Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 12:18 AM
Default A small Andalusian dwelling...
Hi people!

For some time, it kept running through my head to post a house here on MTS. But I fear that it is rejected, so I firstly prefer posting pictures of one of my houses on this forum.

Also, I'm not very good at creating a garden, so, it's currently empty.

Help me improve that house please. Thank you,

Oh, and if it's possible, I can upload the house here, so that you can download it to see better how it is.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 1:32 AM
Firstly nice looking house and nice crisp pictures. But secondly no, don't upload files here or you will get into trouble with the mods.

The pictures you have shown are nice but are too far away and not quite showing what we or the upload mods need to see.
First pretend you are a sim standing across the road from your house, or a not too tall tree seeing it's 2 stories. Pull back and take a picture of the front as you would see it. Right now your outside view is taken from a helicopter coming in to land. All we want is the house not the surrounding land.
Then go straight down and pull your camera up until the whole of the top floor is showing. Again we don't want to see all that green grass we want to see the details of your house. Go down a level and take another floor plan picture. Zoom in and take a picture of your roof. Roofing is important to getting your upload accepted and I think that might need some work.

So roof, landscaping and picture taking you will need to work on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 8:53 AM
I really like what you have so far and agree with all that Jo said above.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 8:45 PM
I agreed with all the comments above, and I think this boxy looking house is fine if it was built on a tiny 1x1 lot, but here you have a much bigger lot, 3x2, there is plenty of space to add more architectural designs to the exterior of the house to make it interesting.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 3:26 AM
I would rebuild it on a much smaller lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#6 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 6:06 PM
No need to rebuild. You can use the LotAdjuster to shrink the lot if you wish.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 7:36 PM
I would keep this lot size and try to make the house not boxy looking, this is the only way to improve one's building technique. On the other hand, voiding the problem by shrinking it to a smaller lot size doesn't. Besides, a 3x2 lot size is a very practical lot, not too big, not to small, downloaders can further expand the house or add swimming pool if they want to.

From the screenshots, it showed the house has a width of 10 square wide, which means the smallest lot size you can shrink to is 2x2, there is still space to add interesting architectural designs though.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 7:57 PM
I actually disagree with you elise, i think the house has an interesting design as it is, and I don't think it is boxy. I like the terracing.

The house may be better on a slightly smaller lot, depends what you've got planned for the rest of the lot.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 9:58 PM
I'll have to disagree as well, I like the design and don't think it is boxy.I always prefer a house to be on the smallest possible lot unless there is some reason for the extra space.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 6:54 AM
Anyone can look at the screenshot and see 3 sides out of 4 sides were straight flat walls, that is pretty boxy to me. I will have to disagree with karen about the terracing. Adding some architectural designs plus some landscaping could improve the house significantly. Why would people download a house which they could build for 10 minutes?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 8:27 AM
It's not only the shape of the house that I like. I like the whole package, how it is decorated and furnished inside and out, it really captures the style that the OP has gone for.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 10:57 AM
Unique architectural design would impress people more because it is more difficult to achieve. Since the land is already there, why not utilize it? The current furnishing is adequate, I have no opinion on it. The exterior structure needs some variation and some landscaping. Of course, there will be people just like the house as is regardless, my boyfriend is one of them. He loves houses with no garden whatsoever, just green lawn.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#13 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 1:08 PM
Lots of houses are boxy in real life - it is making them look right in the sims game that makes boxy difficult. What I suggest is that you make the two topmost roofs the same height - it looks like you have CFEd the wall over the big show window to give the roof a bit more clearance - I would advise doing that all the way round.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 2:10 PM Last edited by Quantum_Reality : 30th Sep 2013 at 3:06 PM.
Thanks all for your pieces of advice. I'll try to make my house look a little less boxy, by extending it to the unused part of the terrain. And, yes, leefish, I used CFE for the roof, I thought it would look nice: then, will repair it too. ^_^

I will also try to lay out the garden a little bit and will come back here with new screenshots.

You've all been very helpful!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#15 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 2:53 PM
You are welcome. I think it is a sweet little house and if you can get the lot landscaped, then the lot size is not so bad at all - you could put a small pool on that lot which I think would look good with that architectural style, or go all out with a luscious Alhambra style garden.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old - will reopen if requested