Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 24-APR-2017) Autonomous Fun In The Sun

by icarus_allsorts Posted 8th Aug 2014 at 10:57 PM - Updated 23rd Apr 2017 at 5:07 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod update

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:22 AM
just love your mods thankyou
Scholar
THANKS POST
#27 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:27 PM
Great job icarus. This mod is very useful, cuz most of us counter with problem, when some community lots are total empty or npc doesn't act properly. Hopefully, it's not your last mod for community lots, cuz it would be nice to see this type of mod for other lots (example bars and clubs). So THANK YOU very much
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i placed a boat trailer on the beach in SV and i'm not getting the interaction to 'go boating' ? i've tried deleting my script.cache but it didn't help.

Hmm, it certainly works on the beach in SV for me. How about after placing the boat trailer, saving and reloading the game, does that get the interaction to show up? If not, just to check if the mod loads properly in your game try placing a pool lounger on a lot WITHOUT any pools and see if the "Relax" interaction is greyed out. (Or, if you don't have seasons installed, do you see any sims autonomously windsurfing or snorkeling at the beach?)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#29 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:59 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 5:13 PM
love you Icarus!!!!!
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Should've mentioned this in the description, first rent the boat then cancel the interaction before they enter the water with it, the boat should still be in the sim's inventory then for you to choose the default "Go Boating With" interaction. if your sim is already in the boat just cancel their boating and i believe as long as the boat is stationary the other sims should have the option to enter the boat if you click on it (unfortunately inactive sims can't do this on their own and I did try making it possible but it ended up being too glitchy and would not work so I had to leave that out completely)

Great thanks I will try that!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:49 PM
This is awesome! Thanks
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 7:33 PM
thank you again for your mods are fantastic.
thank you again for your mods are fantastic.

this one is really great but my sims wants to swim every 3 minutes til there not a way to adjust for the problem is that we control sims.

Sorry for my english : :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 8:45 PM
I love when the sims do their own thing without my telling them to.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 9:40 PM
Hmm, it certainly works on the beach in SV for me. How about after placing the boat trailer, saving and reloading the game, does that get the interaction to show up? If not, just to check if the mod loads properly in your game try placing a pool lounger on a lot WITHOUT any pools and see if the "Relax" interaction is greyed out. (Or, if you don't have seasons installed, do you see any sims autonomously windsurfing or snorkeling at the beach?)

i have seasons, the greyed out interaction works and i tried reloading the game. hmm, i'm not sure. the boat trailer is empty and doesn't have a boat on it or anything when i try the interaction.. does it need to have a purchased boat on it for it to work?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM
Cool! Thanks for this one!
Mad Poster
#37 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 2:48 AM
it's working now
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:14 PM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 11th Aug 2014 at 6:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lavinia12
this one is really great but my sims wants to swim every 3 minutes til there not a way to adjust for the problem is that we control sims.

Yea, the only current way to adjust this is by adjusting the advertising values in the ITUNs in the package or with NRaas Retuner, at least until I can think of a way to limit the interactions a bit more I guess.

i have seasons, the greyed out interaction works and i tried reloading the game. hmm, i'm not sure. the boat trailer is empty and doesn't have a boat on it or anything when i try the interaction.. does it need to have a purchased boat on it for it to work?

it's working now

Glad to hear that it works now, though I am curious to know if it was saving and reloading that got the interaction to appear or something else? Putting a boat on the trailer/mooring post is not necessary, if there isn't one there one sims will be able to rent any type of boat (children can only rent/drive certain types though), if there is a(n unowned) boat there, sims can only rent that specific type of that boat but the rented boat will copy the design of it as can (sort of) be seen in the first screenshot.
Edit: By any chance were you also using SimsMX's Hypochondriac trait mod? I've found that using that mod together with this will cause the problem you described, the new interactions won't show up on newly placed mooring posts/boat trailers until you've saved the game and reloaded it)
Mad Poster
#39 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 9:45 PM
actually no, i don't use the trait mod. it wasn't saving and reloading, but it was winter in my game and the action showed up as the season changed to spring.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 4:10 AM
Thank you! It's just what the beach needed. Maybe in the future you can create autonomous Fun in the Club. Haha. :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:51 PM
actually no, i don't use the trait mod. it wasn't saving and reloading, but it was winter in my game and the action showed up as the season changed to spring.

Now that's really strange... I'm quite sure I didn't restrict the interaction in any way that would cause that (and I've tried it in SV on a cold snowy winter day and it showed up as expected). Oh well, if you find any problems the coming Winter do inform me still.

Quote: Originally posted by SUPERsuperduper
Maybe in the future you can create autonomous Fun in the Club. Haha.

I dunno, sims seem to have no problem autonomously having fun in the clubs in my games (granted you have to get them to the clubs first) so I personally don't see a need for that.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 3:03 AM
ugh, the interaction disappeared again. i honestly have no idea what's going on. could there be a mod conflict that dashboard didn't detect or something?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#43 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 4:16 AM
This is such a great mod, thank you :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:28 AM
ugh, the interaction disappeared again. i honestly have no idea what's going on. could there be a mod conflict that dashboard didn't detect or something?

Since this is a script mod with custom ITUNs the only other mods it could possibly conflict with are other script mods which Delphy's dashboard can't catch. Since the interaction did appear at one point I assume the interaction IS there just that your sim couldn't use it. Just to make sure, using NRaas DebugEnabler click on the mooring post/boat trailer and select "Test Menu Interactions". A ScriptError should be generated which you can send to me to look at.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:21 AM
Very handy...Thank you very much
Mad Poster
#46 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:54 PM
Since this is a script mod with custom ITUNs the only other mods it could possibly conflict with are other script mods which Delphy's dashboard can't catch. Since the interaction did appear at one point I assume the interaction IS there just that your sim couldn't use it. Just to make sure, using NRaas DebugEnabler click on the mooring post/boat trailer and select "Test Menu Interactions". A ScriptError should be generated which you can send to me to look at.

here's the script error
Attached files:
File Type: zip  script error.zip (1.9 KB, 5 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:47 AM
here's the script error

Thanks. Okay from what I see the only thing preventing the interaction from appearing is your sim not being on the same lot as the trailer or being close enough to the sea when you tried clicking on the trailer, was this the case? If the interaction DOES appear when your sim is on the same lot as the trailer or the closest lot to the sim is the lot with the boat trailer then it is working as intended (otherwise you could rent a boat from the other side of the world without moving to that lot which would be kind of weird)
Mad Poster
#48 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 2:56 AM
ohh, that's probably right. i tested the interaction while my sim was still at home. i didn't even think about that, lol
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#49 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:48 PM
thank you for the update! i'm enjoying the mod and i even put a vending machine on the beach so i could use your new mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:28 PM
Thank you for this tuning mod! The beach will finally look the way it's supposed to.
Page 2 of 5