Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Spice Pony
#76 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 6:37 PM Last edited by ewenk7 : 30th Jan 2016 at 10:04 PM.

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#77 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 11:56 PM Last edited by hugbug993 : 4th Feb 2016 at 5:46 AM.
Sorry for taking so long. I've been having a rough time.

Quote: Originally posted by ewenk7
It's more my own thing which is vaguely inspired by traditional notions about divinity. It first shows up in the first story, in Oman of all places, as Iblis used it to become immortal. It's mainly associated with the djinn up to the point I've written. It originally comes from their homeworld (for a loose definition of the term, as they evolved on a star).

I meant in-story. It belongs to a society that's Grecian, or would be found through ancient Athens writings. That or SA tribe languages, but those are much more of a pain to look up than ancient Greek (or even PIE). Anyway, the name they found for it through Grecian writings would probably be in Greek.

[plot outlines]

It does sound like a pretty good story, overall.

Evil Overlord's List

#13. All slain enemies will be cremated, or at least have several rounds of ammunition emptied into them, not left for dead at the bottom of the cliff. The announcement of their deaths, as well as any accompanying celebration, will be deferred until after the aforementioned disposal.

But then, I doubt MorcuCorp ever read the list. Just mentioned it because it amused me.

Heh. Well, there is one character who sort of fit the bill, but in theory, the title referred to an entirely original concept. Basically, Z is actually D, more commonly known as Ceiba. It's an ancient Celtic colony in the Amazon. "The Seven Veils" refers to their system of magic, which involves the use of different preternatural "veils". One of them is visibility. Another is memory. I don't remember most of them. The seventh veil was life and death, as Merlin informs Indy when he has a near-death experience at the end of the book. Rob MacGregor's Indy books weren't bad, but they got a little weird at times.

A little weird?

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Spice Pony
#78 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Sorry for taking so long. I've been having a rough time.

I'm probably about the least justified in complaining on either account. Hope you're feeling better.

Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
A[*]little[*] weird?

You think that's bizarre? Check out the final entry in his part of the series.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 4:08 AM

You think that's bizarre? Check out the final entry in his part of the series.

Okay, that does sound far more insane. So the doubles are alternate-universe selves who live inside the planet? Or did the double at the end come from an alternate universe where he was also Hitler's double? And why are they doubles if they're opposite-sex, let alone different races? Am confused.
The rest of it sounds awesome enough to skate by on Rule of Cool.

Spice Pony
#80 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 6:36 PM

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 1:37 AM

Spice Pony
#82 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 3:38 AM
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 8:05 AM