Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Perfidia **UPDATED 6/8/09**

by jenba Posted 7th Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM - Updated 8th Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM by jenba : Updating info & upload

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:03 AM
OMG i luv this house... the kitchen looks great... and the layout perfect!!!!!
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:16 AM
K figured out what happened with the lot size issue. I had moved it onto a 40x40 lot and then copied that lot after removing some furnishings. Placing it on a 40x40 will give it the large slope in the front of the house.

The lot is raised in the front on the 30x40 by one square which isn't the most aesthetically pleasing, however the house itself is absolutely gorgeous and your time and attention to detail are much appreciated. Can't wait to move my sims in! Thank you! I hope my self-created issue didn't keep you up scratching your head. Still getting the hang of the new town interface.

If I have learned anything from my SIMS family: When a child doesn't see his father enough he starts to jump up and down, then his mood level will drop until he pees himself. -Liz Lemon
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xx_pinkster_xx
K figured out what happened with the lot size issue. I had moved it onto a 40x40 lot and then copied that lot after removing some furnishings. Placing it on a 40x40 will give it the large slope in the front of the house.

The lot is raised in the front on the 30x40 by one square which isn't the most aesthetically pleasing, however the house itself is absolutely gorgeous and your time and attention to detail are much appreciated. Can't wait to move my sims in! Thank you! I hope my self-created issue didn't keep you up scratching your head. Still getting the hang of the new town interface.

I'm still getting the hang of the new interface, too, so no worries! I was testing the lot just now and noticed that the game let me place it on a 40 x 40, but leaves a large gap between the placed lot and the front edge of the actual lot (just as you mentioned above). It's strange that the game will even let us attempt to place lots that don't match the destination size.

The 1-tile slope in the front still has me puzzled. I downloaded my lot and placed it on several spots. The 1-tile slope appeared on every single one and goes around the entire lot. It happens even when I place it on the spot where it was built!

But when I move my old (pre-packaged) lot around to different spots, I don't have that problem. Is it possible something could have gotten glitched when I packaged it? Now that's a headscratcher.

Also, now the lot says it's a 30 x 40, which is odd, because I KNOW it said 40 x 30 before I zipped it up! (I even wrote it down. :-p)

Anyway, my apologies to anyone who is having trouble with this lot. I certainly didn't intend to frustrate anyone!
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:51 AM
I too have the one tiled slope. Very weird. Your house is the first I've downloaded so I will experiment tonight with some others and see if it's an isolated problem.
The house is beautiful though.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:16 AM
Absolutely Beautiful I hope it works!
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:11 PM
This house looks just like my real life house! I can't wait to get it in game and place my real life sim family in there. *thinks* now if only I knew how to do that. Off to try it out. Thank you so so much! I look forward to more houses by you.
Instructor
#32 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:35 PM
This is exactly the kind of house I love! Well done and thanks for sharing

^_^
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:42 PM
okay... im new to this so please bear with me... I really like this house but dont know how to download it. is it the same asthe sims 2 where you just save it to the downloads file and use q express installer or do you have to do something totally different? reply to this or messge me with the answer pleas. thank you. and thanks for the house! awesome job!

We enjoy warmth because we have been cold. We appreciate light because we have been in darkness. By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:21 PM
Default Adding info
To those who were having trouble with the lot: I think I've fixed the slope problem! I've repackaged and re-uploaded the file. Please let me know if you still have issues with it.

Also, I recommend placing the lot on a 40 x 30 space. It doesn't work so well on a 40 x 40 (or a 30 x 40).

Quote: Originally posted by freakinawesomedude13
okay... im new to this so please bear with me... I really like this house but dont know how to download it. is it the same asthe sims 2 where you just save it to the downloads file and use q express installer or do you have to do something totally different? reply to this or messge me with the answer pleas. thank you. and thanks for the house! awesome job!

As far as I know, all you have to do is save it to your computer, somewhere you can find it. Unzip it and double-click on the Perfidia2.Sims3Pack file. It will open your Sims 3 launcher and install the house. Hope that works.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:28 PM
Thank you hun! You're the best!

If I have learned anything from my SIMS family: When a child doesn't see his father enough he starts to jump up and down, then his mood level will drop until he pees himself. -Liz Lemon
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 11:54 PM
thanks jenba... you're awesome!

We enjoy warmth because we have been cold. We appreciate light because we have been in darkness. By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness.
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM Last edited by Kethwyn : 9th Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: can't spell *der*
Woo! Thank you for getting things sorted out with the lot so quickly Jenba! I fell in love with it from the first screenshots, and now my simmies can enjoy it as well. I just installed it in a test version of Riverview and I can confirm there were no slope issues with the lot. *scampers off now to find the perfect spot in Sunset Valley to put it*
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM
Yay! Thanks for fixing it!
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:54 AM
Very well proportioned, realistic and beautiful. One of the best Sims 3 houses I've seen yet! Great Job!
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 3:58 AM
thank you. the house looks great.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:22 AM
I have become a lot more picky of the houses that I will download, and this one is a must have.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Inventor
#42 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:49 PM
I second that. I am going to play the maxis neighbourhood houses first, but when I go on to custom lots I will use this house for sure! It looks so cute and perfect - thanks!

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:03 PM
Simply stunning

More Power !!!
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 7:32 PM
Much better!! This is possibly the best house I've seen to date, and that's including the ones from Sims 2. There is one thing about the Sims 3 driveways, or rather parking spaces, I don't like, that stripped stopper. It would be nice to have a version without that for driveways and garages. Anyways, thanks for fixing this house!!!
Test Subject
#45 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:19 PM
Hi! I left another comment on the Charles--How do you access downloaded houses on TS3?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:53 PM
Hi bubbly384, I left you a response on the Charles thread.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 12:08 AM
Wow, it's absolutely lovely! Thank you for your hard work!

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:04 PM
I tried downloading it, but it keeps saying "unexpected end of archive" and I've done it multiple times

Chicken Scratch
Test Subject
#49 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:49 AM
Thank you! I've wanted to put more traditional houses in my game, but most of the ones I've found have spent tons of time on the outside, and the layouts are no good. You made one that is both! Great job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentApprentice
I tried downloading it, but it keeps saying "unexpected end of archive" and I've done it multiple times

I've had that issue when downloading other files, and I'm not sure why it happens. After doing a search around the web, I've come up with some possible solutions:

1. Delete the file and try downloading it again on a different day.
2. Clear your browser cache, shut down your browser, re-open your browser and re-try the download.

If you've already tried all that, then I'm not sure what to tell you! But if you're still having issues, send me a PM and I'll just send you the house myself.
Page 2 of 3