Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolourable FullPoster "Wall Overlay - Wall Animation" *Update 06/11*

by Pixelhate Posted 1st Aug 2007 at 12:28 AM - Updated 28th Aug 2011 at 2:44 AM by leesester

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
#26 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 5:37 AM
Great job, perfect for some things that need building....

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 12:01 AM
You two are awesome! Thank you!

(())
//\\
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 1:59 PM Last edited by bluetexasbonnie : 22nd Aug 2007 at 2:09 PM.
Cool! I ignorantly bypassed this the first time thinking it was 'normal' walls -- and they weren't a style I'd use much, if ever. That is what I get from just looking at pictures and moving on. So glad you made a comment elsewhere that lead me back.

The degradation set will be so useful. Thank you.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 4:44 AM
I realized that I didn't advertise this stuff very well, but I didn't know that kind of wall overlay did exist before in several places. I was arrogantly thinking to be original...
Still, I find the potential of this concept underestimated, If only I had time and taste for beautifull things....

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Forum Resident
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:33 PM
Ah....

This is quite a new idea to me, I've been in the community for a while and I've never seen anything as like this. I've seen 3-d wainscotings and chair rails before, but nothing for a full wall effect that can be used in so many interesting ways.

Besides, you talked the mod father into helping you with the mesh, pixelhate, and that is something that makes this worthy of note and likely even better than any other version out there.

Quite frankly, I adore this. I love how it works and it works great.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 2:43 PM
Okay, now I have used these and I am in LOVE! Will you marry me?

The degradation kit gives so much character to walls. I generally prefer 'experienced' walls (i.e. showing their age) for my buildings. Now virtually every pretty wall I have can become experienced. I am just so thrilled!

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:10 PM
im glad you got awarded for this!

its more then worth it!

DOEreoh
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 10:02 AM
This is so great! Thank you - it's awesomeness! :D
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 1:46 AM
WOW! Many, many positive vibes are now being transmitted to Numenor AND to you! Now, having done that, I have to go now and play! =D
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 6:53 PM
I think I love you. These blood splats are *exactly* what I need for my gorey story as I can't keep using the same bloody walls again and again! And the graffiti is great for my chavs too! Thankyou!

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 2:29 PM
This is the most amazing creation I've seen yet!

Nikki

Thank you for everything! You all are great those who create and those who download! Thank you!

If you're looking to read a Sims 4 drama visit Amanda Lived
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 11:59 PM
You need the mesh and the animation recolor from this thread for the laser to work.
The police tape is from Momma"b" : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=84339

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 6:13 AM
Oh damn, the alien animation will go perfect for Silent Hill theme lots. And thanks much for the bloody walls, I wanted that for a long time. Lovely work on this! And congratulations on the featured upload, you deserved it.

And a million thank you's for Numenor for the mesh. And you for recoloring this awesome creation. Keep it up!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#41 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 2:43 PM
Numenor is genious indeed.
thanks to him for latest SimPE also
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 3:15 PM
Congrats on being featured! Well deserved.

Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:56 PM
Hey ! Thanks for the promotion !

Instructor
#44 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 12:39 AM
This is amazing! I've been wondering for a long time if it would be possible to create wall cracks and dirt as overlays. Thank you so much Numenor for creating this and pixelhate for bringing it to us

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Scholar
#45 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 3:12 AM
wonderful - these will make walls special - thank you!
Test Subject
#46 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 3:57 AM
I did'nt have time to look at your creation when i downloaded them. Untill now. That is so cool! Thank you for creating them and sharing. Thank you to all who helped. Awesome!!!!
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 5:37 AM
OH MY FRACKIN' GOD! This is amazing! =D Love it.... thankyou soooo much for this! ^____^

Party_gurl Love's Daisuke Andou (aka: Die)
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 12:53 PM
Thank you very much, stuff like that will come handy! :D
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 3:41 PM
i got these when they came out and couldn't help but wonder why they weren't featured. great job!

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 3:39 AM
hey thanks for these
Page 2 of 5