Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 4:29 AM
Bailey Swain... couldn't be anymore subtle than that, could you EA? On the bright side, now's a really good time to have a world adventures torture chamber underneath the house. Laugh for hours on end as the bitch tries to go through never ending dart, fire, and shock traps while trapped with a horde of mummies and zombies... have fun.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
And Chauncey Grimm, who I believe is a shout out to the show "Grimm".

I think it's more likely that he is, per his bio, a shout-out to the fairy tale writers we refer to as the Brothers Grimm, who are likewise the eponym for the show. :p
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
And the zombies' annoying habit of eating your garden is mighty similar to Plants vs. Zombies...

EA bought the rights to Plants vs Zombies, that's why there was bonus PvsZ stuff if you pre-ordered.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 4:51 AM
Actually, while I have only seen the household once, when I first got Supernatural and checked out the reference (Didn't actually see it). I never encountered Bella Swain, weird enough I have encountered the Crumplebottoms and several others, but the Swains seem to be very secretive in the two Moonlight Falls hoods I started up (There's a chance any of the Swain household might have died in one, since an evil witch lives there who sets everyone on fire and murders them).

Also I never noticed if the vampires are sparkling or not? I haven't played one since before Supernatural, but I did create one in an household that I didn't play, but never noticed the sparkling, might have to pay attention (Then again, I watched the first Twilight, I didn't like it but I never saw any vampires sparkling, someone told me it happened once, and since I found it boring and thought I would fall asleep, I might have missed it)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Actually, while I have only seen the household once, when I first got Supernatural and checked out the reference (Didn't actually see it). I never encountered Bella Swain, weird enough I have encountered the Crumplebottoms and several others, but the Swains seem to be very secretive in the two Moonlight Falls hoods I started up (There's a chance any of the Swain household might have died in one, since an evil witch lives there who sets everyone on fire and murders them).

Also I never noticed if the vampires are sparkling or not? I haven't played one since before Supernatural, but I did create one in an household that I didn't play, but never noticed the sparkling, might have to pay attention (Then again, I watched the first Twilight, I didn't like it but I never saw any vampires sparkling, someone told me it happened once, and since I found it boring and thought I would fall asleep, I might have missed it)

The vamps only sparkle if you have the Immortal LTR or use the sunscreen elixer. For someone who dislikes Twilight (I've read all 4, sadly), the sparkling is actually bery pretty. It's not imbedded into the vampires skin like Twilight, it's more of an aura.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 5:57 AM
Yep, found it. I was playing a hood that hadn't been updated since before Supernatural, and it's a vampire living with her great granddaughter and three unicorns, she had high Lifetime points so I decided to give her some Supernatural ones (before that I made her run outside, but nothing happened, like I thought it would). Gave her the Immortal stuff and noticed she was sparkling in the sun...

Yeah, no Ellanore Firestone does not sparkle, it might be pretty but she still does not sparkle or I rather she didn't (She doesn't go outside unless she has to go to a store).

I guess it's kinda like the way they did it with the witches in Sims 2, they would sparkle and turn green if they were evil, and stay normal if they were good (I got rid of both though with a mod from HP)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 6:44 AM
Are there any references to the show Supernatural? After reading the posts here, it made me curious.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 1:37 PM
Aside from the font used in the title bearing some resemblance to what was used in the show, no... I'm too busy playing in Awesims' Pounawea to notice anything going on in Moonlight Falls.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 1:58 AM
Yep, found it. I was playing a hood that hadn't been updated since before Supernatural, and it's a vampire living with her great granddaughter and three unicorns, she had high Lifetime points so I decided to give her some Supernatural ones (before that I made her run outside, but nothing happened, like I thought it would). Gave her the Immortal stuff and noticed she was sparkling in the sun...

Yeah, no Ellanore Firestone does not sparkle, it might be pretty but she still does not sparkle or I rather she didn't (She doesn't go outside unless she has to go to a store).

I guess it's kinda like the way they did it with the witches in Sims 2, they would sparkle and turn green if they were evil, and stay normal if they were good (I got rid of both though with a mod from HP)

I actually just downloaded a mod that stps the sparkling. It's on this site, somewhere. Can't provide the link, sorry
Instructor
#35 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 3:20 AM
Maybe I'm reading too much into the new "supernatural" expansion pack, but it seems to me that there are more pop culture references than any other expansion pack.
The obvious being Twilight, and the whole Plants VS Zombies tie in.
Sparkly vamps, "la Shove" is a take on "la Push" beach from twilight. And the zombies go straight for your plants.... But the veins you can give your sims are very "interview with the vampire". There are some new statues that are quite reminiscing of the haunted mansions singing busts, and the portraits changing are also derivative of the haunted mansion. The magic is also a lot like Harry Potter. I'm tired right now, so I can't come up with any more examples, but I feel like I'm forgetting a few....

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Field Researcher
#36 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 5:21 AM
Hey guys. During the zombie apocalypse, try putting a stereo outside & see what the zombies do. Familiar?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wicked_poppies
Maybe I'm reading too much into the new "supernatural" expansion pack, but it seems to me that there are more pop culture references than any other expansion pack.
The obvious being Twilight, and the whole Plants VS Zombies tie in.
Sparkly vamps, "la Shove" is a take on "la Push" beach from twilight. And the zombies go straight for your plants.... But the veins you can give your sims are very "interview with the vampire". There are some new statues that are quite reminiscing of the haunted mansions singing busts, and the portraits changing are also derivative of the haunted mansion. The magic is also a lot like Harry Potter. I'm tired right now, so I can't come up with any more examples, but I feel like I'm forgetting a few....

I knew about the pictures. But those busts. I need them.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 6:52 AM
Fire- Lol it's okay, I don't really use mods for Sims 3, my computer gives me enough crap, and Sims 3 gives me enough crap without having to deal with mods (Like the WA bugs, coming back and the hood no longer playable or sims don't appear in their thumbnails, that camera glitch). And then there's my card failing soon....

Okay, I said this about Plants and Zombies, and I will say this about Sims 3, does ANYONE else think those plants looking like freaking Bellsprout XD, you know from Pokemon, if the Pokemon was all green and forever rooted in the ground (And the cover of the Sims case shows them shooting green balls.. Um Bullet Seed? And I bet there are attacks that Bellsprout knows that would match it). I won't go saying the flower on the PvZ case looks like Sunflora, but the Bellsprout really does.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 6:55 AM
Fire- Lol it's okay, I don't really use mods for Sims 3, my computer gives me enough crap, and Sims 3 gives me enough crap without having to deal with mods (Like the WA bugs, coming back and the hood no longer playable or sims don't appear in their thumbnails, that camera glitch). And then there's my card failing soon....

Okay, I said this about Plants and Zombies, and I will say this about Sims 3, does ANYONE else think those plants looking like freaking Bellsprout XD, you know from Pokemon, if the Pokemon was all green and forever rooted in the ground (And the cover of the Sims case shows them shooting green balls.. Um Bullet Seed? And I bet there are attacks that Bellsprout knows that would match it). I won't go saying the flower on the PvZ case looks like Sunflora, but the Bellsprout really does.

Ahh okay, just wanted to let you guys know, if you didnt :3 And it does look like Bellsprout. I was never fond of him though.... I prefer Vaporeon, myself.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 7:04 AM
Thanks hehe, I wish my game and computer wasn't crappy, I love Supernatural and could play it all day if my computer didn't get hot, and noisy. (The fan that is). Yeah not a big fan of Bellsprout either, fan of Umbreon:P

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Test Subject
#41 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 3:33 AM
It's La Push baby

La Push
Page 2 of 2