Also, just a brief note, I had hoped to get said update done and dusted for today, but that's gone out of the window. Why? Because I'm fucking sick again this time I have a chest infection ugh)

Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
But I'm disappointed in Rikard for his terrible taste in music.

BRITNEY'S BACK, BITCH
Advertisement
Spice Pony
#8252 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 10:26 PM
Oddly enough, she predated Lord Buckethead, having been alluded to as far back as volume one, but he probably would have ended up being referenced.

Also, even without context, that spawner pile screenshot is nightmarish. Good luck.

.هذا توقيعي
Mad Poster
#8253 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 12:11 AM
Ahhh! I really need to reread your old stuff, refresh my memory, because I admit I don't really recall.

And haaa yeah thanks, I'm gonna need it. :P
Spice Pony
#8254 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 9:41 PM

.هذا توقيعي
Mad Poster
#8255 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 11:25 PM
Oh wow! That sounds really awesome, I like the hell out of that.

Anyway, for pun's sake, we'll call the girl Antihe. Admittedly, that kind of makes her sound like a TERF, so she'll be Annie for short.

and lmao at this
Spice Pony
#8256 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 1:55 AM

.هذا توقيعي
Scholar
#8257 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 7:47 PM
So, is the tale of Simplicio Scumthorpe over and done? I'm not so sure about that. It has been a long time since I've worked on Sims stories, and my time is limited, but I also have an appreciation for the fun I've had in this thread in the past, and I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to these characters yet. So, the good news: I some ideas for a reboot, that I think could work fairly well. Mandatory disclaimer, since he's probably the main attraction: I am planning on reworking Simplicio's character, but it will be more about his origin story than his personality. I'm not about to make Simplicio Scumthorpe a serious character. I also have quite a few other ideas I'm very excited about. This could be a lot of fun.

However, my time is limited. I'm about to start back to school, and I'll need to adjust to the pace of the semester. I'll also need to figure out what's happening with my other sims stories. As such, while I'm optimistic about my return in full to this thread, I'm not promising anything, either. I'm definitely going to need some time to prepare things.

Whatever you decide, it's great to see you again. Seeing Simplicio return would be a lot of fun but I also get it if it doesn't happen. If you ever feel like it again, you're always welcome to participate just as a reader. I spent most of a year redoing my old posts so the story probably didn't progress that far in that time.

Anyway, I come late again bearing a past update. And boy am I going to be on the shitlist for upsetting Edward two updates in a row, across time and space...
Scholar
#8258 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 7:47 PM
Mad Poster
#8259 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 8:38 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 26th Aug 2019 at 8:49 PM.
Okay 'scuse the radio silence from me, but I wanted to make sure I actually had something to share before posting again.

Honestly ewenk, I agree with Nat. Take as much time as you can spare and want to spend on the thread, regardless of whether you read or contribute stories as well, it's still good to see you around. Sometimes life just straight up gets in the way. I found it super interesting to read your notes, and I really like the concept of A Matter of Gardening.

Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
And boy am I going to be on the shitlist for upsetting Edward two updates in a row, across time and space...

God fucking damn it Nat go and sit your ass down in the naughty corner

Edward bby <3

Anyway, as implied above, I have an update of my own at last. A couple of things I want to note about this update, however:
  • This is long. Maybe my longest update yet? I don't know. It stands at 2012 words, with 167 pictures. As such, this is again going to need to be spread over two posts. (EDIT: actually, make that three!) Hoo, boy.
  • This is also probably one of the most elaborate updates I've done. Not quite to the extent of the wedding, purely because the number of Sims involved is a lot lower. I think the Quindigo wedding involved roughly 40 Sims on one lot? So yeah.
  • There is, unfortunately, a little bit of a discrepancy in my screenshotting that was unavoidable. Without giving away any spoilers, I had trouble with knives. Sometimes they don't match up and I had to make do with what I had. Hopefully it's not too obvious, so try and ignore it.
  • Similarly, some of the scenes required on needing pose packs that outright don't exist, so again I had to make do with what was available. I'm rather worried it makes the occasional action look a bit odd, but man, I tried.
  • I'm pretty sure I linked this video before in the past, after saying Nat stated it's basically how Rikard the Destroyer sounds. Do me a favour, guys. Listen to it again. Really get that voice in your heads, and then read his dialogue in the same voice as best as possible. If I could do video editing, I would've made something special for this update, but alas I wouldn't know where to begin, so you'll have to use your imaginations. :P

Mad Poster
#8260 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 8:38 PM
Mad Poster
#8261 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 8:40 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 26th Aug 2019 at 8:53 PM.
Instructor
#8262 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 8:20 AM
Boy, that was bloody and action packed and I loved it :D

Well done, Bloo ^^

Yep, it's apparently the perfect time to go, Ana :o

The question is, is it the right time for Brie too? :o
I guess it's possible if Tate is busy...
Scholar
#8263 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 9:10 AM
@Bloodiedhell where did you get that werewolf from!? :O

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
#8264 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 9:36 AM Last edited by Elynda : 27th Aug 2019 at 11:09 PM.
You had me scared for a bit there...

Me: "WEDNESDAY! NOOOOOO...! ... oh, she's okay, phew! And hooray, Abraxas isn't... quite so okay!"

An epic post, Bloodied, and worth waiting for.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#8265 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 4:55 PM
Woah that was insane, Bloodied (hahaha it truly was bloodied - I'll see myself out) but I loved it anyway.

Poor Edward. I wanna smother him in affection.

I can't adult today, maybe tomorrow.
Mad Poster
#8266 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 9:51 PM
Thanks guys! I'm super glad you all enjoyed it. I'll be honest, I'm really proud of how it turned out. That shot with Nephilim conjuring all the knives is my new favourite (and is the one that I was showing off when I posted that spoiler free look at the mass of OMSPs and fog emitters).

At this point, poor Annalise is so terrified for her and the kids' safety that she's preparing to take off by herself and move into a temporary hiding spot until Brie can escape as well.

Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
@Bloodiedhell where did you get that werewolf from!? :O

They're decor pieces, converted from Skyrim by @murfee. I think they're the same person who did the Dragon Age: Origins conversions that I used waaayyyy back in an earlier set of posts for some of Yahzoputl's forms.

Anyway, the werewolves are here and here.

Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
You had me scared for a bit there...

Me: "WEDNESDAY! NOOOOOO...! ... oh, she's okay, phew! And hooray, Abraxas isn't... quite so okay!"

And epic post, Bloodied, and worth waiting for.

Hehehehehehe >)

But yeah, that was a cruel trick. By both Abraxas/Nephilim and me too, I'll admit. :v

Thank you, I'm super glad. <3

Quote: Originally posted by A_Visionary
Woah that was insane, Bloodied

It was really fun to do, as well! I completely lost track of time more than once just having fun shitting around with effects from the fog emitter, too. (Yeah, the magic effects weren't photoshop or magical CC - all the fireballs, the magical shield, the telekinesis effect and form change mist, those are all EA made.)

(hahaha it truly was bloodied - I'll see myself out)

hhnnngggggg mood

...okay so for all our younger readers, is it cringey if my 30 year old ass says "mood"? Tell me if it is so I can completely weaponise that
Scholar
#8267 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 4:37 AM
THIS. WAS. BRILLIANT! Hooo boy, Nephilim sure packs a punch. I'm probably forgetting something here, but is Caile just a regular human? (Physically, anyway. She's totally mental.)
Mad Poster
#8268 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 5:38 AM
Thank you!

And no, you're right, Caile is just human. And yes, absolutely batshit.

I know Miles mentioned the Graves sisters when filling Rikard and Aeshma in, but honestly, I think including them as well would've been overkill.
Instructor
#8269 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 8:31 AM
Poor Anna, that sure was quite the experience ^^

You're right Bloo, what happened probably was the push needed to flee the place...

And yeah, if Brie can't join her yet, she can always wait for her in the planned hiding spot ^^
Scholar
#8270 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 6:55 AM
Mad Poster
#8271 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 9:36 PM
You're right Bloo, what happened probably was the push needed to flee the place...

Absolutely, at this point she feels like if she stays any longer she's being an irresponsible mother. She probably already feels like that for staying so long.

Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
Why am I not surprised that literal demons are nicer people than Abraxas, though?

He's put a hell of a lot of effort into being completely and utterly horrendous, he's not about to let some literal hellspawn dethrone him now!

Anyway I've got some outtakes from that battle which I figure would entertain you guys.

Mildly, mildly NSFW for a thong. Don't worry, it's not on Abraxas.

Site Helper
#8272 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 8:41 PM
So your game thinks there is someone more two-faced than Abraxas?
(oh, wait. TATE has that title sewn up.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#8273 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 8:43 PM
I think I would've slightly preferred it if my game had done that to Abraxas lmao.
Scholar
#8274 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 8:50 PM
That was such a good post. Well done on pulling it off so well - I definitely wouldn't have done as well.

Let's hope she takes notice...
Woah that was insane, Bloodied (hahaha it truly was bloodied - I'll see myself out) but I loved it anyway.

Me too, man. I'm not hurting him because I'm an evil person or anything, just figured that given how I keep referencing his PTSD, I need to show and not tell.
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
hhnnngggggg mood

...okay so for all our younger readers, is it cringey if my 30 year old ass says "mood"? Tell me if it is so I can completely weaponise that

Definitely is Shame we don't need any more SV High scenes because I'd love a certain teacher to make this thread...
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Thanks, TS3. Just keep shaving the years off my life, why don't you.

I'm still not over Aeshma's second face. Of all the sims...
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
So your game thinks there is someone more two-faced than Abraxas?
(oh, wait. TATE has that title sewn up.)

Scholar
#8275 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 3:56 AM
Hey guys, just a heads up, if you don't already know. If any of you have images posted here, or elsewhere in MTS, that are hosted on Tinypic, now is the time to move them elsewhere if you want to keep them posted, since Tinypic is shutting down. September 16th will be the last date you will be able to access your images. The first five chapters of my story used Tinypic, but I have now uploaded them to Imgur with the rest.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 331 of 332