Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:04 PM
Now, to come up with things that haven't been mentioned...

I can't stand the awkward lot sizes that many of the (mostly commercial) lots come with now. When I first started building worlds with CAW, I read somewhere that it was the best practice to make sure I always made my lot sizes in multiples of five (like 30 x 35, 50 x 50, etc. 64 x 64 was an obvious exception.) At first, that turned out to be great advice, since it made it easier to fit houses and commercial lots into the empty lots. However, it seems that sometime around Late Night, someone at EA decided, "You know what? I want this building to go onto a lot sized 57 x 33. I could easily round that up to 60 x 35, or down to 55 x 30, but that's just not awkward enough. I want 57 x 33 and I don't care if that means it will be incredible difficult for players to find a lot that can fit it! Too bad for them if they can't!" Throughout the next few EPs, others at EA thought, "Hey yeah! I don't want to adjust my lot size for user-convenience. I'm going to use random numbers, too!" Until eventually everyone was doing it. I can't stand going through the list of buildings to place, just to find that each of them has completely random numbers for their lot size. Really? You guys couldn't just make it simple? I'm constantly finding that if only a lot was wider by 2 squares on one side, that a building could fit. 2! Seriously, why?! If you're used to building a world, it takes next to no effort to ensure your lots are all easy numbers. I'm able to do it every time, and I've had no actual training! There is no excuse for such sloppiness!

Showtime also seems to have borked some things up. For one, there seems to be a random jingle (like Simfest music) happening almost constantly, even if my sims are doing nothing, at any hour, in every neighborhood (even on vacation! Do Simfests even happen there?!) It sometimes happens up to four times in a row and I have no idea what it's from (no alerts come up or anything.)

It also seems that someone who coded Showtime didn't understand that you can only have one LTW at a time. Ever since installing it, children and teens that already have LTWs are rolling LTWs to become acrobats and singers. Hello? He already decided that he wants Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous. He decided that before this EP came out. I can't remove it. Why are you still coming up?

There are also tons of other glitches. The most annoying one for me (right now) being the one that randomly teleports pets. I regularly have to reset cats because they get teleported into the ocean, way off beyond the corner of my playable map... again. I also built a house with high security (I thought) where only one sim could walk through the gates outside... Yet, after playing for a bit, I found one of the dogs almost starving. Why? Somehow he got beyond the gate... and now he can't get back in. WTF!? My sim hasn't even left the house all day. How in the world did the dog get passed the locked gate?!

I know it's been said, but I really miss aliens. It's nice they threw us a bone by allowing us to have green/blue/red skin, but if they really cared, they could've given us at least one premade sim that looked like an alien. Aliens were default in the last game, but I have to actually design them from scratch now? Without even a template via ONE pre-made alien sim in the sim bin? Sigh...

I could also rant on and on about some of the Traits we're allowed to choose from. So are Dramatic sims good actors?... No?... Really? That doesn't make much sense. And Daredevils, ooh, I'm sure they walk on the wild side all the time!... Wait, they only have one unique interaction?... and that's it?... then they just add the description "Extreme" to every boring thing they do after that? What's even the point anymore?

Wow. I just recovered this username after nearly four years of this account being inaccessible... Oh happy day!
(Btw, PsychoKatie and Psycho_Katie = same person. A site-wide glitch messed up accounts four years ago and I had to remake one...)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#302 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:28 PM
THE GRAPHICS ARE AWFUL, TRYING TO GET CC INTO THE GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE, BUGS, CUSTOMASTION ON SIMS IS HARDER TO MAKE YOUR SIMS LOOK NICE AND NOT ALLOWING US TO MAKE HOODS IN THE GAME INSTEAD BUYING A PROGRAM TO DO IT!!

passive angry rant

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
#303 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:33 PM
Not being able to make your own worlds! Faces being ugly! Damn ugly clothes for Sims! Nothing nice about it at all! I mean i have sims 3 only and i don't think you can swim in the sea can you?

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Scholar
#304 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
THE GRAPHICS ARE AWFUL, TRYING TO GET CC INTO THE GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE, BUGS, CUSTOMASTION ON SIMS IS HARDER TO MAKE YOUR SIMS LOOK NICE AND NOT ALLOWING US TO MAKE HOODS IN THE GAME INSTEAD BUYING A PROGRAM TO DO IT!!

passive angry rant

ok but CAW is free...
Top Secret Researcher
#305 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:37 PM
I thought you had to pay for it and it did'nt work on my computer for some stranage reason do you know why?

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#306 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 9:15 PM
no its free....i used it last year to make a world....i do know that you have to have the latest patch...and fresh download(of CAW) for it to work...but
CAW and CAP are free....
Field Researcher
#307 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Hopefully aliens will be in Seasons and oh yeah, I forgot about impressing the headmaster! I also wish we had that back.
Unfortunately I don't think we're going to see anymore open for business like EPs, which is such a shame. I loved OFB. Ambitions was a bit of a fail

Yes Yes along with plant sims unfortunately knowing EA we wont get it . I loathe the headmasters my simmie spent all day cooking the perfect meal,only for BJ headmaster to pull up look at the house and leave.Then my simmie wasn't having that she called the school immediately luckily they sent Vince over instead.OFB was awesome ambitions just didn't do it for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#308 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
no its free....i used it last year to make a world....i do know that you have to have the latest patch...and fresh download(of CAW) for it to work...but
CAW and CAP are free....

Thank you for telling me

Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#309 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 11:01 PM
Skimmed through and didn't see this mentioned: the repulsively ugly facial animations and body shape for elders. I love my sims and even when they're elder, I'd like them not to turn into grimacing goons. Even if I can manage to make a semi-decent looking elder for my several generation family, once they make that stupid smile, they become hideous. Boo!
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 11:26 PM
For me the biggest mistake was to introduce beautiful sunset valley with the gorgeous beach that you can only fish in. I mean you see the sand and the crashing waves but all you can do is look . For me that is beyond irriating seeing that we are into the 7th ep with two beach type worlds and still the ocean is pointless.
Test Subject
#311 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 3:34 AM
I know it has been mentioned, but... holy poop on a stick, do those kids look stiff, ugly and blocky! It's practically impossible to make a good-looking sim child, especially if you expect said child to age up, looking somewhat human. And what is it with all the teens looking as if they're constantly sleep deprived? Their bottom jaws also look kinda funny, but luckily, we now have the option - with testing cheats, of course - to alter their faces some as they age up, so they don't need to look like walking scarecrows.

So here's my list of things I hate in The Sims 3:

1. The lack of humor - TS1 and TS2 had features about them that had me and my best friend falling off our chairs in laughter. Granted, I was a bit younger back then, but the old games still seem funnier, even now.
2. The ugly sims - can't get over this.
3. Not being able to delete custom content in-game, which was possible in TS2. Come on, we've all had the ugly vampire shirt and naked bottoms that make our toddlers and children look like monsters. Luckily, I recently managed to get rid of it.
4. The big stage in building mode. Late Night introduced the small stage, which I was very happy about, but I still can't make awesome stair designs without lots of 'constrainfloorelevation' and terrain leveling... It really upsets me, because building houses is my favorite part of the game. I want the big stage back.
5. Limited stair designs in general. I wish it was possible to make the stairs go diagonally without building the whole house like that.
6. The lack of life in the sims. They just remind me of robots walking about half the time...
7. The randomly spawned stray and adoptable pets... Good Lord, there are a lot of strange looking cats and dogs out there. Whenever I want to adopt a new pet, the choice is very limited, and I usually end up with a very odd puppy/kitten, though I usually change them with cheats when they age up.
8. Only one playable household at a time... It makes me feel so much less in control of my neighborhood.
9. The vampire virus... It slowly spreads until all your friends are vampires and can't come over to your house because they burn in the sunlight. Luckily, I found a wonderful mod for this.
10. The countless bugs and glitches. Instead of fixing the problems, EA insist on pumping out new expansion and stuff packs with more useless crap that merely cause more problems during game play.
11. No underwear category? Sure, you can wear underwear as your sleepwear, but I kind of miss customizing underwear...
12. Not being able to put a one-tile door/window between two walls. As a builder, this annoys me so much.
13. Being able to slide up and down pictures and other wall decorations, but not curtains.
14. Grounded teenagers have to sneak out of the house to go to school. Seriously, what? And the worst part is when they get stuck like that, and resetsim doesn't help...

I'm sure there's plenty more, but this is all I could think off the top of my head.
Test Subject
#312 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 4:15 AM
Custom content is limited... NO!
Im almost sure I think they messed up most on this:

NO custom radio stations, NO custom TV videos, NO custom wall/floor layout masks (y'know, the molding,trim, extra patterns), and NO custom ground-cover(Homecrafter, why did you have to go? ).

Also, as someone said, it's hard to install mods because EA constantly releases stupid patches.

PS: I hope they add custom TV video replacement, but knowing EA, they probably won't. At least we have custom worlds! (Yay CAW! )

Well, at least I can return back to Sims 2 to add custom videos and make sims watch them. Time to make sims play Doom!

Visit my website: Xane.com, please! This is Xane123, signing off!
Field Researcher
#313 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 10:44 PM
not having real restaurants until now.. that's just... unexplainable!
Top Secret Researcher
#314 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xane123
Im almost sure I think they messed up most on this:

NO custom radio stations, NO custom TV videos, NO custom wall/floor layout masks (y'know, the molding,trim, extra patterns), and NO custom ground-cover(Homecrafter, why did you have to go? ).

Also, as someone said, it's hard to install mods because EA constantly releases stupid patches.

PS: I hope they add custom TV video replacement, but knowing EA, they probably won't. At least we have custom worlds! (Yay CAW! )

Well, at least I can return back to Sims 2 to add custom videos and make sims watch them. Time to make sims play Doom!

There IS a custom radio station. If you have Generations, sims can play videos from the video camera on the TV.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Page 13 of 13