Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1997 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1885 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 57 of 80
Test Subject
#1401 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Is your sim loading and previewing correctly? Error messages like that probably mean you had a custom slider or CC or something that you later removed, but is still listed in your sim's data. If the sim looks okay you can ignore any errors. If it doesn't look okay please explain what's wrong.

It loads okay, but it just won't save. Each time I try to save it my laptop crashes and I end up getting the blue screen of death. I'm not sure if its completely non related, but it only happens with this outfit unfortunately.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1402 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tarhihn
It loads okay, but it just won't save. Each time I try to save it my laptop crashes and I end up getting the blue screen of death. I'm not sure if its completely non related, but it only happens with this outfit unfortunately.

Please upload the Sim Troubleshooting info for that outfit and I'll take a look when I can.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1403 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 10:09 PM
Okay I have two out of three saved.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DulceHarvey1_TroubleShoot.zip (29.95 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: zip  DulceHarvey_TroubleShoot.zip (30.53 MB, 4 downloads)
Test Subject
#1404 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 10:32 PM Last edited by Tosyk : 28th Jan 2022 at 11:28 PM.
something is wrong with latest version:

It shows but can't export correct face

previous version (3_10_4_0) is working fine
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1405 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tosyk
something is wrong with latest version:

It shows but can't export correct face

previous version (3_10_4_0) is working fine

Please upload the sim troubleshooting info.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1406 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tarhihn
Okay I have two out of three saved.

The meshes and textures in your CC are huge and it takes a long time to process them. I was able to save it with textures set on regular size but I didn't try with HQ. It's likely SimRipper is running out of memory on your system. You can try removing those slippers which look extremely high poly, and in general try to use CC that has a reasonable poly count and textures of normal HQ size.

Test Subject
#1407 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 7:28 PM
The meshes and textures in your CC are huge and it takes a long time to process them. I was able to save it with textures set on regular size but I didn't try with HQ. It's likely SimRipper is running out of memory on your system. You can try removing those slippers which look extremely high poly, and in general try to use CC that has a reasonable poly count and textures of normal HQ size.
attached
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BrettMahoney_TroubleShoot.zip (6.25 MB, 1 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1408 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tosyk
attached

It looks the same to me in SimRipper, in Blender exported from 3.11, and in Blender exported from 3.10. Maybe something happened in the rendering process.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#1409 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 9:18 PM
It looks the same to me in SimRipper, in Blender exported from 3.11, and in Blender exported from 3.10. Maybe something happened in the rendering process.

okay, thank you. I cannot reproduce the error again.
Test Subject
#1410 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 9:02 PM
Hi, I have a weird error popping up on only one outfit. I can preview and save every other outfit except for one and I don't understand why? I have the updated version of the program and have the Sim Ripper folder AND program listed on my anti-virus exception list so it's not either one of those messing with it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Here's the Error
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Pop Up Error Details.txt (6.9 KB, 5 downloads)
File Type: zip  RobinLim_TroubleShoot.zip (21.12 MB, 4 downloads)
Test Subject
#1411 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 11:30 PM
Default My ripper is not working
I've used version 2210 and had no problem. But when downloading the new update for some reason it doesn't work. Everything is alright. I don't have any mods in the game.
Need help :D
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#1412 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alexiamarcatto
I've used version 2210 and had no problem. But when downloading the new update for some reason it doesn't work. Everything is alright. I don't have any mods in the game.
Need help :D
You need to point the game installation folder, not the documents one.
Test Subject
#1413 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
You need to point the game installation folder, not the documents one.

But my game is installed in the documents folder. Not in the program files folder. It's pirate.
What can I do to move it to program files(x86)?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1414 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fadingmichael
Hi, I have a weird error popping up on only one outfit. I can preview and save every other outfit except for one and I don't understand why? I have the updated version of the program and have the Sim Ripper folder AND program listed on my anti-virus exception list so it's not either one of those messing with it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Here's the Error

At least one of the meshes the outfit is using has some funky bone assignments which caused this error. I suspect it's the hair, which incidentally is VERY high poly, takes so long to load that I took a shower while waiting and gave up when it was still working, and could also cause out of memory errors. I've put in code for the next version to ignore the error but I'd strongly recommend using another hair.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1415 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 3:31 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 31st Jan 2022 at 4:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alexiamarcatto
But my game is installed in the documents folder. Not in the program files folder. It's pirate.
What can I do to move it to program files(x86)?

Sorry, it's against site rules to help with or discuss pirated games, plus they may be set up in some way that's not compatible with SimRipper and I'm not going to try to resolve those problems.

Test Subject
#1416 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 4:51 AM
At least one of the meshes the outfit is using has some funky bone assignments which caused this error. I suspect it's the hair, which incidentally is VERY high poly, takes so long to load that I took a shower while waiting and gave up when it was still working, and could also cause out of memory errors. I've put in code for the next version to ignore the error but I'd strongly recommend using another hair.

I changed the hair and it worked! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#1417 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 2:13 AM
The only issue I'm having with this is when I'm saving my sim as a DAE. All the CC pops up, so no issue with that. But every time I try to save, it freezes my computer and I have to force shut down my computer. I know it takes a while to save but after 5 minutes it just freezes the entire computer and I can't do anything. If I could take pictures, I would, but would that make sense for this? I don't get any pop up errors. It's just the saving process that gives me a hard time
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1418 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VenusIsShe
The only issue I'm having with this is when I'm saving my sim as a DAE. All the CC pops up, so no issue with that. But every time I try to save, it freezes my computer and I have to force shut down my computer. I know it takes a while to save but after 5 minutes it just freezes the entire computer and I can't do anything. If I could take pictures, I would, but would that make sense for this? I don't get any pop up errors. It's just the saving process that gives me a hard time

If it eventually saves, for whatever reason the process on your PC is unusually slow. If the files don't save you can try saving to a different location, running as Admin, and/or making SimRipper an exception in your antivirus.

Test Subject
#1419 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 3:26 AM Last edited by VenusIsShe : 12th Feb 2022 at 6:24 AM.
If it eventually saves, for whatever reason the process on your PC is unusually slow. If the files don't save you can try saving to a different location, running as Admin, and/or making SimRipper an exception in your antivirus.

Sorry for the late reply. So a few days ago, one of the sims I tried to rip actually saved. I left the computer alone and it eventually did it. But the day after, I tried to do it on another sim and left it alone. My computer stayed stuck even into the next day. The screen was black and no matter how much I clicked, it didn’t work. Sadly, I had to force shut down. Right now, I’m trying to do this with the same sim and I’m not getting any luck. I’m not touching it and I made sure I remove the ‘timeout’ so the screen won’t turn black from no activity. It is still frozen and I’m timing it right now. It’s been doing this for 3 1/2 hours. As for the advice above, I ran it on Admin each time. Didn’t do much. Then I made it an exception. Still didn’t do much. I apologize for this complicated nonsense

Update: I finally got my sims to save less than 5 minutes! I did a little trick. While it was saving, I made sure to open up my browser and do whatever while it saved. Of course it lagged a bit, but I made sure that my cursor was moving the whole time. That way it wouldn't completely freeze the computer.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1420 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VenusIsShe
Sorry for the late reply. So a few days ago, one of the sims I tried to rip actually saved. I left the computer alone and it eventually did it. But the day after, I tried to do it on another sim and left it alone. My computer stayed stuck even into the next day. The screen was black and no matter how much I clicked, it didn’t work. Sadly, I had to force shut down. Right now, I’m trying to do this with the same sim and I’m not getting any luck. I’m not touching it and I made sure I remove the ‘timeout’ so the screen won’t turn black from no activity. It is still frozen and I’m timing it right now. It’s been doing this for 3 1/2 hours. As for the advice above, I ran it on Admin each time. Didn’t do much. Then I made it an exception. Still didn’t do much. I apologize for this complicated nonsense

Update: I finally got my sims to save less than 5 minutes! I did a little trick. While it was saving, I made sure to open up my browser and do whatever while it saved. Of course it lagged a bit, but I made sure that my cursor was moving the whole time. That way it wouldn't completely freeze the computer.

I'm glad you got it working! Sounds like your PC may be trying to sleep or hibernate when it doesn't detect any user activity. You could try checking your settings - you said you removed the timeout but maybe take another look.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1421 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 10:36 PM
2/12: TS4 SimRipper v4.02 is available on Github.

As of today, I'm no longer updating and maintaining TS4 SimRipper, and thepancake1/simmythesim has taken over the project. Please see the mod description for more information and links to downloads and support.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1422 Old 13th Feb 2022 at 6:20 AM
Thank you so much for this wonderful tool Cmar, you realy do great things! Always hope to see more from you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1423 Old 13th Feb 2022 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
Thank you so much for this wonderful tool Cmar, you realy do great things! Always hope to see more from you!

Thank you! It's been a pleasure working with you!

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#1424 Old 13th Feb 2022 at 5:34 PM
Many thanks for the wonderful tools and creations that you have provided to the community over the years. I'm also really pleased that this program has found a new owner to keep it working going forward.
Test Subject
#1425 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 7:55 PM Last edited by nikawestt : 15th Feb 2022 at 10:18 PM.
Default Please help me
Hello, can someone please help me with this issue? I just updated my sims 4 game. took the mods out and when the game updated, I put the mods back in. right after that I tried to rip my sim and all of a sudden, my sim has no face now. it was working perfectly fine before I updated the game now, I'm not sure what to do can someone please help me? I really hope someone can respond. I even tried to do a new file and its doing the same. i even tried clicking random names on the riper and those sims have no body or face. My DAE file even looks weird its purple.
Screenshots
Page 57 of 80