Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 3:47 AM
Default A mistake in Harry Potter and the PoA I noticed...
Has anyone else noticed the mistake in HP and the PoA? I just noticed it yesterday when I was reading the book. It's on page 308, Katie gets a penalty shot and it says: A minute later, Katie had put another penalty past the Slytherin Seeker.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 3:58 AM
What's the mistake?

Hey there! :)
Theorist
#3 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 4:00 AM
It's not a mistake. They make a penalty shot on 307 "Penalty shot to Gryffindor for and unprovoked attack on their Chaser! [...] YES SHE'S BEATEN THE KEEPER! TWENTY-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

Hi I'm Paul!
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 9:25 PM
It's a mistake because, why would it matter if she got a penalty shot past the Seeker? Instead of saying Katie put another penalty shot past the Slytherin Seeker, it should say Katie just put another penalty shot past the Slytherin Keeper. Because the Keeper is the one she needs to beat/put another shot past in order to score with the penalty shot.

Robodi95, that's exactly my point. It says on 307, She's beaten the Keeper, not the Seeker.

There's also something I noticed in DH that may or may not be a mistake, but I got a HUGE load of BS for posting about what I thought on the imdb forum.
Theorist
#5 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 9:35 PM
My copy of the book says she puts it past the Keeper, so perhaps they fixed it in later editions of the books. Not that I keep my HP books so close to hand that I could check that without even moving from my seat or anything...

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 10:41 PM
The copy I just read is from the library and not in good shape; so it's pretty old.

About the thing in DH I mentioned, i want to know what others (who won't call anyone stupid for disagreeing) think.
Since Bill's is first shown in the books, he has long hair that Mrs. Weasley hates. She is constantly trying to get him to cut it. At Harry's birthday party in DH, it's Charlie who has a new short hair cut; because Mrs. Weasley forced him to let her cut it. Then that night Ron says, "It's probably Charlie sneaking off to regrow his hair." I just thought it should have been Bill who was forced into a haircut instead of Charlie.
Theorist
#7 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 11:21 PM
Mine says Keeper also. I think the DH might be a mistake but who knows, I'm sure she wants short hair for all her sons - maybe Charlie let it grow out?

I'm rereading the books and PoA was about 5 inches away on my desk

Hi I'm Paul!