Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

553 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 450 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 23
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#301 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by h0rlly
Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate this.

One of the items is: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...tum/id/1451589/

I have tried only selecting the male checkbox, and unchecking the female.

Also I have tried doing that as well as changing the gender appropriate drop down to male.

I have also tried unchecking disable for opposite gender & frame.

Thank you again!

This is happening because the body subtype is set to an unknown value in this CC, and CAS Tools isn't resetting it correctly. I'll fix it in the next version but in the meantime you can just set the body subtype to 'None' and it should save correctly.
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#302 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This is happening because the body subtype is set to an unknown value in this CC, and CAS Tools isn't resetting it correctly. I'll fix it in the next version but in the meantime you can just set the body subtype to 'None' and it should save correctly.

Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#303 Old 23rd May 2020 at 7:22 PM
Would there be any way to batch change CAS parts properties? If not, would you have any advice for someone trying to change hundreds of items' flags? Thank you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#304 Old 23rd May 2020 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k42um
Would there be any way to batch change CAS parts properties? If not, would you have any advice for someone trying to change hundreds of items' flags? Thank you!

Well, in the General Properties tab any flags and tags added, changed, or removed will be applied to all swatches in the package. This applies only to the flags/tags that typically apply to all swatches of an item, though. CAS Tools is not set up to do batch processing of multiple packages or to handle packages that include more than one CAS item (with multiple swatches) or having more than one set of meshes.

Sims 4 Studio does batch processing but of course I don't know if it does the specific thing you're looking for.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#305 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 10:50 AM
It's working with "Eco Living"?
Test Subject
#306 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 7:25 PM
Hey there! Thank you for the application. Is it possible for you to make this software run on mac? It would be so cool.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#307 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mladen95
Hey there! Thank you for the application. Is it possible for you to make this software run on mac? It would be so cool.

I don't have a Mac to do it on. There are emulators you can use to run Windows applications on a Mac.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#308 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 5:40 PM
Silly question, what is Order in CAS for, is that display order?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#309 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Adamoadam
Silly question, what is Order in CAS for, is that display order?

Yes, it's the sort order in CAS.

Lab Assistant
#310 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 10:35 AM
When is the Eco Lifestyle update coming out?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#311 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 8:02 PM
Version 3.3 uploaded. This should fix problems caused by the Eco and Knitting patches.

Test Subject
#312 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 10:23 AM
I have The Sims 4 Legacy Edition installed.
And my new creations don't appear in the game.((((
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#313 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NataliS
I have The Sims 4 Legacy Edition installed.
And my new creations don't appear in the game.((((

Your creations don't show up because your game isn't up to date and the latest version of CAS Tools creates packages compatible with the latest version of the CASP. Just use a previous version of CAS Tools. You can use s4pe to change the version of the CASPs in any packages you've already made back to 0x2A.

Test Subject
#314 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 5:02 PM Last edited by NataliS : 28th Jul 2020 at 5:14 PM.
Your creations don't show up because your game isn't up to date and the latest version of CAS Tools creates packages compatible with the latest version of the CASP. Just use a previous version of CAS Tools. You can use s4pe to change the version of the CASPs in any packages you've already made back to 0x2A.

CmarNYC, thank you so much!
The S4CASTools_3_2_0_0 version does not work for me (does not clone). And the project created in the new version of S4CASTools does not open in older versions. I will try to use s4pe.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#315 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 6:43 PM
CmarNYC, thank you so much!
The S4CASTools_3_2_0_0 version does not work for me (does not clone). And the project created in the new version of S4CASTools does not open in older versions. I will try to use s4pe.

Cloning didn't change since v3.2. What happens when you try to clone and what error are you getting?

Test Subject
#316 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 8:01 PM
Cloning didn't change since v3.2. What happens when you try to clone and what error are you getting?

I changed the CASP version to 0x0000002A in the s4pe. But the earrings did not appear in the game.
Error when cloning. I copied the error text, but it's in Russian.

ERROR TEXT

The same error occurred when trying to clone in version 2_9_0_0.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#317 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 9:09 PM
I changed the CASP version to 0x0000002A in the s4pe. But the earrings did not appear in the game.
Error when cloning. I copied the error text, but it's in Russian.

ERROR TEXT

The same error occurred when trying to clone in version 2_9_0_0.

That error looks like cloning in V3.2.1 doesn't work any more because it can't read the new CASP format. But if your game is using the new CASP format it's patched up to date and anything made with V3.3 should work. Are the paths in CAS Tools setup set to your full game or the legacy edition? If you're cloning from the full game and then trying to use the clones in the legacy edition that would explain your problems.

Please upload the package you changed in s4pe and I'll take a look.

Test Subject
#318 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 11:34 AM
That error looks like cloning in V3.2.1 doesn't work any more because it can't read the new CASP format. But if your game is using the new CASP format it's patched up to date and anything made with V3.3 should work. Are the paths in CAS Tools setup set to your full game or the legacy edition? If you're cloning from the full game and then trying to use the clones in the legacy edition that would explain your problems.

Please upload the package you changed in s4pe and I'll take a look.

CmarNYC, thanks for the idea!
I always clone from the base game and it works.
And I understand the problem is not in CAS Tools, but in my version of the game.
I always run the Legacy edition. Today I tried to run the base game !!! Incredibly, the base game started.
And finally I saw my new creation!!!
Thanks for your patience and help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#319 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 4:51 PM
CmarNYC, thanks for the idea!
I always clone from the base game and it works.
And I understand the problem is not in CAS Tools, but in my version of the game.
I always run the Legacy edition. Today I tried to run the base game !!! Incredibly, the base game started.
And finally I saw my new creation!!!
Thanks for your patience and help!

Good, I'm glad it's working! Also I just realized using s4pe won't work until it's updated for the new CASP format.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#320 Old 30th Jul 2020 at 11:32 PM
Hello there, I'm trying to change a bunch of packages with CAS Tools, however, after I open->edit->save a number of them, eventually I get an "out of memory" error when opening the next package. Would you know of any workaround for this problem? Thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#321 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k42um
Hello there, I'm trying to change a bunch of packages with CAS Tools, however, after I open->edit->save a number of them, eventually I get an "out of memory" error when opening the next package. Would you know of any workaround for this problem? Thanks!

Nothing except to close CAS Tools and restart it periodically, sorry.

Field Researcher
#322 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 7:48 PM
Hello! I noticed in CAS Tools it does not have the "Created In Game" tag available, so we can't lock or unlock items when creating/overriding for knitting, mods, or any future additions from EA. Can this be added? Also the Gameplay Locked Description so we can optionally add the locked description key when people hover over the locked item. Thank you!

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#323 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Hello! I noticed in CAS Tools it does not have the "Created In Game" tag available, so we can't lock or unlock items when creating/overriding for knitting, mods, or any future additions from EA. Can this be added? Also the Gameplay Locked Description so we can optionally add the locked description key when people hover over the locked item. Thank you!

Hi! Those are both there in V3.3, but I didn't know the official names when I figured out the new format and named them descriptively. In the General CAS Part Properties tab, if you scroll down in the tags list, you'll see "Must be Knitted", and under the composition method there's "Knitting Label" which lets you pick the description. For the sake of compatibility I can change them - "Create in Game" is pretty understandable. I'll have to think of something I like better than "Gameplay Locked Description" though.

I also want to add an option for Legacy-compatible so I'll do a new version soon.

Field Researcher
#324 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 5:56 PM
Hi! Those are both there in V3.3, but I didn't know the official names when I figured out the new format and named them descriptively. In the General CAS Part Properties tab, if you scroll down in the tags list, you'll see "Must be Knitted", and under the composition method there's "Knitting Label" which lets you pick the description. For the sake of compatibility I can change them - "Create in Game" is pretty understandable. I'll have to think of something I like better than "Gameplay Locked Description" though.

I also want to add an option for Legacy-compatible so I'll do a new version soon.

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply, but I checked and I'm not seeing either of those. I even tried re-installing, making sure to delete everything, and there's nothing there in either area. I'm not sure why those aren't showing for me.
For the description, it could just be "Locked Level Key" or "Locked Description"? Maybe "Popup Description?"

Screenshots

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#325 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Hi! Thanks for the quick reply, but I checked and I'm not seeing either of those. I even tried re-installing, making sure to delete everything, and there's nothing there in either area. I'm not sure why those aren't showing for me.
For the description, it could just be "Locked Level Key" or "Locked Description"? Maybe "Popup Description?"

I'm an idiot is why. I added those features after uploading the latest version, got distracted by other projects, and forgot. Sorry to waste your time!

I'm finishing up Legacy compatibility and testing and will upload a new version in the next day or two.

Page 13 of 23