Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 9:35 AM
Create a matrilineal magic family (loosely based on a family I had in TS2) with grat-grandma as a ghost. No definite plans, but there's going to be great-grandma, grandma, mother, aunt, and two daughters.

(Half the reason I'm looking forward to SPN is the ability to create supernaturals in CAS -- no waiting around to find the right sim to turn mine. I'm also curious about having my first playable ghost.)
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 2:18 PM
Well, to be honest, even if I were actually getting Supernatural, I would not have any time to play it.

Either way, my 'plans' are to start waiting for the Seasons information to start really flooding out, as thank goodness they won't have to focus on SN anymore. I'm sick and tired of SN. Although honestly I was sick and tired of it the first second I saw it. It's the lamest thing ever, IMO. But I'll leave it at that since I'm getting Seasons and don't have to wait as long as I originally thought I was going to have to.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#28 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 2:43 PM
I'll be waiting for it to go on sale on Amazon. So while you guys are off enjoying whatever expansion pack comes after Seasons, I will be opening up my "brand new" copy of Supernatural -- unless Amazon screws up and puts the wrong EP on sale the way they did with SHT for a few hours after it was released (19.99 the day it came out!) Then I'll be making fairies all over the place.
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 5:58 PM
I have a neighborhood called "Bon Temps" that I stick all my 'supernatural' Sims in -- at the moment, _I_ know which ones are werewolves and which ones are witches, but soon the game will know too. I tend to stick all of my sci-fi/paranormal character Sims into that 'hood, so it should be something of a hoot when it gets all sparkly and weird.

I also have a Zombie Apocalypse 'hood that I started a while back. It's all decorated and nice, but I got a bit bored with it when all they did was farm. Should be a lot more fun once actual zombies are able to roam around.

And weirdly, I am super excited for beekeeping. Is that weird? It seems weird. I hope we can make nectar from the honey, and then I will have my Sims sitting around making mead all day. Because why not.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 7:06 PM
I'll have a flirty witch who turns all her/his ex-lovers into toad sims, and traps them to her/his grotto-like basement tomb. Toad sims will be slaves in her magic ingredient garden and all they ever get to eat is frog legs. Those frogs they have to fish themselves, of course. I'll grant them a mudbath though, just because the idea of toad sims wallowing in mud amuses me.

I'm also going to tragic-clownify one acrobat sim and see how his showtime career will turn out.
Instructor
#31 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 8:11 PM
I think I'm gonna wait for the price to die down, too. I just hope Gamestop restocks their games a lot!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Instructor
#32 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 8:34 PM
two words Zombie Apocalypse
Field Researcher
#33 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 10:58 PM
I am making Charmed, as in before they did that stupid shit with Prue dying.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 11:19 PM
I plan to spend the day at work. Also working on the following day. I plan to sleep during the night which separates those two days.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
#35 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 12:10 AM
I actually have little hope that Supernatural will actually do much to enhance game play. I don't see it giving my sims that much more to actually do. Instead I see it as offering a collection of Occult Sims, like the imaginary friend, to the game. I don't think most of the supernaturals we have seen to date actually add a lot to the game.

That being said, I will add a Hansel and Gretel style witch to my world. It will offer a good use for that Katy Perry Stuff. Although I would like to have a fence made of gingerbread children.

I will add an industrial area to my world, where I will stick some zombies amidst the toxic sludge. I might add a burned out building for them to live in. Or perhaps I will make a FAUX News rabbithole where all the zombies can go to work.

I already have a sub-neighborhood/slum for vampires.

I have a big mobile home park -- where I might stick a gypsy family. I might redo the gypsy wagon as a mobile home.

As for the fairies, I might stick one near a fishing hole -- someplace where they can torment other sims.
Eminence Grise
#36 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
I actually have little hope that Supernatural will actually do much to enhance game play. I don't see it giving my sims that much more to actually do. Instead I see it as offering a collection of Occult Sims, like the imaginary friend, to the game. I don't think most of the supernaturals we have seen to date actually add a lot to the game.

If that's your view, I'm surprised you're picking up the EP :O

Personally I think there are two interesting facets to the EP, neither of which is directly related to the new occults:

1) alchemy skill, which is right up my alley (I like collecting and crafting), and
2) moon phases, which (like Seasons) make the game more dynamic... every day won't be the same when the full moon brings significant effects.
Instructor
#37 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:08 AM
Sam and Dean...
Field Researcher
#38 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:57 AM
I really thought I was going to hate Showtime, and there are parts of it that I do hate, like Simport, and the constant connection to the S3Store, and the intrusive advertising...well, I hate a lot of it, lol, but I have had fun with the new careers, and I like the new world that came with it, it captures southern California with a few deft strokes. It was a very mixed bag.

I don't think I'll enjoy the fairies and werewolves, but I might enjoy the science fictional invasion of zmobies in Supernatural. But we shall see.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 2:22 AM
I'll probably play around with the new town's premades first, just to get the feel of things. Then I think I want introduce some werewolves to Bridgeport and wreak some havoc.
Instructor
#40 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
If that's your view, I'm surprised you're picking up the EP :O

I pretty much get everything. The cost is not a big deal for me. I mean I even got the Katy Perry stuff, figuring I would find a use for it. (Right now, I am thinking mad fashionista, who dresses up other sims in Katy Perry styles.)

I am not going to go overboard in populating my world with occults. Maybe one of each. Then I will let Twallan's mods put the brakes on making more.
Alchemist
#41 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer

I will add an industrial area to my world, where I will stick some zombies amidst the toxic sludge. I might add a burned out building for them to live in. Or perhaps I will make a FAUX News rabbithole where all the zombies can go to work.

You might want to read up on how zombies work. The information we have on them is they can't be created in CAS like the other supernaturals, though you can have Sims turned into zombies as part of gameplay. Zombies generate spontaneously when the moon is full, so you won't be able to just contain them to one area.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 4:20 PM
I'm probably going to restart a couple that I had previously in Sims 3 but all the saves got corrupted, I suspect because I didn't play for 6 months and didn't update a certain mod.

The man is supposed to have a strong connection to the dead (his wife came back from the dead too), so I'm probably going to take the new town, wipe out many of the families there and replace the non-vampire, ghosts, zombies with ghost versions of them, so ghost fairies (will o-wisps?), ghost werewolves (revenants?) and ghost witches.
Will probably throw in ghost versions of other supernaturals.. though not sure servo can have a ghost. :P
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
You might want to read up on how zombies work. The information we have on them is they can't be created in CAS like the other supernaturals, though you can have Sims turned into zombies as part of gameplay. Zombies generate spontaneously when the moon is full, so you won't be able to just contain them to one area.

I think he will by manually creating zombies and disabling lunar cycle.
Instructor
#44 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims

Who around here plays by EA's rules?

Actually, I fully expect that Twallan's Master Controller will be adapted so you can set the occult type of any sim. Also, I fully expect that one of Twallan's mods will allow me to limit the number of any given occult in the world.

Sims cannot be allowed to breed uncontrolled!
Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:05 AM
Well, I'm definitely creating some of my favorite Book/TV characters along with some OTP's that I've created before, but this time it'd definitely be just like the characters! Then idk, playing with "forbidden love" sounds amazing. <--Twilight is not the only tale about forbidden love. -_- --> It's too bad we can't make hybrids. How amazing would THAT be!
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:49 AM
I'm creating... nothing. Just waiting for Seasons.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 10:34 PM
I made Mulder and Scully sims just recently for this expansion. Moonlight Falls just seems like all those Washington State/Canada locations the early seasons of the X-Files would visit.
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 6:02 PM
I'm going to have a town overrun with vampires, ghosts and fairies. In my first family i have 2 vampires, 2 ghosts, 2 fairies, 1 werewolf, and a witch.
My second family i've made kind of a sim version of the Anarchy sisters from Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. With them being white-winged fairies(ment to look like angel wings)
I've also made Artemis Fowl and his family, with Holly short as a pointy-eared green-winged fairy.
Test Subject
#49 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 10:00 PM
im going to use some mods like animal skin, pointy ears, fangs and cat eyes. and then ill create a werewolf sim with this mods. thus i will be creating a human-animal hybrid sims.

AHAHAHAHA!!!

Welcome to the island of Sim Moreau. Be sure to visit the Thundercats Household.
Scholar
#50 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 6:57 PM
After taking a look at all the new CC (a good chunk Victorian) I am inspired to build again.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Page 2 of 2