Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 8:32 PM Last edited by Erisa : 4th Feb 2020 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Adding more info
Default Testing for a Custom Career
Greetings.
I made a custom career which is a work in progress. I need PTO to be tested and
I made that a sims gets a bonus if they either have psychology or villainy degree. It needs to be verified too. I have some strings to customise so if something looks odd, please mention it. Sims in this career start using uniform from level 4.

I have yet to edit the daily task but the objectives are already done.
My todo list includes custom interactions and chance cards, but this is for later.
The career name is Contract Killer, and I hope it is not nsfw.

I will update when I add something new. It is my first mod, so I am a bit nervous.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Please download the file from the most recent comment, as this one is deprecated. Thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Erisaren_Contract_Killer_Career.zip (2.66 MB, 9 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 10:26 AM Last edited by Erisa : 4th Feb 2020 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Fixing a typo
New update.
I have edited the wage and the schedule so it fits the context. You earn a bit more than base careers but you also work more.
For now, I am working on custom interactions. I could only inject one out of many (5). Those are what will be used for work from home tasks. They are not included in this version.

I just want a technical test for now, to see if there is a string missing or if something is stuck in the career. Otherwise, this should be okay as a normal career without the cool stuff like work at home. I checked the levels, they are working and the branching are okay.

You are supposed to get an invitation to join the career if you either have a good or a bad reputation. It is pretty random so it is hard to test.
If you have psychology or villain degree, you should be able to have bonus based on the grade.
If nothing is broken.

I think it is all for now. So next time, I will update with new interactions and pie menus. Pie menus are sorted out, so it leaves interactions. The outfits don't work so don't mind them. I am still thinking about how to use some EA outfits. Some outfits I like seem to have to be unlocked first... I hope no.
I don't understand how the Daily tasks work, so I will remove them. Disregard those being displayed.

I have sent a new file and some pictures so you have an idea.
I think it is wiser to put promotion tasks on last levels, so they don't look so empty.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Erisaren_ContractKiller.zip (2.69 MB, 6 downloads)