2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 12:48 AM Last edited by Borja20 : 7th Aug 2022 at 8:40 PM.
Default CS hidden items buyable
I made something that I'm surprised no one made before. Unlocking those hidden objects of Castaway Stories in buy mode. Like the pirate ship from Wanmami's Buccaneer Cove, or the waterfall from Shady Lagoon. Some of them have proper names and descriptions, it's sad they ended up hidden.  

Download: 
I actually uploaded 2 different things, go to the bottom of the post to download them:

The "CS buyable hidden objects.zip" has all the necessary files to unlock the objects. There are 2 categories/folders, check the 2 lists below to know about each item and decide which ones you want. If you are lazy to read, get the "cool items" only, as the "not that cool items" may be dangerous.

The "stuckobjremover_PlaceEverywhere.zip" is a modified version of Pescado's Stuck Object Remover. It will appear in Nature section of buy mode. With this, you can get rid of items that the game doesn't let you pick up from buy/build mode (check the link for details). The original one can't be placed in sloped terrain or in water, so, because this game doesn't have the "moveObjects" cheat, I modified it to be placeable everywhere. Obviously this isn't necessary to make the objects buyable, but I highly recommend it, as most of the "not that cool items" can't be picked up/deleted after placing them.

Installation:
For the hidden objects, the collection is a must! Extract all the contents from the zip and then copy the "HiddenObjectsCollection" file here:
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\Collections
You may not have the Collections folder, then create it. Don't forget the 'C' in upper case, or it won't work.
Then from the 2 categories/folders, choose the objects you want and then copy them in:
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\Downloads
(Or a subfolder inside it)
Same as before, if you don't have the Downloads folder, create it.

As for the Stuck Object Remover, simply extract the file included and copy it in the Downloads folder.

Where do I find them in game?
I put them in a collection because the catalog sorting in CS is a pain and I didn't feel like researching which number is for each section. So they won't appear in the catalogue, they will only appear in the collection (thanks to this tutorial). Unlike in TS2, Collections in this game are only accessible from build mode, and not buy mode.

Now, without further delay...  
The lists of items:

WARNING
The "cool items" are safe, but if you are going to get the "not that cool items", please read about them in the list above, as some of them may be dangerous, like the test objects. I also don't know if having more than one Spawn Point in a lot can cause side effects. Backing up your game is always recommended before getting CC.

Note: I mentioned the allmenus cheat a few times. If you don't know what it is, check this page. Activating it in Castaway Stories is the same process, but looking for the file in C:\Program Files\The Sims Castaway Stories\TSData\Res\Config instead.

This is my first serious post. I hope I didn't mess up. And I hope someone finds this useful!

Update 3rd July 2020: Silly me made the Stuck Object Remover not placeable on floor when I made it placeable in sloped terrain.
I fixed and reuploaded it, now it's really placeable everywhere.

Update 12th November 2021: Added a new not that cool item, the portal arrow. (Over a year later, why not?) The collection file is updated to include it.
I also made a tutorial for rotating the pirate ship, check the item description.

Update: (a few hours after the previous one) The new item was only buyable on residential. I'm sorry for the 4 people that downloaded it already, it's now fixed.

Update 7th August 2022: I made by request the urinal available in residential lots. I didn't include it in this post, so scroll down the replies for the link.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CS buyable hidden objects.zip (28.8 KB, 275 downloads)
File Type: zip  stuckobjremover_PlaceEverywhere.zip (4.2 KB, 284 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 1:08 AM
Hi! would it be okay to request the raft portal as well? i wanted to remove it from the residential lot and place it on the village harbor (where that broken portal by the water is)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 5:26 PM
@starsong765, well, you see, the raft is tricky because the completed one in the village residence is apparently "CS - Raft Parts - Raft Itself", but making that buyable, you get the uncompleted raft from the beginning of the game. You would have to build it but I have no idea how. If you want a decorative one instead... https://s22cdb.livejournal.com/31895.html
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Borja20
@starsong765, well, you see, the raft is tricky because the completed one in the village residence is apparently "CS - Raft Parts - Raft Itself", but making that buyable, you get the uncompleted raft from the beginning of the game. You would have to build it but I have no idea how. If you want a decorative one instead... https://s22cdb.livejournal.com/31895.html

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 8:24 PM
@LadyBella You're welcome! I'm glad people are still finding this useful.

The urinal is actually buyable but only on community lots. But here you go, I made it available in both.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  UrinalResidential.zip (297 Bytes, 21 downloads)