Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2010 at 7:27 PM
Default "Missing neighbor for data access" error?
Hello. I have been playing ts2 off and on and just started playing more often for two years, but never came across the message of the title of this thread until now.

Basically what happened was I made a couple of families in Veronaville and made one of the same families move out, only leaving a teenage boy. I then moved the teenage boy to the Lots bin, NOT the family bin, and he lost all of his contacts of course. So I moved him to Pleasantview and after I entered the house, that message won't stop popping up!

I have the InSim installed and just uninstalled the InTeen.

If anyone knows the problem or has an idea why this is happening, please help and thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th May 2010 at 7:37 PM
That's because he didn't completely lose all his contacts. EA didn't write the code very well. I hate to tell you, but you are watching a BFVFS in action in Pleasantview. He took memories of all his contacts with him, and now the game is trying to find them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2010 at 11:13 PM
Unfortunately, your game is as good as done. You will start seeing errors popping up all over the place, in every single neighborhood from now on-and so you should just start over with a new set of neighborhoods.
It is easier than you think, but it is painful.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th May 2010 at 3:31 AM
Maybe if you kill him, your neighborhood will live a little longer before everyone else starts getting errors.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th May 2010 at 2:48 PM
Just find his file and delete him.

OR just delete him from the bin.
Inventor
#6 Old 13th May 2010 at 4:39 PM
To the OP: I don't know if you're aware but it's a VBT (very bad thing) to move sims between neighbourhoods - it's probably one of the primary causes of eventual corruption of a hood. I did this a while back when I was fairly new to simming and basically had to completely restart as I was getting all sorts of weird things happening.

If you want to move someone between houses make sure you don't move them WHILST IN the house as - as you have already discovered - they will lose all relationships with all other sims in the hood. You could always restore these relationships using SimPE but that's a bit of a pain if there know/are related to a lot of people.

You can safely move sims from the main hood to the various SUBhoods (eg, Downtown, Shopping District), but always make sure you move them out of the house first.

Do you have a backup of your game you could go back to if you don't want to lose your characters?
Site Helper
#7 Old 13th May 2010 at 11:42 PM
You should also keep an eye on the 'hood you took him out of. That one is likely to be starting to get corrupted as well, although it will be a bit slower... (And no, putting him back won't fix it. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#8 Old 14th May 2010 at 12:43 AM
Yeah, deleting him or killing him won't help. Both neighborhoods will go corrupt. If you want to play with both neighborhoods without a BFBVFS happening (that would be a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space), try the Megahood or Uber-Megahood.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 4:26 PM Last edited by peepeevs : 28th Jan 2013 at 4:52 PM.
I don´t know if peole watch this thread nowadays, but recently I have been having the same error only in a different situation. I don´t know what could possibly have caused it, but here it is: It happens when I try to move a sim into an apartment (normal houses don´t have this issue). The moment I declare an apartment to be the one to move into, the message starts to pop up: ``Missing neighbor for data access´´. These are completely newely made sims I am talking about. Not ones that have been moved around. It gets really annoying as the message keeps popping up. I can delete the message, so and then it will no longer pop up, but doing that also takes away my ability to buy things from the buy catalogue. It won´t matter where I try to place an object, but it keeps saying ``location out of bounds´´, even if it is within my own apartment, and even if I use the moveobjects cheat. Does this mean I have to start over as well?
Site Helper
#10 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 5:26 PM
peepeevs, this really belongs in the Sims 2 Help forum. You want help with a problem with your game, which isn't really a discussion topic.

Before starting a new thread in the Sims 2 Help forum, you'll be asked to do the Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki FAQ. That will help you to narrow down the problem to the point where you may be able to fix it yourself. If the game problem FAQ doesn't help you to find the problem, then start a new thread in the Sims 2 Help forum and be sure to tell us exactly what you tried and the results of all of your tests.
Banned
#11 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 6:05 PM
The thing about it wrecking your entire GAME is incorrect, however both the neighborhood you moved him from and the one you moved him into are corrupt. The only way you screw up the entire GAME is messing with characters like the Grim Reaper, Mrs Crumplebottom, etc. Killing him won't help and deleting him will just make it worse.

eta - didn't realize this was a very old thread.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 7:46 PM
Locking. peepeevs, please take Mootilda's advice and post in the Game Help forum after working through the troubleshooting FAQ. Good luck!
Locked thread