Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backless Showers

by HugeLunatic Posted 11th Mar 2010 at 12:24 AM

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Field Researcher
#26 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:44 AM
I've been hoping for something like this for a long time. Thank you so much!

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Instructor
#27 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 12:51 PM
Thanks, these are so needed to create better bathrooms. BTW: I would love to know about the wall/window too.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#28 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 12:57 PM
I downloaded a similar backless shower from somewhere, but it was missing the sewer, which looked quite odd, so I'm very happy that this one has the sewer, yeah! :D
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 1:40 PM
Thank you, this is perfect!!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 2:23 PM
Far as I know the any moodlets the originals give should be here, my evil sim who tested has the cold shower one - even after before impaled with errant shower bits on early versions.

These are not defaults, and they cost a bit less the original EA ones.

Those wall windows - my windows put there with cheats and the other half of the window hangs outside. :p
Field Researcher
#31 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM
"(channel too!)"…
Thank you. I always use bare bone showers where I can, so much more versatile ! :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM
It looks great and it is something a lot of people will want/need, but unfortunately it doesn't really work well.

You can't fit two backless showers next to one another as one will become unreachable. Also the setup shown in your 1st picture is not working. The shower on the righthandside is unreachable. This is due to the fact that the showers still need to be entered from the side
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 2:57 PM
~singing~ Hugelunatic is smart! S-M-R-T smart!! la-la-la! And may I suggest orangemittens Two Glass Walls for shower walls?!? Can't wait to try that out myself!!

Thank you!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 3:01 PM
They work exactly the same as the original showers. The entry/exit points of the shower are unchangable. So if mine "doesn't really work well" then neither do the EA ones.
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 3:47 PM Last edited by Bimbette : 11th Mar 2010 at 3:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Hehe good point HugeLunatic

I'm sorry I did not mean to sound rude or so, I was just trying to point out that the setup is not possible.

In the Sims2 we used to have the same type of shower, but it was accessible from the front and therefore we were able to place multiple of them right next to one another as in a dorm or as in any kind of multiple showerroom (soccer changingroom/ indoorswimmingpool changingroom etc etc)
Forum Resident
#36 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 5:18 PM
Thanks Lunie! These are awesome!!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Theorist
#37 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 5:50 PM
You are my hero!! Thanks hun ~~hugs~~
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:06 PM
Thank you! This is brilliant. I've missed something like this ever since the game came out.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:50 PM
awesome! Custom Bathrooms here I come!

Good music is like a candy bar; All you have to do is throw out the rappers.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#40 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 9:06 PM
Hats off to you my good lady! You have made an excellent piece of content that was so DESPERATELY needed!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:37 AM
Coolio!
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 4:46 AM
yes... embarrassing group showers after gym class here i come *evil laugh*
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 12:56 PM Last edited by Panther559 : 12th Mar 2010 at 1:18 PM.
This is definitely what I've been looking for!! As Arisuka said, I downloaded one from somewhere else, but it didn't have the little sewer, so it didn't really do much justice for the realistic feel I was looking for (still give credit for effort though... ). Much appreciated!!

Does anyone know where I can get the combo (tub and shower unit) as a backless unit with just the front glass slider (like the Sims2 one)? Or has it even been made yet? Just wondering, not requesting unless someone knows how to do it.

HL, you rock!! :D
Test Subject
#44 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 3:59 PM
Thank you very much! Love them. I have and use the ones that you did for Sims 2.

hugs,
Michele
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 8:16 PM
ooooh thanks !
x x x

badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM !!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 2:32 AM
Yay Thanks!!!!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 9:02 PM
Thank you and can you upload those windows. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 10:42 PM
Thank you for these. They are much needed for the game.

I am also looking for the expensive tub/shower that is all glass instead of the stupid solid front section. Does anyone know if it exists anywhere? If not, then HugeLunatic, would you be interested in doing one since you did such a good job with these showers? Just asking, no pressure.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Test Subject
#49 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 12:11 PM
Oooh This is great, now my showers wont look so weird Thanks!
Instructor
#50 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 7:21 AM
Brilliant! So versatile -thank you :D
Page 2 of 5