Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#76 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 5:59 PM
I tried forever to get the 'paradox child'... finally I sent my two sims to try for baby (about a million times) and they came back with a teenage daughter. In medieval garb! Then, I did it again to see if it would result in a child... another teenage daughter in medieval garb. One was blonde, one redhead. Both were the 'child' of both my sims. Has anyone managed to get a child, toddler or baby?

I guess it should be noted, that THIS female sim (the mother of the Time machine Twins..LOL) was herself from the time machine and has only one parent. Maybe that gives you an edge for having more? Don't know.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#77 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:59 AM
I'm not touching the time machine unless someone manages to mod it so your sim can't come back dead, mummified or otherwise altered drastically or with paradox children. I like the idea of coming back with random items or with the different period clothes, but I just don't want my sim changed that much or a sim to have kids unless I want them to. I'm a super control freak when it comes to my sims, which is why I play with story progression turned off.
Scholar
#78 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:08 AM
I had my first child from the past today. :-D She's a lovely mix of her mother and father, and came back in the early stages of Young Adult-hood. One thing that did amuse me was her name was Kyle - I assume it's EA's way of spelling Kylie. The amusing part however, is that for a moment I thought that a glitch had turned one of the already present relatives from male to female - her great-uncle is called Kyle. I was rather relieved when after all that, it turned out it was time travel and not gender swapping.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 2:42 PM
I basically just wasted an entire day on time travelling, but there's just no chance of my Sim getting a kid. Can single Sims even get a kid by time travelling or does (s)he have to have a relationship?
Instructor
#80 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 3:39 PM
My husband's sim is single and has aquired 4 paradox children total from going in the past and in the future so I don't think it matters. Everytime he was about to go make his sim a girlfriend in CAS, he'd come back with one more kid. Now his house is full lol because he has 2 bots also from the LTR and built one.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 6:56 PM
Ok at this point I'm wondering whether it's because my Sim is an elder. I've been trying for sooo long to get a paradox child.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
I had my first child from the past today. :-D She's a lovely mix of her mother and father, and came back in the early stages of Young Adult-hood. One thing that did amuse me was her name was Kyle - I assume it's EA's way of spelling Kylie. The amusing part however, is that for a moment I thought that a glitch had turned one of the already present relatives from male to female - her great-uncle is called Kyle. I was rather relieved when after all that, it turned out it was time travel and not gender swapping.

Well that's awkward isn't it?...

How do you get a time machine 1st of all? and also, directly from Sims Wiki. This might solve some questions:

Quote: Originally posted by Sims Wiki
Occasionally, traveling to the past will result in a message about the Sim using the machine having saved a child in front of his or her past self. This results in a new child being added to the household.
Eminence Grise
#83 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
How do you get a time machine 1st of all?

Inventing -- it's a level 7 item, I think.

You may be able to buy em in the consignment store too, and there's always BuyDebug mode
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:20 PM
My Sim's life is turning into a bit of a comedy show now :p. I must've tried travelling back and forth through time a hundred times now, but no child. But what I do have is my Elderly Sim in his Dragon Age armor watching romantic movies with the ghost of his dead Simbot.

Edit: words dont do it justice :p
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk...6458281-960.jpg
Eminence Grise
#85 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:28 PM
Awww, how sad!

My elderly inventor had the opposite problem... with two simbots and a mummy (which he needed for his LTW) and his paradox daughter and her boyfriend in the house, the place (Juan Darer's old shack) just got too crowded. Even with the huge basement I built for the monsters

So I kicked out the Simbots (boy and girl) to one household, and moved out the daughter and her "friend" to another. Leaving the elderly inventor (in his future suit) alone with his Mummy, lol. However the mummy's a sculptor, so they should get along fine

Planning to switch households now, but can't decide whether to play the Simbots or the paradox daughter, who's a firefighter!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Awww, how sad!

My elderly inventor had the opposite problem... with two simbots and a mummy (which he needed for his LTW) and his paradox daughter and her boyfriend in the house, the place (Juan Darer's old shack) just got too crowded. Even with the huge basement I built for the monsters

So I kicked out the Simbots (boy and girl) to one household, and moved out the daughter and her "friend" to another. Leaving the elderly inventor (in his future suit) alone with his Mummy, lol. However the mummy's a sculptor, so they should get along fine

Planning to switch households now, but can't decide whether to play the Simbots or the paradox daughter, who's a firefighter!
Could you perhaps shed some light on under what circumstances you got the paradox child? Maybe there's just a trigger I'm missing.

Edit: I've had to make Ambrosia now because my Sim went though all of his elderly stage without getting a paradox child :s.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:27 AM
Arcadus -- I feel your pain, no paradox child happening for me either, and I've tried many times. Perhaps it's trait related?

(BTW -- I thought your picture was adorable ... only in the Sims )
Eminence Grise
#88 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:33 AM
Eh, was just one of several trips to the past. He had the event where he rescued an orphan, or something like that. She popped out of the machine as a child.

I don't think there's a trigger. Just the random number generator doing what they do
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:09 AM
This is the same with me. I had to go through many times, but I play on Epic lifespan usually. Eventually the kid popped out. I often just get weird items, money or clothing though.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:17 AM
I made the mistake of having my two sims woohoo in the time machine three times, and every other day guess what happened..?
Another 'kid' of theirs would pop out! One teenager, and two Elders! xD
I moved the elders out though, there were too many people in the house with them.
Instructor
#91 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:16 PM
I just got my first paradox child last night. My sim Liam took a trip to the past and came back with a girl named Cortney. I wasn't really expecting it or going for it since he already had 4 kids, two children and two toddlers so he pretty much had his hands full already.

Here's a picture of her

Feel free to call me Squash

Lab Assistant
#92 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims Wiki
Occasionally, traveling to the past will result in a message about the Sim using the machine having saved a child in front of his or her past self. This results in a new child being added to the household.

Well, I won't debate the existence of that particular message, but that's certainly not the message that I got.

Also, some facts about my Paradox Child encounter that might help you all:

-Duamutef, the father, was single. In fact, I think he had met all of three people at the time (a welcoming party that had invaded his house, lol, I forced him to say a polite "hi" to them all before shooing them off his property).

-At the time, I think I had his motives static. I was expecting to have to go into the time machine a lot to get the kid, and I didn't want to have to take any breaks for repairing motives, but then it happened on my first go. (/shrug) So if motives have anything to do with it, then I probably gave myself a better chance there.

-I have never "tried for baby" in the Time Machine personally, since most of my Sims are single. xD; Sorry, can't help there.

-As far as traits go, let me see here. Duamutef had Clumsy, Loner, Unlucky, Artistic, and Savvy Sculptor.

Dunno if any of that helps, but it's information at least.
Instructor
#93 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:46 PM
I read the post about "trying for baby" then going in the machine and it worked for me. I had my sim try for baby with his girlfriend in the past, then I had him go into the past. When he came out the machine broke, as soon as he fixed it the doors opened and a teenaged caveman ran out saying that his parents left him in a cave.
He was a mixture of his mom and dad and had a complete family tree of the rest of his family members that related to his parents. I tried it again a couple of times afterwards, but no other paradox kids occurred.
Don't know if it matters, but I did this in Egypt.
Test Subject
#94 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 9:26 AM
I got my first Paradox child yesterday. I had my sims try for baby in the past and a couple of hours later they had a teenage girl in medievil clothing. Great if you don't want to have to bother with aging up the children.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 12:46 PM
I try very hard to have a paradox child (I mean , I make my Inventor she-Sim tries ) and I haven't succeeded so far.

But I have stange things happening in my neighborhood. I'd like to know if some of you have witnessed similar behaviors.

This sim has travelled +- 30 times in the past (question: can you have a "cloned" child when travelling the to future?) and has never come back with a child so far. But several times, she received a message indicating that something in the timeline might have been changed. After those travels, new families moved in the hood and she was already friends with them. (They are not at all related to her, I've checked).

Those families seem to be sims she helped in the past, and the tweak in the timeline just means they changed era IMO.
Have you seen this happening in your game? is it normal game behavior?

I must say that I play currently with Awesomemod, so my question is also to know if this happens in unmodded game or not.
Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bellatrixclovis
Those families seem to be sims she helped in the past, and the tweak in the timeline just means they changed era IMO.
Have you seen this happening in your game? is it normal game behavior?

Yes it's normal without mods, I play without awesomemod (don't kill me pes) and this happens to my sims.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
Yes it's normal without mods, I play without awesomemod (don't kill me pes) and this happens to my sims.

Thank you Simbalena for your answer.

But that's a bit frightening. I have at least 6 new families brought back from the past so far. This time machine might very well trigger some demographic explosion!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:29 PM Last edited by kerryanne13 : 21st Jun 2010 at 2:31 PM. Reason: typo
Got my first paradox child! She looks just like her mommy (Anastasia). Anyway, this is the second child born to Ana in my sudden death Legacy. The first one didn't count because it was one of those random births in China as the father died and apparently the two of them fell in love and had... Dan Dan .... and then daddy died leaving Ana heart broken for most the trip. I had thought after she was through with the crying, that she'd go and pick up her daughter, only to find that Dan Dan had died! Don't know how, can't find a tombstone and it wasn't at the cemetery. That really bummed me out Ana came home and I decided to toss her into the time machine, seeing that she's brave like her founder mother and inventor of the fourth dimension or whatever it is, Lily and ker-pow! She came back with a little girl named Bethany, which fit into my alphabetical idea for the naming of the generations.

I think it's completely random, the founder had gone on a ton of trips, and never had a kid, but Ana just went once and that's all it took.
Test Subject
#99 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 6:08 PM Last edited by ligia_pl : 21st Jun 2010 at 6:27 PM.
Well, my Sim travelled in the past for a couple of times and, one day, she came back with a boy named "Noele" (kinda weird, 'cause in Brazil that's a name for girls). He's only related to her, not to her husband.
Then, I made she and her husband try for baby in the past and, the next day, a woman in medieval gown showed up, complaining about being left in a cave... She is both my Sim and her husband's daughter.
Strange thing is she is the same age as her parents!

Oh, and my Sim also made some new families move to town, just like you, bellatrixclovis!

EDITING - PHOTOS:

- This is my Sim's son, Noele (although he looked like a girl when he came out of the Time Machine):
http://yfrog.com/0uscreenshot87ij

- And this is the daughter I got from trying to have a baby in the past. Her name is Marianna:
http://yfrog.com/50screenshot90rj
Test Subject
#100 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 6:30 PM
What this is is when only in the past your sim probably in what i think comes up upon a fight between them and a past lover. But because ur sim heals the fight your sim and the lover spawna child. But because it is a mysterious lover then the child is only related to the sim who time travelled. Almost similair to adopting but more likely a clone because the child only has one genetic pool meanwhile adopting is a random choice.

Theres no half-singing in the shower, your either a rock star or an opera diva.

Theres no half-trying in Sims, your either a Newbie or a experinced player

SiMs FoReVeR
<3 <3 <3
Page 4 of 6