Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kithri
I also haven't seen a single zombie, much less a crowd of 'em, but I use all of Twallan's mods. Are we sure they don't suppress the zombies?

I have a lot of Twallan's mods, but I had zombies almost immediately after starting the new game. Maybe because I didn't run the vagrant population out of town (or whatever it says) when the new game starts?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 10:34 PM
I also haven't seen a single zombie, much less a crowd of 'em, but I use all of Twallan's mods. Are we sure they don't suppress the zombies?

Any mod that suppresses homeless in your town will affect zombie spawning.

[StoryProgression] (enabled by default) and [Overwatch] (disabled by default) both have options for such.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

[StoryProgression] (enabled by default) and [Overwatch] (disabled by default) both have options for such.

Hi, Twallan!
I kind of thought that might be it. I think I shall leave things as they are....
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 3:26 AM
How to survive a zombie apocalypse?
Well that's easy. Cancel the 'zombie attack' action from your sim's queue and problem solved! seriously just keep cancelling out the action and they can't do a thing about it. Eventually they get bored and shuffle off some place else, usually complaining that they want to go to bed.
Yes, the zombies that spawn in my game are so pathetically tame it's untrue. Some of them even ring the doorbell when the door isn't locked in the first place. So polite!
After a night of groaning and shuffling along my lawn, they will then start yawning before getting in to cars in the morning. Yes, they might spawn fron the ground but for some reason they always leave in their fancy cars.

I don't even bother having my witch sim cast spells on them anymore because they never fight back and just stand there letting her do whatever she wants.
I think I'd actually like them to be a bit scarier and more flesh eating, at least they wouldn't seem so pointless then! In my experience of them so far, they are up their with imaginary friends in the ranks of the most annoying creature EA has ever produced.
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 3:41 AM
Not one Zombie has entered my property.

All I did was have a wall fence around my home and Locked my gate door Locked to "Allow Me and Household only."

No mods needed. :D
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 4:30 PM

They do not, at least in my game. Maybe some combination of other mods may be causing it. You may try removing all mods and waiting for full moon to see what happens.
anak ponti: thank you for the tip.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeilinNoNingyo
Not one Zombie has entered my property.

All I did was have a wall fence around my home and Locked my gate door Locked to "Allow Me and Household only."

No mods needed. :D

You, sir, are the ultimate troll. Brilliant
Field Researcher
#33 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 6:43 PM
Twallan posted that Story Progression or Overwatch have the capability of stopping zombie spawn, and I have both in my game. SP was set to not allow homeless, and zombies qualify as shambling homeless.
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
I've been playing Supernatural for a while now, and I want to share with you my tips on surviving the zombie apocalypse:
1: Lock your doors
You wouldn't believe how effective this step is. Apparently zombies aren't strong enough to break down a door, so locking them should stop any infections. However, if your Sim is locked outside...

2: Protect your plants!
Now onto the real threat of the undead. You have your little fairy gardener, she's starting a little garden of all sorts of goodies, some of which she'll give to her wizard husband so he can use them in potions, some of which she'll sell to advance in the gardening career. She's working hard, and they're so close to blooming! When suddenly...
Zombie:"PLANTS! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!"
This is one of the most annoying things on Earth, and is basically the only bad thing zombies can do. So you should always have a fenced-off garden with all the plants tightly packed (wouldn't want a zombie popping up behind the defenses, would we?). Or, if your household is tight on money, move the plants as close together as the game allows, then put the cheapest fence (I think its the playground fence) around them. When all the zombies are gone, sell the fence. Simple!

3: Buy a rocking chair!
Rising from the dead is tiring work, and it's no secret how comfy a rocking chair is. So just plop one down on your Sim's lot, and the zombies will be too busy arguing over who gets to sleep in it to actually do something productive. Unfortunately, your regular Sims also have an unhealthy addiction to the chair...

So there are my tips, do you guys have any other pointers on how to make zombies (or full moons in general) less stressful? I'd love to hear about it!

I came up with the idea (last night) - and I'm sure somebody else has already done this - but, I planted my garden on one wall of the house, put floor tiles all around it, then built a room around it and used an arch for entry to my 'Garden Room'. The zombies will not spawn inside any homes or rooms. They get pretty frustrated trying to get the garden, though. "Do vaaaa! Miso! Ugggh!" LOL they do get annoying keep listening to them though.. O yea, almost forgot, I added a nice stereo so my Sims can JAMM whilst gardening! They love it.
Test Subject
#35 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Man1968
They do not, at least in my game. Maybe some combination of other mods may be causing it. You may try removing all mods and waiting for full moon to see what happens.
anak ponti: thank you for the tip.

Hmm. Interesting. I have a freaking zombie apocalypse in every single town. They focus on any plants growing in Central Park (SV) and MY Sim's home... and, they are there ALL THE TIME. No modds used regarding zombies.
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claire the Bear
How to survive a zombie apocalypse?
Well that's easy. Cancel the 'zombie attack' action from your sim's queue and problem solved! seriously just keep cancelling out the action and they can't do a thing about it. Eventually they get bored and shuffle off some place else, usually complaining that they want to go to bed.
Yes, the zombies that spawn in my game are so pathetically tame it's untrue. Some of them even ring the doorbell when the door isn't locked in the first place. So polite!
After a night of groaning and shuffling along my lawn, they will then start yawning before getting in to cars in the morning. Yes, they might spawn fron the ground but for some reason they always leave in their fancy cars.

I don't even bother having my witch sim cast spells on them anymore because they never fight back and just stand there letting her do whatever she wants.
I think I'd actually like them to be a bit scarier and more flesh eating, at least they wouldn't seem so pointless then! In my experience of them so far, they are up their with imaginary friends in the ranks of the most annoying creature EA has ever produced.

After the zombies in my hood finish eating plants all night, most of them groan, throw up, and then go home.
Scholar
#37 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 4:01 PM
I too am playing a relatively zombie free existence. I think Twallan said that allowing SP to get rid of the homeless would block zombies... so I don't. They are occuring, they just don't come near my sim.

I found one while playing in Riverdale, Constance whateverherlastname is... I spotted her from world view because she was running like the incredible hulk. When I zero'd in an moused over her, I got the "Constance is on her way home" message. I followed her, indeed, she went home. Later, I saw her maptag at someone else's house. I zero'd in intime to see her shamble to the stairs, march up them with efficient briskness, then shamble over to ring the doorbell. Neighbor wasn't home. By this time, I had teleported my witch in (aside: is part of the "moon madness" switching your sims into different clothing? Not appreciated EA).

Neighbor returned, Constance looked at her, she looked at Constance. Constance briskly came down to street level, glanced at my sim then vanished into her car and went back home. Clearly, I need to change my sims LTW, she's never going to be able to cure 10 zombies...

The only time I've run into more than one zombie was when I used Traveler to visit Twinbrook. I've been zombie-free in Moonlight Falls, Barnacle Bay, Riverview and Fortress Rock.
Test Subject
#38 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmoman49
You, sir, are the ultimate troll. Brilliant

I wasn't trying to be a troll at all. D: I was just simply saying what I did from preventing the zombies to enter my property.Which it's true and I don't need a mod from preventing a zombie population or entering my property.

Unless you're one of the people that don't like a having a fence around your home which I totally respect. (we all have our preferences. ) Then you can download the mod if ya'll like.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zaida Moytoy
I came up with the idea (last night) - and I'm sure somebody else has already done this - but, I planted my garden on one wall of the house, put floor tiles all around it, then built a room around it and used an arch for entry to my 'Garden Room'. The zombies will not spawn inside any homes or rooms. They get pretty frustrated trying to get the garden, though. "Do vaaaa! Miso! Ugggh!" LOL they do get annoying keep listening to them though.. O yea, almost forgot, I added a nice stereo so my Sims can JAMM whilst gardening! They love it.

Brilliant! Next house I build will have one of these!

And now with patch 1.39, we know that any saves done on a full moon have been causing continual zombie spawn. Ughhh. EA.

"Curiouser and curiouser! cried Alice...Now I’m opening out like the largest telescope that ever was! Good-bye, feet!..." ~ Alice in Wonderland

Stop by my Facebook page or visit my website, kithri's curious kreations, for more unexpected Sims 2 and 3 things. Remember to click Like. ^^
Instructor
#40 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 3:51 AM
You can also use the mood lamp that came with Supernatural. Just set it on a table in the yard. The only downside is that it goes out after 2 sim hours and you have to relight it. Zombies are amazingly attracted to it and will go straight for it and stare at it until it goes out or the sun comes up.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Alchemist
#41 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

Twallan (or anyone else who knows), for those of us that might be interested in seeing Zombies but have StoryProgression, how would we disable the homeless suppression? I can't seem to find anything in the SP options.

I actually kind of want to see masses of zombies in-game. It might be interesting, just for something a bit different during a full moon instead of 3-speeding through the night while everyone sleeps.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 8:48 AM
"NRaas \ Story Progression \ General Options \ Options: Households \ Manage Homeless".

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claire the Bear

In my experience of them so far, they are up their with imaginary friends in the ranks of the most annoying creature EA has ever produced.

I was so excited at the idea of my witch blasting a Zombie...but nope. Just disappointment. One would think that after fire blasting someone (be it sim or zombie etc) they'd RUN AWAY!) But nope. EA clearly lives in a world of sunshine and rainbows where it's no big deal to fire bomb someone. SMH

Now all that happens is zombies ANNOY me. And I hate that I can't have a rocking chair on my porch because everybody and their pet rock ques up. (paparazzi incl)
Page 2 of 2