Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Custom Career: Show Business

by Lily__XD Posted 18th Mar 2010 at 2:25 AM - Updated 8th May 2012 at 9:38 PM by Lily__XD

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th May 2010 at 7:56 PM
Then I would like the english strings to work with it
or I could also translate that text in dutch
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 7th May 2010 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MARUECCOS
Then I would like the english strings to work with it
or I could also translate that text in dutch

Sorry yeh just realised my mistake. It would actually be better if you translated to dutch, then other people with the dutch game could use the same package instead of having multiple packages with different languages linked to different regions if you get what I mean? Hopefully get this sorted soon.

Thanks for your patience.
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th May 2010 at 9:36 PM Last edited by MARUECCOS : 7th May 2010 at 11:20 PM.
okay, I'll translate it
thank you for your help

edit:
this is the translation
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TranslationDutch.rar (12.5 KB, 14 downloads)
Description: dutch translation
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th May 2010 at 6:59 AM
What do I need traits or actions do I need for The Show Business to work?? Thank you!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 11th May 2010 at 6:21 PM
I don't really understand what your asking. The career doesn't really have any specific traits you need to join it, though the athletic and charismatic traits would help you to gain the neccessary skills faster. Hope this was what you were looking for.
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th May 2010 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lily__XD
I don't really understand what your asking. The career doesn't really have any specific traits you need to join it, though the athletic and charismatic traits would help you to gain the neccessary skills faster. Hope this was what you were looking for.

Hey Lily__XD,
Thank you very much for getting back to me... I was just curious to see if there were any specific traits, to it. Thank you again! =) I have another question I installed with The Sims Monkey installer but the career Show Business does not show up!! Please !!!!

Cheers!

HB8301
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 12th May 2010 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hb8301
Hey Lily__XD,
I have another question I installed with The Sims Monkey installer but the career Show Business does not show up!! Please !!!!

Cheers!

What game(s) do you have installed? I'm pretty sure the Helper Monkey doesn't work with World Adventures or High End Loft Stuff. If you have either of these then you'll need to manually place it into the mods folder: I have WA and I put the packages in Programs Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 World Adventures > Mods > Packages. If you have High End Loft Stuff there are instuctions on the first page of the thread. other than that, just make sure you have all the framework installed properly and also make sure you have Twallans career mod in particular installed properly

Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 12th May 2010 at 5:58 PM
@ MARUECCOS
Dutch Strings added today. Let me know if they work

@ Aliera
Just incase you didn't get my message there's a couple more translations I need. I PM-ed you so just check it out

Thanks
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th May 2010 at 10:36 PM
great, I'll try it right now :D
Test Subject
#60 Old 12th May 2010 at 11:57 PM
What game(s) do you have installed? I'm pretty sure the Helper Monkey doesn't work with World Adventures or High End Loft Stuff. If you have either of these then you'll need to manually place it into the mods folder: I have WA and I put the packages in Programs Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 World Adventures > Mods > Packages. If you have High End Loft Stuff there are instuctions on the first page of the thread. other than that, just make sure you have all the framework installed properly and also make sure you have Twallans career mod in particular installed properly

Thanks

Lily,
Thanks again hun for getting back to me, you are ... To answer your question I do have all 3 games and do use Helper Monkey for all 3, and it works and I also manually put the Mods into the > Mods > Packages folder. Is there something I might be missing?? I will check the thread too. What program do you use to install mods?? Where do I get Twallans career mod?? I got Naras career mod. Are there more than one??

Thanks again!

HB8301
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 13th May 2010 at 6:11 PM
Lily,
Thanks again hun for getting back to me, you are ... To answer your question I do have all 3 games and do use Helper Monkey for all 3, and it works and I also manually put the Mods into the > Mods > Packages folder. Is there something I might be missing?? I will check the thread too. What program do you use to install mods?? Where do I get Twallans career mod?? I got Naras career mod. Are there more than one??

Thanks again!

Dang, doesn't sound like you missed anything. I don't really use a program for installing mods anymore just manual. Yup, that sounds like the right career mod Twallan is NRaas Industries. Are the other careers from that mod (eg the mobster career ) showing up? Do you have anyother custom careers besides the ones included in the mod installed (gamer,law,education)? and do they show? If you don't I'd recomend downloading one of them and seeing if it shows up then we can see where the problems coming from.

Thanks
Test Subject
#62 Old 13th May 2010 at 7:46 PM
Dang, doesn't sound like you missed anything. I don't really use a program for installing mods anymore just manual. Yup, that sounds like the right career mod Twallan is NRaas Industries. Are the other careers from that mod (eg the mobster career ) showing up? Do you have anyother custom careers besides the ones included in the mod installed (gamer,law,education)? and do they show? If you don't I'd recomend downloading one of them and seeing if it shows up then we can see where the problems coming from.

Thanks

Hey Lily,
Ok I thought that NRaas was the only one, which is why I asked =). I get the Mob Boss career, Law career does show up but not gamer or school career, which is weird. I double checked Monkey and it says the framework is installed correctly, and found the other games directories. Should I uninstall monkey and do it manually like you??

Thanks Lily!

HB8301
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 13th May 2010 at 8:32 PM
Hey Lily,
Ok I thought that NRaas was the only one, which is why I asked =). I get the Mob Boss career, Law career does show up but not gamer or school career, which is weird. I double checked Monkey and it says the framework is installed correctly, and found the other games directories. Should I uninstall monkey and do it manually like you??

Thanks Lily!

It's okay I think I've figured it out. On closer inspection I found out that the helper monkey works with expansion packs for only certain types of packages. By the sounds of it custom careers aren't included. You don't really need to uninstall the helper monkey 'cos it'll still work with objects ect. Just find the package(s), in this case "LilyXD_ShowBizCareer", in your mods folderComputer > Programs Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > Mods > Packages. And cut and paste the to your Mods > Packages folder in the Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff folder (if you don't have one just make one). Hopefully that should work.

Thanks
Test Subject
#64 Old 14th May 2010 at 5:11 AM
It's okay I think I've figured it out. On closer inspection I found out that the helper monkey works with expansion packs for only certain types of packages. By the sounds of it custom careers aren't included. You don't really need to uninstall the helper monkey 'cos it'll still work with objects ect. Just find the package(s), in this case "LilyXD_ShowBizCareer", in your mods folderComputer > Programs Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > Mods > Packages. And cut and paste the to your Mods > Packages folder in the Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff folder (if you don't have one just make one). Hopefully that should work.

Thanks

Lily,
I tried what you suggested it does not work! *head banging on desk* what am I doing wrong?? I really want to play the mod you created but it will not work. You rock for helping

HB8301
Test Subject
#65 Old 14th May 2010 at 5:54 PM
this is great! thanks for uploading! very fun!

btw would it be possible to make a modeling career? I know there was one for sims 2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th May 2010 at 7:31 PM
@ hb8301
If I had a desk I'd be banging my head too... Aaargh, this is going to bug me until we figure it out but I really can't think of anything else. I'll PM you if I think of anything. So sorry

@ bittermen
Try checking over at the sims resource. When I was making this career I got loads of help there and there was another guy/gal talking about a modelling career they were making. I don't know if they publisiced it. I might make one later but have had some other requests recently which I'll be starting on soon.

Thanks
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th May 2010 at 7:36 PM
@ hb8301
If I had a desk I'd be banging my head too... Aaargh, this is going to bug me until we figure it out but I really can't think of anything else. I'll PM you if I think of anything. So sorry

@ bittermen
Try checking over at the sims resource. When I was making this career I got loads of help there and there was another guy/gal talking about a modelling career they were making. I don't know if they publisiced it. I might make one later but have had some other requests recently which I'll be starting on soon.

Thanks

Thanks Lily!!

HB8301
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th May 2010 at 6:34 PM
thanks a lot! :D
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 20th May 2010 at 12:15 PM Last edited by Aliera : 20th May 2010 at 7:42 PM.
Hello.
I missed your message.
Sorry!
I forgot to look in there :p
I just translated the strings you send to me.
If there is something else needed, please tell me.

Hugs
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Show bizz.rar (18.7 KB, 16 downloads)
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st May 2010 at 7:00 AM
This is sweet! Anyway you can update it so that the English is correct though?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 21st May 2010 at 6:58 PM
@ Aliera

Thankyou I'll put them in soonish : )

@ Atwo

Yeah got pretty much slated for my terrible grammar on many a site, must say I'm usually not that bad though. I didn't really realize it bothered that many people until recently so I'll try and get them changed so that all the blatantly obvious mistakes are corrected but don't expect to see any new "sentence structure" or the likes. To be honest I have better things to worry about that "sentence structure". So yeah I'll try and get those typed up properly.

Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 21st May 2010 at 9:06 PM
@ Aliera

Okay were good to go. Enjoy xx

@ Atwo

Made a couple of changes to the grammar in the English strings. Hope they're better for you but personally I don't see much point. To all the other grammar Naz!s, Yes I know the changes don't show on the main page but they will show in-game. there may still be some errors but they are no longer glaringly obvious.

Thanks
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd May 2010 at 7:21 PM
isnt this a career for your pets in the sims 2 pets? im probably wrong. or maybe both?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 23rd May 2010 at 1:06 PM
@Jinmpetey2

No offence but isn't that a bit of a stupid question considering there are no pets in The Sims 3? I don't have The Sims 2 Pets so don't know if the Show Business Career but yeah it was definitely for "Human" Sims and I think it came with the university expansion pack. You had to major in acting or something. Even if it was for pets I couldn't have made it for pets in Sims 3 could I?

Thanks
Test Subject
#75 Old 25th May 2010 at 9:34 AM
Okay, Please help me. I would love to test these careers out, but I've been trying to add the Career mods and have been unsuccessful each time I've went into my game. I have Delphys Framework installed with no errors, and I did download phase four of Twallans Career Mod, before downloading any others, adding it to the mods/packages folder. Can anyone please suggest what I may be doing wrong? Nothing is showing up in my game.
Page 3 of 5