Replies: 138 (Who?), Viewed: 51687 times.
Page 6 of 6
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 4:30 PM
The new version of Aileen Landing won't have the multiple alien colors... the only CC will be the green sky, which will be an optional mod that is not required to play the neighborhood.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 10:17 PM
Alright, I just made a poll/survey, so that I vaguely know what I should improve in the next version of Aileen Landing.
For anyone who played in this neighborhood, I'd be more than happy if you participated.

But of course, you don't have to. Lol.
http://www.survey-maker.com/Q6O55Z33N

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#128 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 2:23 AM
This is one of the most creative and interesting neighborhoods I've seen, Jawusa! I just started my winter break so if you need anyone to further playtest it let me know. Good luck
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#129 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 3:07 AM
@BeckyBoo8 Aww, thank u!
I'd be more than happy to have more playtesters, so if you'd like to give this neighborhood a try, go ahead! Have fun!

My Simblr
Scholar
#130 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 3:15 AM
Great! Is the most recent version in the first post of this thread?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 4:08 AM
Yep, the link should still be the same. I haven’t made any changes ever since.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#132 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 11:15 PM
I'm almost done my first rotation of the 'hood, and I have some ideas, since I know you're looking to reduce the number of households/make them more fun to play! You could spice up the (Neptune Branch) Mykonos family by combining them! Maybe Neptune's family has fallen upon some misfortune, and his loving brother offered to move in and help them out, but then Triton's being influenced by him, and Nepture is forced to cohabitate with Poseidon, which can result in more tangible drama!

Or maybe Poseidon is the one who had misfortune (like financially or something), and Neptune's wife is like "oh, don't worry, you can live with us for a while" despite Neptune being like Absolutely Not I Hate Him So Much.

J-just some spaghetti ideas.

I'm loving the hood so much! I love all the builds, and how you've really cultivated an architectural style for both the alien half and the human half, despite only using base game items!
Scholar
#133 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 4:35 PM
Oh well. If I were there, I'd not like to live in such dorm-family like it would become.

I would hope Jawusa make it the megahood. Without combining and making too hige families. That could be hmm... hard fun.... to play with. That would not be so bad since Jawusa is very experinced in hood creating. I am sure everything could come their best.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#134 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 8:53 PM Last edited by k-athleen : 30th Apr 2021 at 2:13 AM. Reason: thought #1
I'm on my second rotation now, and drama has begun to go down! Micah Meacock accidently starved to death . . . so I've moved Luca in with Tugce, and Peeta is now living that solo bachelor life. I hope he has many bastard children

I've got some more thoughts on the EAxis sims,,,,,,,,, again I am just throwing some spaghetti. Having a bunch of EAxis sims really throws me off, and I'd prefer brand new sims. If you were tying to cut down on EAxis sims and trying to pick which ones to keep, I'd keep the Bella Goth household (giving her amnesia could explain away the lack of family tree and memories), and the Capp/Summerdream household! I found their plot backstories the most interesting and unique to their situations. The other households could easily be replaced with custom sims that serve a similar purpose, like two teens who snuck away to Aileen Landing, or one guy who's knocked up all his roommates.

Additionally! I noticed that there aren't any playable sims with s4, so you might want to include one who does have s4!

The Land Grant University sims were also a bit jarring to me; since in my normal game state, I have one neighbourhood with Wide Spot + Land Grant U, and then a separate one with a maxis uberhood, so combining those sims together (+ Aileen landing sims) is kinda weird to me? Since they normally exist in separate canons to me. But also you're super valid and I'm having a great time with this neighbourhood! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

But again I love this hood a lot! The architecture is so nice!!!! I'm having so much fun!! I also love the uniqueness of the sims faces! And just how wack all the bastard children are!

Ooh oh another thought: I'd enjoy a little bit more crisscross between the humans and aliens, like maybe one of the pregnancies being a human pregnant with an alien or vice versa. Since in naturual gameplay they're already fraternizing a lot, it makes sense to me for them to have fraternized more in the backstory!

Edit: I'm just gonna edit this post to add more thoughts as they come up so that I don't spam

1. The Xothburg house is small. They don't really have room for their second baby, which Mira is pregnant with at the beginning of the game. She's now pregnant with a third baby and they *really* don't have space for it. (lmao, knowing me, this one'll probably end up being quadruplets ) Maybe consider making the house a bit bigger!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 10th May 2021 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 15th May 2021 at 2:23 AM.
@k-athleen

Aww, I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying the neighborhood, even with that many families and pregancies, LOL! Reading what your did in your game and your thoughts on it really made my day. And also thank you very much for your compliments on the buildings in Aileen Landing!

They were definitely challenging to make and to be honest, I don't even remember myself how I achieved that? LOL! But yeah, the neighborhood will still remain BG compatible, and I'm thinking of making it completely no CC as well. The only CC I used were the colorful alien skintones, but I was thinking of just sticking to the default alien skintone and the mannequin skintone. So, many sims will get a makeover, lol!

In the past few weeks I had been reimagining the whole neighborhood as a whole and to tell the truth, there are soooo many unnecessary sims in the current version that have no purpose/contribution to the neighborhood story at all, like EAxis sims randomly sitting there and all!

So far, here are the changes that the next version of Aileen Landing will (probably) have:

- No LGU/Widespot or other EAxis sims in the neighborhood. While I was having a look into each household, I noticed that I better not include them, since I guess... many will want to add this to their megahoods anyway and that would just ruin the neighborhood as a whole... having two Cassandra Goths, etc.  But I was thinking of maybe including distant relatives of the playables... say, a Crumplebottom? Or Olive's long-lost cousin? Maybe Katrina Caliente (only her though, not with Don, Dina and Nina)... since there's a strange pink/blue crack in the sky of Aileen Landing.. it might be where she came from... when travelling into the TS2 universe. Basically, she'd try to start afresh after receiving tons of hate in the TS4 universe, lol!

- Actually, I like the idea of merging Poseidon with Neptune, ... imagine all the potential drama! (...and affairs? LOL!). Though, I might have to reduce their children for that... otherwise, that household would be HUGE!

- I'm still not sure whether or not to include Bella Goth.. (She's kinda iconic! But I think she should be in Strangetown instead... so I might also scrap that storyline. But then again, the Strangetown Bella is a clone, that means... the real Bella Goth could still be around in Aileen Landing, can she?)

- As for the LaFontaine-Meacock storyline... actually, Tugce had a boyfriend who has the S4 skin, so I might resurrect him! Thanks for the feedback!

- In the new version, Mira doesn't even have a baby (yet). I found it a little too weird that they all had affairs and her being pregnant with another guy's baby... I've got too many Romance sims and too pregnancies to start with as well. So, I changed that. Whether or not her dad was right when he said Rigel is no good for her... that's up to the player. But him as a Romance sim, well... maybe he's just a hopeless romantic.. looking for a soulmate... and that could still be Mira!

- Lynx household was kinda a mess. So, I put some of their babies for adoption. Selene only has one child now and is engaged to Pollux. Hence her wish to marry a rich sim. Though, her sister Feyrora is romantically involved with Pollux as well. I wish I could do scripted events, so that once the player loads up that household, it'd be little Thestias's birthday. And then, when the player would prompt her to bring Thestias to the cake, Feyrora would automatically make out with Pollux.. and cause some drama at the birthday party! That would be cool... :D

- As for the Sombrero teens... well, I was thinking of changing them all into townies. The same for the Lyra siblings except for Rhea and Dione.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#136 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 8:44 PM
Although I have not tried it yet, I love reading everything you have written about the neighborhood. It catches my attention and I will try it when it is finished.
Test Subject
#137 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 1:44 PM
Just downloaded an empty version, as I don't play with households/families created by anyone else (even the Maxis ones). Going to test it in my game right now. Downloaded a default sky as well, but I'm a bit puzzled - do I have to install ALL THREE files (Day, Night and Seasons) to work it in my game or just one of them? I play just a disc collection with ALL EPs & SPs installed, not an UC.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 8:27 PM
@Olena Dub
If you don't want the green sky to disappear as the weather changes and/or when it becomes dark, you'll need all the three files, yes.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#139 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawusa
@Olena Dub
If you don't want the green sky to disappear as the weather changes and/or when it becomes dark, you'll need all the three files, yes.

Sure, I want to keep this lovely green sky all the time! Thank you very much, Jawusa!
Page 6 of 6