Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 2:53 PM
Default Texture seems to be too big for the model?
Here's what the cupcakes look like in S4S at full size:

However in the game I run into this issue, the further I zoom away, more glicthy it looks (excuse the small pictures there's no way of showing it closer up as the closer you get the less glitchy it is):

Properly zoomed in is kind of as intended. But I wanted to remove the problems with zooming out here. Does anyone know what could be causing it?

It looks "OK" if you shrink the image to 64x64 pixels but this (unsurprisingly) looks bad.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 8:49 PM
Did you make sure to enable mipmaps when you saved your texture if you saved it as DDS?
If you used PNG did you make sure your image was in the correct dimensions? They must be in a power of 2. So 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc. Just a single pixel out and it can cause display issues.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Did you make sure to enable mipmaps when you saved your texture if you saved it as DDS?
If you used PNG did you make sure your image was in the correct dimensions? They must be in a power of 2. So 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc. Just a single pixel out and it can cause display issues.

Thank you so much, I didn't realise at all, it was 500x500, I resized it to 512x512 and it looks great now. You're a life saver!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 3:17 PM
I'm glad I could help and that it was an easy fix.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I'm glad I could help and that it was an easy fix.

Me too, thanks again, I'll shout you out for helping me in the post :D