Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pack of FULLY ANIMATED spiral stairs

by marvine Posted 16th Sep 2007 at 8:27 PM - Updated 29th Apr 2011 at 7:44 PM by leesester

469 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 431 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 19
Stupid people are stupid
#76 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:30 PM
Great!!! I totally love it. Make more, make more!!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:53 PM
Brilliant! Thank you so much for all your time and hard work to make these, it is much appreciated and thank you ever so much for sharing!
Field Researcher
#78 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:10 PM
The spiral staircase was my fave in Sims1, this is fantastic and well worth the wait, thank you!!

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
Test Subject
#79 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:10 PM
Thanks so much!!!! These are wonderful. I have been waiting for just this type of stair with the animations! I knew that one of the the very talented people who do modding here would have one eventually. Thank You Marvine! I have used much of your stuff, you are highly talented!
Banned
#80 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:12 PM Last edited by angel f : 17th Sep 2007 at 6:07 PM. Reason: is a thanks post.
I'm speechless! Great! What a superb work!
(Sorry, can't find the worshippin' smiley... ;-) )
Research Worker
#81 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:18 PM Last edited by angel f : 17th Sep 2007 at 6:08 PM. Reason: is a thanks post.
Thank you so much for these great, fatastic, awesome spiral stairs. And animations.THANK YOU
Test Subject
#82 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:33 PM
*picks jaw up off floor*

Wow...just....wow!!!
#83 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:40 PM
Wow this is amazing!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
#84 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:44 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm so excited and happy about this. You're truly amazing and extremely talented!
Scholar
#85 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:45 PM
This is a relly great job and will help me a lot in buildig houses! Thank you so much!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:06 PM
OMG! Just... um. I have been wanting spiral stairs and while there are plenty out there, I missed the actual animations to match and it always ended up being a detractor in my game. Thank you for spending the large amounts of time to do this.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:15 PM
You probaly already know, but FANTASTIC

More Power !!!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:22 PM
Oh my God!!!

That's great, and I didn't even see the animation yet!

Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#89 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:33 PM
I absolutely love the stairs. I tested the wooden ones in my game and I was simply flabberghasted by the animations. i've seen round strairs, which attempt at keeping the sim on the stair. But yours are totally accurate, the sim stays completely in the middle of the step as they walk up.

Keep up the wonderful work.
Test Subject
#90 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:53 PM
All I can say is very very cool!!!! Have been looking for something like these for months now!!! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#91 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:56 PM
These are top quality. I think you should have a brownie point no make that two

Apparently 98% of teenagers have smoke or have tried pot, If you are one of the 2% then copy and past this in to your sig

http://www.aspyr.com/files/software...MS2U_header.jpg
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#92 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:57 PM
I LOVE YOU!! Can I have your children? Please?
Scholar
#93 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:03 PM
Waow !!! This is amazing or even stunning Marvine ! I don't believe it but you've manage to create a spiral stair with animation ! Wahou !!! AND this isn't a simple stair but a beautiful one with variety ! :lovestruc

A single word : BRAVO !

Of course many thanks for sharing this marvel with us and congrats for the super well deserved featuring !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Instructor
Original Poster
#94 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by swmeek
Thanks for sharing but do they require scripts ?

No scripts required, these stairs were cloned from base game straight stairs

Thank you all for the lovely comments!!

Sure I allow cloning them, in fact I'd happily beg for new models and provide tips (angles and such) to make it easier! As with all my stuff I very selfishly made something I wanted in my game, but I'm not an object mesher and it was a pain to come up with decent models - so please somebody make more!!

Oh and in the uploading rush and trauma I forgot some credits, sorry for that...
So I need to credit Targa, I first cloned his Ascension Squared and even if I finally chose another base file and used a slightly different method, the way he solved the intersection issues was a huge help.
Thank you to Hysterical Paroxysm too, for pointing out that doors got stuck in use when placed right next to some objects - I would have spent some time figuring out that one
Also, the beautiful seamless textures I used for the concrete version are royalty free textures from Spiralgraphics; all the rest is Maxis butchered stuff

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Forum Resident
#95 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:12 PM
Did I mention that you are my new HERO????
This is brilliant - thanks for for the hard work - my sims and I appreciate it.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Test Subject
#96 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:12 PM
So, when I saw the thumbnail and description for these stairs, the first words out of my mouth were:

Marvine, you ROCK!

Thank you so much for these; I hate how much space normal stairs take up.

*downloads and skips merrily away to fix myriads of houses*
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#97 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:43 PM
[QUOTE=marvine]Sure I allow cloning them, in fact I'd happily beg for new models and provide tips (angles and such) to make it easier!QUOTE]

I wonder if you would have time (or someone else who feels like trying out the technique) to take my winding and half-landing stairs and make animated versions? At the moment sims just zip between the top and bottom. They're at http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Stairs.htm if you want to take a look.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#98 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:43 PM
Amazing! Brilliant! Exactly what the Sims have been missing. You rock!
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:52 PM
Omg, now you really have outdone yourself.
These are just GREAT!
Thank you so much
Test Subject
#100 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:55 PM
bloody excellent. thanks
Page 4 of 19