Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Northeney

by Norn Posted 27th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2023 at 4:02 PM by Norn : Updated RH links (again)

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#126 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 7:11 AM
@AGuyCalledPi What error did you encounter? It actually should install like any other world, you can also unpack it and install as .world file. The savegame is quite old now so it's probably at the very end of your saved games list in the main menu. As explained on the download page the savegame doesn't have a thumbnail as it wasn't saved with an active household. So scroll to the very right and look for savegames without a picture. It should give you a descriptive text though and if you hover with your mouse it will say "Northeney".
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#127 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 7:28 PM
See, the thing is, there is no error and there is no savegame. I've tried everything. The Launcher won't even acknowledge the .sims3pack and the savegame doesn't show up in the main menu no matter what. I think I've found a workaround though: I can extract the .world file from the .sims3pack and install it in The Sims 3/GameData/NonPackaged/Worlds alongside Sunset Valley.world. To load up the save, I can simply trick the game. I load up the game, then I tab out. Then I go to my Saves folder and overwrite one of my own saves from another world with the data from your Northerney save. When I tab back into the game and load my save, the game will actually load into Northerney instead. The only downside is that I have to do this everytime I run the game.

As for the world itself, it's slow but pretty. I don't know why my game has so much trouble loading the lots in but it has, so I don't think I'll be able to play in it much but I'll definitely be taking screenshots here.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 5:23 PM
It is such a beautyfull world. Thank you very much. I spend generations there with my family. Also nice villagers. I like that it has no streets.
Test Subject
#129 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 7:14 PM
I'm trying to play this amazing looking world in 2020 and it keeps crashing, always after like 5-10 minutes of gameplay Only CC installed are the required rugs and Nraas basic stuff
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#130 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 8:44 AM
@Ezuu Sorry to hear you are having issues with this world. Did you make a fresh folder for it? Does it happen only in Northeney? Are you using the savegame or just the world?
Test Subject
#131 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
@Ezuu Sorry to hear you are having issues with this world. Did you make a fresh folder for it? Does it happen only in Northeney? Are you using the savegame or just the world?

Thanks for the quick response! Yep, everything is fresh because I installed the game again this week and on a new computer. So far i've been playing a bit in an old Isla Paradiso save and a new one in Sunset Valley 2020 (custom world) and no crashes there, I had a single crash in a new Cronor save that I started but it was after many hours of gameplay. And yes, i'm using the save file.
Maybe it's related, but after this new install I had an issue with the game where it used to also crash after a few minutes of taking control of my sims but I solved it by running the game on windowed mode like many recommended on various forums and reddit. With Northeney it crashes even like that and I don't get any errors, the game freezes for a second and then I'm looking at my desktop.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#132 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 6:49 PM
I'll send you a pm to not bloat this comment section!
Test Subject
#133 Old 24th May 2020 at 10:29 AM
This world is ABSOLUTELY amazing !! It has everything in it: from Cozy Homes to Diving Spots and even a Base Camp for travelers. I love this world alot.

I have a question. Does this world use the baking shop released by EA? I have a lot called "community lot" and i think it was suppose to be a bakery (which i dont have). Also what is the use of the Movie Palace? Was it suppose to be a Theatre or a Movie Studio? Because the rug used seems to be a default lot. :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#134 Old 24th May 2020 at 10:54 AM
Hi @JustJohn, there are so many versions of the rugs that if you didn't install the ones I linked to, it might have reversed to a regular rug. Please simply replace it with your rug version then - yes, it's supposed to be a movie theatre! No store items were used in the world though I left space for those who want to add them to their savegames in some spots. So no, the bakery shop items were not used. I'm not sure which lot you are referring to, maybe the Café Crema? This lot uses the Java Hut lot type that came with Uni, also the barista bar for your hot beverages.
Test Subject
#135 Old 24th May 2020 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
So no, the bakery shop items were not used. I'm not sure which lot you are referring to, maybe the Café Crema? This lot uses the Java Hut lot type that came with Uni, also the barista bar for your hot beverages.

Yeah I think it was like that. It seems like it did not recognize that it was a cafe and it just became a normal lot.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#136 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 12:54 PM
This is so beautiful, wow! Thanks a lot for your work, you gave my Sims a new cosy hometown!
Test Subject
#137 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 3:18 AM
Originally Posted by Norn
@jdewdrop Sorry to hear you are having trouble with Kenan's career! Not sure what might cause this though, I never had any of these issues. Do you have any mods that interfere with the business career/skills or maybe skill building? Or maybe make him quit his job and then reassign with the help of NRAAS mods? Maybe he is stuck in an opportunity? I'm sorry, I can only guess here.

First, let me say I love this world! But I have the same issue with Kenan. I've found however that it is not with him. I placed a different sim in the same career ( Journalism ) and had the same issue with them....there seems to be a problem with the lot itself. In edit town when I was going to check it out & maybe edit to find the problem, it said there was something on the lot that didn't go with the lot's designated purpose. I couldn't figure out what was the problem tho. I still play the town and for now, avoid the career but would welcome a fix...if you figure it out, please let me know. Again thanks for this world! It's one of my fave cc worlds and I have tried many! I have made Kenan quit his job...he then is not glitched. Same with my sim. But then when either of them rejoins that career they become glitched again. I placed them in a different career and they were fine. I've played this career in other worlds with no problem...I tryed to bulldoze the career lot and placed my own simpl building on it with the rabbithole rug only in it, but still had the same issue. I'm stuck. Can't figure out what about this lot is glitched, but maybe you can. Please let me know. I love this town and would like to play Kenan and his family. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 5:04 AM
This is my most played world. I absolutely love it! Norn, you are my fav world creator out there, without a doubt! I'm very sad though because I had to get a new computer and I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out to get the world off my old computer and put it on my new one. I even put my old hard drive in my new pc thinking I could transfer it over but I wouldn't know where to start. I had added so much like a shabby chic beach house, a fisherman's cabin on the tiny island, a hunter's (werewolf!) cabin, some witch huts, and had many families. :( I thought about trying to upload it to the exchange, downloading it and then removing it but I can't because I have so much cc added. I downloaded it again from here anyway. It's too beautiful to not ever go again. Maybe I will just use it as a vacation spot until I get the desire to start over there.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#139 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 7:19 AM
@moviestuf7 Thank you for your thorough testing, and sorry you also run into that issue. Did you try the career in a new save (not the one I provided)? It would be great if you could try that.
That message you received when editing the lot is a standard message you always get if you edit a lot with a rabbithole on it (with a few exceptions I think), but that is nothing to worry about.

@jokersmuse Send me a pm and I'll try to walk you through how to save your Northeney game to your new computer.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 7:18 PM Last edited by Hey, It's Shay! : 13th Aug 2020 at 1:31 AM.
Thank you for the effort you put into this I'm having a lot of fun. I do have one question though: My main sim got the "book vendor" (Frederick) sim to move in with them and since then no one is running the book stall. How do I set a new sim in this role?

EDIT: I installed nraas "Register" and it basically took care of it for me and assigned missing merchants to the book stall and two other places. Maybe one day I'll learn how to micromanage the mod but for now I'm happy, haha. Thank you again for the world.
Test Subject
#141 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 7:15 PM
Hi,

I have a slight problem.

I installed the world and it shows up alright but the save doesn't. It's copied into the right place but doesn't show in game. Can you help me with this?

(If it helps I have all extensions and updated to 1.67)

Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#142 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 7:44 AM
@Anaria The save doesn't have a thumbnail as I didn't save while being in a household, so it has an empty picture in the list. It also is a few years old by now, so you will probably have to scroll to the very right in your saves window. Let me know if that helped!
Test Subject
#143 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 8:18 PM
[QUOTE=Norn]@moviestuf7 Thank you for your thorough testing, and sorry you also run into that issue. Did you try the career in a new save (not the one I provided)? It would be great if you could try that.
That message you received when editing the lot is a standard message you always get if you edit a lot with a rabbithole on it (with a few exceptions I think), but that is nothing to worry about.

@Norn, I played my sim in an empty version of the town { without your save } and my sim was able to work the job just fine....she wasn't glitched. Only thing is I love playing with the sims you've placed in the town lol! For the moment I've changed Kenan's LTW to being a professional writer and had him quit his job...that way Nrass story progression places him in writer career and he's not glitched. This is a temporary fix tho...I can't figure out what's causing the problem, hopefully you can. Sorry it took so long getting back. I had surgery on my arm and was temporarily out of commision lol. Thank you again for this town and it's sims...it's one of my favorite cc towns!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 5:02 PM
Love it:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 7:35 AM
This is a fantastic little map! I just revisited the game and I love this beautifily small crafted world! It's full of details and fits the theme I was really looking for my neighborhood! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 10:36 PM
Oh my! YOU NEED TO WORK FOR EA GAMES and Other games designer! Thanks for this work!)))
Theorist
THANKS POST
#147 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 10:16 AM
I finally tried your world and found no issues except those I mentioned you in discord. Even this town is roadless, your idea with rabbit holes reserved places was great and it was works! Although band career was badly promoted in your town so I need to leave it.
Sadly there is no diner in this village. I like diners much then bistro cause they work round the clock.
And 6/7 days per week it's overcast. It's raining, then hail then raining again.
Anyways. I reached already that level when all your native sims are dead and replaced by in game generated sims. And probably I'll play it once more again. I don't know. This village is beautiful! Thank you for create and share this
Regards Vic ^_^
Test Subject
#148 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 11:56 PM
This is such a beautiful world!!

I'm wondering how many ITF objects this world is using. I don't have the best rig, and I'd like to leave ITF out of my game for better performance. If the town only has the elevator from ITF, I can replace it with one from LN. Thank you in advance.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#149 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 7:31 AM
@ladysparrow20 It should be fine to run the world without ITF. There will be some wallpapers missing and some objects. I don't think I used the elevator. It's been a while now, I don't remember every detail, sorry. They would very likely be used on community lots rather than residential lots so you might want to check those for weird stuff.
Test Subject
#150 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 10:33 AM
@Norn Will do. I'll go through the community lots and see if there are any ITF objects. If so, I'll replace them. Thank you for the quick response. I cannot wait to get to play in Northeney!
Page 6 of 7