Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#151 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 4:25 PM
@Ghost sdoj
I keep forgetting about the various helpful FAQs and this site I'll go look around

@gemly teddie
Wait, really? Cool! I'll try that (I'm such a sims noob)

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minimogut
@gemly teddie
Wait, really? Cool! I'll try that (I'm such a sims noob)

I think so. I only found out when researching how to get rid of error codes. Or it may have been when trying to find out how I could get patch 1.50 to work. Either way, it sounds like a much easier way of doing a complete reinstall, and I'll be doing that next time I need to!

Ahem. So... Where's this post, Mingham?
(Edit: I just noticed you posted 'I'll post it tomorrow' at 1.15am this morning, so... Does it come tonight, or tomorrow...?)

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#153 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 12:19 AM

So Albert decided to autonomously pick a fight with a small child. Much to my disappointment (and possibly to misslaheela's too :P), Zack Durwood lost.

This alien lady has been hanging around the Scumthorpes' house a fair bit as of late, so I decided fuck it. Lennard is going to have a fling with her.

OH GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. These assholes are the unluckiest Sims ever in regards to shit setting on fire! Because I forgot to put the fire out, this happened twice. And the second time, the firefighter couldn't reach the blaze and said "hopefully it burns out by itself...". THANKS DICKHEAD. I don't know what the fuck was blocking the stairs but in the end I had to teleport Albert upstairs to make him put the fire out before everything was destroyed. Then I made sure that shit wouldn't happen again.

Oh, and this happened while Marion was pregnant. Stress doesn't hurt unborn babies -- right? Oh fuck.

Amazingly for a group of Scumthorpes, the labour went pretty much normally, however the resulting baby - Oedipus Scumthorpe - was clearly as well loved by Marion as any of the main Scumthorpes are loved by Larry.

...Did she just toss that baby over her shoulder?

No particular reason for this picture other than the fact that Lennard raging while running looks silly as fuck.

Mission to acquire alien booty: still in process.

What the fuck do you think you look like. No wonder Rachael's giving you such evils!

Awww yeah.

Let's take this to the hot tub.

Aww baby, why are you wearing a tshirt? You don't need to be sh-

Wait a minute.

Wait.

Where are the boobs.

FUCK IT'S A MAN.

ABORT.

ABORT!!!

And then Lennard spent the rest of the evening avoiding cuddling with a green man while faking a smile that didn't hide his "shit I nearly got reamed by another man" expression.

After that I decided to play another household for a bit, got bored and then switched straight back to the Scumthorpes when I booted it up the next day. What's the first thing I saw?

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE LOL.
Not pictured: Nicolas somehow hidden by the baby. Despite being a toddler.

And finally...

...Rick, I might not be your Sim God, but I'm still perfectly capable of telling you that you are a fucking idiot.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 2:56 AM
A question for Mingham:

Isn't any village with Sprog in it, by definition, a village of the damned?
Mad Poster
#155 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 3:58 AM
Haha, in my defence, I'm still new to Seasons, and haven't really noticed a variation on body shapes in those outfits so far so for some reason I just assumed it was a woman. :P
Scholar
#156 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 11:15 AM
Bloodied, I totally died laughing at that
Thank you.

The whole "fuck, it's a man" thing was amazing!

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#157 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 12:13 PM
LOL glad you enjoyed :P!

I uh, I think I'm going to scrap the extraterrestrial fling idea, lest I make the same mistake again. Because with me, that's likely to happen!
Scholar
#158 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 3:09 PM
That's a great idea! I love looking at family trees, and hope you'll add to it as generations go by?

Out of interest, did you actually start with Petunia and Howard, or did you just invent them for this purpose?

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#159 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 7:29 PM
It uh, it appears that Albert has become quite the ladies' man. Whenever one of the Scumthorpes gets their mail, Albert receives numerous gifts thanks to the attraction system, in spite of being the ugliest Scumthorpe child so far (I say so far because I don't know what the babies will look like when they're older, so maybe he'll get lucky. Judging by Nicolas and Oedipus' cute toddler faces, he won't.), a furry and a weeaboo. ...The idea of a guy running around using Japanese honorifics on everything while wearing a rabbit suit complete with ears just doesn't strike me as much of a heart throb, but each to their own.

He has a longterm girlfriend, Emilie Van Gould (the Wolff family very intelligently moved the fuck out almost as soon as I started my Scumthorpe game, presumably because Sims realised it had shat on Gator enough already), and the odd EA made teenage girl has sent him things in the hopes of catching his attention, and so has one of my Sims. I moved in an evil family to just linger around in the background for my own entertainment (remember all of those online dating messages Marion got? One was from a guy called Zack, who clearly isn't Zack Durwood. Him and his family), and there are three teenage boys. Two of which are straight. One of which is an alien.

Straight alien totally wants some Japanophile furry ass.
Forum Resident
#160 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 9:11 PM
I claim Alexander. :D

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Scholar
#161 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
I claim Alexander. :D

Lol, well, it's a little late for bagsies, you've already claimed :p

It will be cool to see Overlords mixed into that family tree!

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#162 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 10:52 PM
That has just taken over as my favourite Scumthorpe picture from Lolita's face during the 'attack with claw' thing
Field Researcher
#163 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 10:56 PM
I can't get over how creepy imaginary friends are. WHY, EA, WHY? WHY did you have to take a concept of cuteness and creepify it to the max?

I fear for Carrie's future state of mind. Imagine having to live in a family where an IF is actually her best bet for human contact.
Field Researcher
#164 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith

I take it pictures like this don't help matters?

GAAAAH! NO THEY DO NOT!

Also, a coincidental but incredibly fitting little detail about Throatslasher: Look at the patch sewn onto his chest. He literally has a black heart.

GAAAAH! THAT DOES NOT HELP EITHER!!!!

*needs a drink now. Seriously*
Site Helper
#165 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 11:23 PM
I'm weird. I think Throatslasher is kind of cute.

(And yes, Imaginary friends who grow up with you -are- creepy IRL. They turn into the voices in your head. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#166 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Lol, well, it's a little late for bagsies, you've already claimed :p

It will be cool to see Overlords mixed into that family tree!

O_o i already told her on her blog that it was a bad idea.. Migods do you have any idea of the catastrophe that would result... A possible sprog and well.. would infect computer every where..

Speaking of infecting.. A friend had a virus he didn't know about. Sent me a prospectus that he wanted me to look over.. My antivirus went off when I opened the email and then so did everything else...

End result.. I had to go to my back up disks and reinstall windows.. ~Imagine my joy..~ I dare you to just imagine my joy.....

Could I borrow Sprog for a few hours. There is a certain friend that I would like to introduce him to one day.. Or at least his sim..... that is after I reinstall my Sims game.
Forum Resident
#167 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 12:39 AM
Yes that perfect little scene before she beat the snow man down.. Was a little unnerving. When any member of the Scrumthorpe family acts "normal" It is time to start putting on Kevlar body armor and haz-mat suits.. It is going to get ugly..
Forum Resident
#168 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 3:59 AM
This might be just the place for Sprog:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/explori...ith-the-sims-3/
Instructor
Original Poster
#169 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 4:37 AM
Well, thought I would put a bit of an update. Hasn't been all that much happening for the Killjoys because 1.) I was having glitches again and 2.) I was on call for work the last couple of weeks which made playing hard anyhow.

That said, we have had a few things happen. First off, Carmella announced they were expecting their first child. August took it a bit better than his other male in-laws.

I'm pregnant.

Huh?

Well, at least at first. This was his thought's just afterwards:

and then their dreams that night:

Still they carry on with thier caring ways towards each other:

WE'RE BROKE!

Mind why you'd do that to a pregant woman. Are you trying to get her to miscarry man?

Don't answer that.

Anyhow, fall has arrived in game and I found there might be one fault with Killjoy Manor. Mainly the number of trees. Bonehilda, doing what a good servant does went out to rake them.

Not helped my certain members of the household who seem to take extreme pleasure in the piles of said leaves.

Thing is, all those trees keep the skeleton working herself to the bone. So much so that the manor started to get dirty. Carmella finally complained to August about it.

So, they decided to hire more help for around the place.

Meet Kali Grant the new butler. The butler who's first words on getting on the lot was to comment on how much she wanted to get to know the master of the house better. Yeah, no potential future problems there.

Then someone went to help a certain skeleton with raking the leaves.

And raking....and raking....and more raking....you wind up with a lot of leaves on a lot and to the end Ms. Grant was getting kinda smelly and tired.

If this is the way the Killjoys work their staff no wonder they both wanted Bonehilda's cuboard. No time off, no play, works all hours without rest......

Betting offices are now taking odds on how long before there are two skeltons working the property rather than one.

Speaking of which, no one in this household, including the new butler Ms. Grant has really reacted in any way to the fact that there is a damned skeleton working on the property. I know August is in the spoofed spooks business.

But no one reacted to her. Oh, hi, skeleton huh? Well, nice to meet you. How is it being dead? Bit nipppy today isn't it?

Heck, no opne seems to react to the supernatural at all these days. We wind up with a zombie showing up:

Then proceeds to do very un-zombie things.

BOING! BOING! BOING! Wheeeeee!!!

Never knew that zombies where so fond of trampolines.

Then again maybe they are rendered immune to horro on seeing some of August's expressions.

That's him flirting.

Him screaming and complaining about something I forget now.

Oh and before I forget, someone seems to have stumbled into my world from someplace else(tm).

He had to take a replacement hat. Anyone finding the other with a faded W-I-Z-Z-A-R-D on it is directed to return it to him.
Instructor
#170 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 7:24 AM
Mingham, I absolutely love your pictures, they remind me of so many TS2 legacies I used to read and laugh my ass off at. I actually spent 4 hours looking for your pictures a few weeks ago, never found them, just happened onto this thread today and YAY!
I have one question, how did you get the boobs to look so natural on Kathryn and the others? I really like how they hang and look more gravity induced.
Mad Poster
#171 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 11:14 AM
I'd hazard a guess and say that Mingham's got another boob slider.

Also YAY, I was just thinking about your absence Spirit, glad to see you back :3.
Also raking leaves is really fucking fun.

My own presence here is going to be random at best for the next two weeks, thanks to my girlfriend visiting, so less time for me to be a sad sack sitting on the computer all day :P. But I'll say this: Albert is still a sexy beast.

Carrie Scumthorpe wishes to get to know him better.
Forum Resident
#172 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 4:08 AM
And the mutations are only going to get worse. Lester was just the beginning...

Can I just ask... is that a random adoptee? You didn't make him specially?

(Not that I mind if you did - he's amazing - I'm just slightly worried about what the random adoptees in the game might turn into...)
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 4:51 AM
I'm almost too terrified as hell to even CONSIDER asking how he's gonna look grown up.

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 4:53 AM
:falls backward flailing:

Oh holy-! And I thought Lester was creepy!
Scholar
#175 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:25 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH oh holy shit!

I'm so glad I saw that in the middle of the day, I'd never have slept if I saw it at night!
O.O

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Page 7 of 332