Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
I planned in advance and there is beds enough to sleep up to 14 sims from baby to adult. Also five full baths and three half baths which should keep there from being line ups. There is also room to expand in the basement to have areas for Mummys and Vampires if things go that way.

You are insane and I am jealous of your patience.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#127 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 7:15 AM
*whew*

Well, finally done. It took long enough and was starting to feel like it would never be done. As it was after I took the pics I realized I had forgotten any curtains in the place. Ah well. Anyhow I give you-

Killjoy Manor!

Sorry for the grid lines. A thing I noticed after I started editing the pics. Apparently taking photos in the Edit town build mode doesn't remove them.

Killjoy Manor is a total of three stories in height with an additional two levels below ground and built on a 64 x 64 lot.

There are two master bedrooms, the main which has an attached bathroom while the secondary does not.

Main Master Bedroom

Master Bath

Secondary Master

The house also has five single bedrooms suitable for any from child to adult. They are more or less outfitted like the example here.

There is also the nursery which has a large activity room and an attached children's bedroom.

There is also one room set aside near the kitchen for a butler if one is hired.

In addition to this there are three half bathrooms on the main floor and two full bathrooms on both the second and third floors.

A fully equipped kitchen sits on the ground floor and has a breakfast bar for informal meals. Fresh produce and honey are supplied by the Manor's own gardens and hives.

For more formal meal there is a dinning room though I admit it still needs something. I was holding of on the art, given Carmella seems to be rather prolific.

Any meal or entertainment will be well supplied I hope by the cellars.

Alternative entertainment can be found (in order) in the Games room, quieter pursuits in the Library or mingle during a party in the Living room.

In nicer weather there is of course always the outdoors with the patio, pool, and other pursuits. There is even an area just for the kids to play in to their hearts content.

In less than Clement weather there is a gym on the third floor that can be used for all manner of exercise. (I really have to stop reading Wooster and Jeeves stories).

Next to that of course in the Studio, which should be filling with various artworks in the near future.

Of course, there are secrets hidden under the Manor which we will say no more about....

Other notable features include a three bay garage(one car at present), laundry faculties on the main and second floors,on and the house hold staff *klik-clak*. The last was another wish Both August and Carmella both rolled up.

All told the building itself runs a total of 272,600 simoleons. Adding the current cost of all furnishings the price tag for the who place comes to a whopping 654,707 simoleons.

Bit of a picture spam but I hope you enjoyed the tour.
Instructor
Original Poster
#128 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 7:18 AM
Well with all the pictures it figures I missed one. I forgot the den which is just off the Library.

Mad Poster
#129 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 11:36 AM
Fuck me. Mine looks like dogshit in comparison. I'm gonna take Mingham's advice and just download, methinks. >_>
Site Helper
#130 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 2:04 PM
That's a perfect house for a family like that!

(Side note: If you want to remove gridlines in Edit Town Build mode, there is a button that shuts off interior gridlines. Or you can hit the terrain paint button and take a picture while it is active. ) ( I still think it would be handier to leave the grids for making sure you get the terrain paint where you want it, but at least they gave you free floors to help with that now.)

(Or is that too subtle of a hint that you should upload that house somewhere?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#131 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 3:07 PM
Oh. My. God.

I could never build a house like that!
Well, I probably could, but I don't have the patience.

It really is amazing, and you'll never have to buy anything else, either. Except from future expansions,

It's so beautiful :')

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#132 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 3:18 PM Last edited by Spiritbw : 23rd Feb 2013 at 3:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
That's a perfect house for a family like that!

(Or is that too subtle of a hint that you should upload that house somewhere?)

Thanks for the picture taking tips, I will remember them in future.

As to uploading the house, I have since uploaded it to the Sims exchange. I also uploaded the Killjoys in case anyone wants them to come and visit.

(Sadly it removed August's glasses which are custom content from here)

Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Oh. My. God.

I could never build a house like that!
Well, I probably could, but I don't have the patience.

It really is amazing, and you'll never have to buy anything else, either. Except from future expansions,

It's so beautiful :')

You guys are going to really inflate my ego at this rate.

Anyhow, I do have ideas on how I could expand on this house if need be. There is a stretch by the garage where I think I could put in stables if one was inclined and an idea on how to make a new wing which would turn the swimming pool into an indoor one in the process.

EDIT: I must confess to having a bit of an advantage in this direction. I studied Graphic design back in the day and part of that included architectural design and drafting.

Second Edit: Oh, and if someone can tell me how I could upload these to here I'd much appreciate it.
Forum Resident
#133 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 7:13 PM
A very good job as soon as I can play sometime tomorrow..
Mad Poster
#134 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 7:39 PM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 23rd Feb 2013 at 7:42 PM. Reason: Cats are awesome

As to uploading the house, I have since uploaded it to the Sims exchange. I also uploaded the Killjoys in case anyone wants them to come and visit.

Anyhow, I do have ideas on how I could expand on this house if need be. There is a stretch by the garage where I think I could put in stables if one was inclined and an idea on how to make a new wing which would turn the swimming pool into an indoor one in the process.

EDIT: I must confess to having a bit of an advantage in this direction. I studied Graphic design back in the day and part of that included architectural design and drafting.

Second Edit: Oh, and if someone can tell me how I could upload these to here I'd much appreciate it.

I'd totally download the fuck out of them, if you wouldn't mind doing a little favour? I can't use the exchange (or the EA store for that matter) because my game's on a laptop I don't have the internet on; would it be too much of a hassle to ask you for the .package files? (I don't know how common knowledge it is, since my no doubt slow ass has only just realised Sims can be shared via this method, but just in case, they're in The Sims 3\SavedSims folder)

Which reminds me, if anyone wants mine, just ask. I've been meaning to grab the files off el laptop for a while.

EDIT: I can only presume August's glasses are these?
Instructor
Original Poster
#135 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I'd totally download the fuck out of them, if you wouldn't mind doing a little favour? I can't use the exchange (or the EA store for that matter) because my game's on a laptop I don't have the internet on; would it be too much of a hassle to ask you for the .package files? (I don't know how common knowledge it is, since my no doubt slow ass has only just realised Sims can be shared via this method, but just in case, they're in The Sims 3\SavedSims folder)

Which reminds me, if anyone wants mine, just ask. I've been meaning to grab the files off el laptop for a while.

EDIT: I can only presume August's glasses are these?

Ah, she consolidated all her designs. Yes, those would be his glasses.

As to .package files, the game saved them in the export folder as .Sims3pack files. Will that work or do you need to have them converted? Also, where else could I post them up for download?
Mad Poster
#136 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 3:15 AM
Nonononono, SavedSims, not exports. Exports area always sims3pack but in SavedSims they're .package files. As for where to put them up for download, I'd recommend a sharing site like http://www.mediafire.com/ - it requires registration but I'm pretty sure it's free, and a lot of people who share stuff via MySims3Blog seem to use it. Don't worry about converting them if it's a pain in the ass (I think it's possible? I just don't know how so I wouldn't expect anyone else to fart arse around doing it just for me). My launcher's been a bit of a temperamental dickhead and doesn't always install things despite me doing nothing different, so if you can't/don't want to upload .package files, I'll download them anyway and install when my game stops throwing a wobbly :P. Which reminds me, I need to try and install Larry and Rick again. No time like the present~!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 5:05 AM Last edited by vivacia : 24th Feb 2013 at 5:22 AM.

Ohhhhh SHINY! It's miiiiiiine
I was looking for a real home for my Seymour Family and I think I just plain suck at house building
so thank you kind friend from the Seymour's

edit:
forgot to ask: any shiny cc I need to download in addition to the manor?
Instructor
Original Poster
#138 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 6:46 AM Last edited by Spiritbw : 24th Feb 2013 at 7:03 AM.
Nonononono, SavedSims, not exports. Exports area always sims3pack but in SavedSims they're .package files. As for where to put them up for download, I'd recommend a sharing site like http://www.mediafire.com/ - it requires registration but I'm pretty sure it's free, and a lot of people who share stuff via MySims3Blog seem to use it.

If there was any in the savedsims folder they vanished when I had to reinstall. All I got is the files in exports. I'll try to get them up tomorrow.

Quote: Originally posted by vivacia
Ohhhhh SHINY! It's miiiiiiine
I was looking for a real home for my Seymour Family and I think I just plain suck at house building
so thank you kind friend from the Seymour's

edit:
forgot to ask: any shiny cc I need to download in addition to the manor?

You're welcome.

I just did a clean install of my system and the only items in here that might be of note are ones in the EA store. Everything else is form various SPs and EPs.
Mad Poster
#139 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 11:06 AM
If there was any in the savedsims folder they vanished when I had to reinstall. All I got is the files in exports. I'll try to get them up tomorrow.

Ah okay, not to worry! I just assumed there was a file for the Sims in savedsims folder as soon as one's saved to your Simbin. But then again I have no Goddamn clue how this shit works.

Managed to get some of Mingham's Scumthorpes in my game and discovered that Larry had moved in with the Hoppcrafts. ...Quickly changed that.
Instructor
Original Poster
#140 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 5:19 PM
Ah okay, not to worry! I just assumed there was a file for the Sims in savedsims folder as soon as one's saved to your Simbin. But then again I have no Goddamn clue how this shit works.

Managed to get some of Mingham's Scumthorpes in my game and discovered that Larry had moved in with the Hoppcrafts. ...Quickly changed that.

Had a chance to sleep and now looking at things and I got a question:

You weren't perhaps thinking of the saved games folder were you? Just thinking that adding the saved game's files to the saves folder bypasses the need for the launcher.
Site Helper
#141 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 7:12 PM
One way to get them back as packages in Saved Sims would be to install the Sims 3 packs again. Then pull the shiny new files out of Saved Sims.

(I don't think she was thinking of the Saved Games folder.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Mad Poster
#142 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 7:54 PM
Shit, I didn't even know that. Thanks for the heads up you two XD.
Mad Poster
#143 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 8:32 PM
So I decided to check Marion's online dating messages for shits and giggles. She's not used it yet, but I was curious to see if anyone had messaged her. They had.

Guys no. Stop that.
Scholar
#144 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 9:39 PM
HAHAAA!! I've never used the online dating thing yet. That is hilarious!

(Also, lol at random times of day you're on the sims! Yes, I'm a task-bar perv.)

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#145 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 10:00 PM
LOL yeah. I quite like the online dating feature.

(Oh I know, I'm hopeless. One of my new years resolutions was to sort out my sleeping patterns. Last night I went to bed after 7am and didn't emerge until just gone 8pm. Ooops,)
Instructor
Original Poster
#146 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 12:17 AM
Okay, think I got the files all sorted out for the mediafire account. Sorry it took a day longer than I intended.

The saved game can be found here.

The Mansion export file can be found here.

The Killjoys' export file can be found here.

I note that there have been a fair number of downloads on the Sims exchange. Nice to see people are enjoying them. If I may request though people keep me up to date on just what they do on their "travels". I'd like to know and imagine there would be some interesting stories.
Mad Poster
#147 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 1:20 AM
Can't wait!

And thanks Spirit, got 'em downloaded :3 I probs won't play them (at least just yet); same with Larry and Rick, I''m gonna just let 'em hang around the town and see what they do autonomously.
Scholar
#148 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 4:24 AM
Geez, this is what happens when I stop paying attention to the thread

MEH, THAT MANSION!!! It put's every single one of my houses to shame. I would download it if my game stoped crashing every ten minutes I'm thinking it's gotten corrupted. Now it's come down to a battle between my extreme laziness and anxiety about never being able to play the sims ever again that will ultimately determine whether I go and see how to successfully uninstall and reinstall my game. MORE FACESLAP

...I like to use emoticons a lot. C:

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Site Helper
#149 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 2:18 PM
You may not need to reinstall the game. There are a lot of other things in the Crashing FAQ that might solve the problem before you start getting down to drastic measures.

Scholar
#150 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 4:06 PM
Or even, to save time on uninstalling and reinstalling just move the 'The Sims 3' folder out of the EA folder in your documents folder. It's basically the same thing, and that way you know if it's your computer hating on your game or just that your saves don't work for whatever reason.

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Page 6 of 332