Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Set - DIY

by armiel Posted 9th Feb 2012 at 1:41 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2012 at 12:30 PM by armiel

347 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 156 Feedback Posts, 190 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 14
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:27 PM
I have to agree with Morphead, you are a genius! This set is absolutely amazing.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:34 PM
O M G. this will revolutionize the way i decorate ALL my rooms! ive have been really needing something like this, and this is better than i could have hoped for!! 10 thousand thank yous!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:35 PM
incredibly incredible! I'm speechless! thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:43 PM
Have spent two weeks looking for just this type of thing for a project i'm doing, and here it is! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 5:26 PM
Great idea. Glad I watched the video because I'm not sure how written instructions could cover such a versatile system. Your English is great and very clear, by the way.

I'm just about to start working on some laboratories and this set will give me just the flexibility I need.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 5:39 PM
You're a goddess.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 5:48 PM
Wow! This is just incredible! Thank you!
Silly question: Even though everything is split between misc. storage and counters, is there a collection file at all?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shanna86
Wow! This is just incredible! Thank you!
Silly question: Even though everything is split between misc. storage and counters, is there a collection file at all?
No collection file - cause everything is just in two locations
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 6:29 PM
OMG!! I'm literally shocked at how ....OMG!!!....how awesome this is. Now it's gonna take me forever to build my home - b/c of your awesome work - I have endless choices and decisions to make on how I want to create my cabinet works through out my house, not just the kitchen, but from what I've seen, the laundry room, bedrooms, livingrooms etc .... OMG!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 6:39 PM
ohmygod. are you serious? THESE ARE AMAZING!!! Seriously, I am going to play with these right now! Thanks Armiel!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#36 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 6:59 PM
Wow! Great job, armiel!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 7:11 PM
Wow!!!! I..I..I have no other words, just WOW!!! Oh and this is freakin' a-MAY-zing!!!! Thank you!
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 7:22 PM
I have a little problem. I tried to drag a custom color onto the door frame for a counter but missed it and clicked the glass by mistake. Now I'm getting the message "The current style is invalid. Please select a new style before continuing." and an arrow is pointing to the custom content icon. I can't seem to click my way out of the create a style window. Am I doomed to exit the game without saving or is there a way to get out of the CAS screen?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 7:25 PM
What an amazing set you´ve done for us!!! Wow, so stunning. Such hard work and that´s for us!!! ABSOLUTLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A ton of thanks to your!!!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by b_sugar
I have a little problem. I tried to drag a custom color onto the door frame for a counter but missed it and clicked the glass by mistake. Now I'm getting the message "The current style is invalid. Please select a new style before continuing." and an arrow is pointing to the custom content icon. I can't seem to click my way out of the create a style window. Am I doomed to exit the game without saving or is there a way to get out of the CAS screen?
Just click another item with the CAST tool The glass doesn't have CASTable channels - so the game gives such warning.
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Just click another item with the CAST tool The glass doesn't have CASTable channels - so the game gives such warning.

Hm that doesn't seem to be working. I clicked on some stuff (my mouse still has the CAS icon), but it only shows the weird starry animation that comes when clicking an object for CAS. The screen doesn't change though. It seems to be frozen. The smaller "Choose Material to Replace" screen is visible, but the larger CAS screen is grayed out in the background and won't "come back" so to say after clicking an object.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by b_sugar
Hm that doesn't seem to be working. I clicked on some stuff (my mouse still has the CAS icon), but it only shows the weird starry animation that comes when clicking an object for CAS. The screen doesn't change though. It seems to be frozen. The smaller "Choose Material to Replace" screen is visible, but the larger CAS screen is grayed out in the background and won't "come back" so to say after clicking an object.
Let me try to recreate that situation - I did have it happen many times when testing the objects, easy to slip the cast to the glass. I'll report my results back very soon. ETA: Would you happen to remember what size glass object it is?
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:07 PM
Let me try to recreate that situation - I did have it happen many times when testing the objects, easy to slip the cast to the glass. I'll report my results back very soon. ETA: Would you happen to remember what size glass object it is?

Thank you. =) It was the glass in your written tutorial for the counter, the DIY Framed Glass Counter Full.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:11 PM Last edited by armiel : 9th Feb 2012 at 8:15 PM. Reason: better English, lol
b_sugar, I tried with every one of the glass objects, and I got the same notice. But I could also simply click on the next object, and also click yes on the CAST screen to accept my changes. I could also swap between object types, from glass to wall, to floor to back to glass and so on.

So you can't click ok to exit CAST screen, or swap to another object by clicking on it? If this is the case then I'm afraid your game glitched. I don't know why though, as none of my many testers reported such issues.
Test Subject
#45 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:15 PM
b_sugar, I tried with every one of the glass objects, and I got the same notice. But I could also simply click on the next object, and also click yes on the CAST screen to accept my changes. I could also swap between object types, from glass to wall, to floor to back to glass and so on.

So you can't click ok to exit CAST screen, or swap to another object by clicking on it? If this is the case then I'm afraid your game glitched. I don't know why though, as any of my testers did not report such issues.

I was afraid to hear that. I'm not too surprised though, since my game is loaded with mods and cc, and has been slugging for a while. Thanks for testing it out, though. I'll still be using the set. I'll just be extra careful next time not to click on the glass.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:18 PM
Alright, thank you b_sugar for reporting the issue, it's good to have it on the FAQ. I'm saddened that the game did glitch for you, hopefully you don't run into it anymore. You could try avoiding it by adding the glasses as the very lasts objects, after casting. And you can also take the glass off for the time you use cast - move it on floor for example. Then when you have casted the other objects, just move the glass back in
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:30 PM
These are fabulous and beautifully made. But my question is - and it's a stupid one at that - have they been play tested? I hope I don't offend you by asking that, I'm sure you've tested them, it's just that the last time I downloaded a cupboard set, I'm not entirely sure their creator tested them in live mode. They looked nice, but having them above the stove or fridge as they were meant to be used, I had routing issues where my Sims were unable to use the objects that these cupboards were placed above. Once I removed the cupboards, or put EA cupboards above the stove or fridge or counter, the issues were resolved.
Just wanted to throw that question out there before I download I'd hate to get all excited about this set and then find out for some reason I can't use it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:35 PM
Love this set already...so many possibilities!
Test Subject
#49 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:38 PM
Alright, thank you b_sugar for reporting the issue, it's good to have it on the FAQ. I'm saddened that the game did glitch for you, hopefully you don't run into it anymore. You could try avoiding it by adding the glasses as the very lasts objects, after casting. And you can also take the glass off for the time you use cast - move it on floor for example. Then when you have casted the other objects, just move the glass back in

Duh. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks a lot for the tip and great support. =)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Punkface
These are fabulous and beautifully made. But my question is - and it's a stupid one at that - have they been play tested? I hope I don't offend you by asking that, I'm sure you've tested them, it's just that the last time I downloaded a cupboard set, I'm not entirely sure their creator tested them in live mode. They looked nice, but having them above the stove or fridge as they were meant to be used, I had routing issues where my Sims were unable to use the objects that these cupboards were placed above. Once I removed the cupboards, or put EA cupboards above the stove or fridge or counter, the issues were resolved.
Just wanted to throw that question out there before I download I'd hate to get all excited about this set and then find out for some reason I can't use it.

These have indeed been playtested - by me, and also by lee, missroxor, jag and pdawg (pharaoh). I think I mention testing in the posts too, but of course there is such a wall of text that it can be easily missed. To my knowledge, a high number of combos on what you can do with these allows sims still to cook. But if you run into a combo that does not work, please post a pic and object names - I'll fix the objects in question (if you place large clutter too close to counter top, bottom side or top, they can't cook - it intersects the slot. This is something that would have to be globally fixed by a script mod (I asked Buzz))
Page 2 of 14