Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#76 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 12:10 AM
I like supernatural but I think most people get the expansion because they feel they have to and or are doing a review rather than because they actually like playing that way. People who actually want supernatural elements in their game seem to find it quite satifying. Although personally I do wish they hadn't included sparkling vampires :/ and Moonlight Falls is one of the most boring town designs ever.

Also I actually like zombies but I wish they didn't have the magic ability to lure Sims outside by adding the be attacked by zombie action to their cue. Also it's really annoying that you can't fight them off in any meaning ful way that's half the fun of a zombie outbreak.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peinXlover123456789
I have a problem with the sims 3 pets and it will crash my game when I get a pet in my family after I crafted a family....
my game keeps freezing up and I don't know why it does it

First look and follow this post: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp_Question_TS3
And if you still have a problem, then post to the Help -section: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551
Scholar
#78 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 11:09 AM
It has a few good examples of small but really stupid decisions the developers can make. Like how you can turn off supernaturals if you want to keep them out of your more normal suburbs - which is a good thing - but you can't stop zombies appearing every full moon. Zombies which for the most part are broken. And Moonlight Falls for the most part isn't a bad world, but I hate how spread out it is. It reminds me of the neighbourhoods from Sims 2. I liked it where everything was more close together, where your neighbours are actually right next to you and not across a field and you have a proper downtown district.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Instructor
#79 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
It has a few good examples of small but really stupid decisions the developers can make. Like how you can turn off supernaturals if you want to keep them out of your more normal suburbs - which is a good thing - but you can't stop zombies appearing every full moon. Zombies which for the most part are broken. And Moonlight Falls for the most part isn't a bad world, but I hate how spread out it is. It reminds me of the neighbourhoods from Sims 2. I liked it where everything was more close together, where your neighbours are actually right next to you and not across a field and you have a proper downtown district.

You can stop zombies though just turn off the moon. S'not like you really need it on for anything.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 8:16 PM
I think it has to do with the supernatural elements interfering with normal, vanilla gameplay. I learned to adapt and protect my gardens with fences. Pesky zombies.
Scholar
#81 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 4:19 AM
The only reason I got SN was for the build and buy objects. I love building Victorian homes,
and I just had to have SN to make proper ones.

(I got MH for much the same reason. That and RAILROAD TRACKS!!)

There are mods to take care of that ugly green cast that happens during full moon, (and to keep zombies from spawning),
but I just went into Options, instead, and froze the moon to a crescent.
No gawd-awful ugly green, and no gawd-awful ugly zombies.

I got rid of all the non-humans by shift-clicking the mailbox, and I used the options to keep the game from generating any more.

For me SN and MH were DEFINITELY worth the price.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 5:08 PM
I tend to find with Sims 3 expansion packs that I don't play the packs to the fullest but instead get bits of pieces that I always play with and then sometimes or never use. So I tend to judge packs on how much I actually use, how much aggravation it gives bugs and otherwise and of course enjoyment. To judge a game especially an expansion pack properly you need to play longer than the average reviewer would, this would be mine after many months of having it installed.

I am more of a realistic type of player I don't do colourful Sims nor do I have towns where supernatural Sims out number the humans Sims. But I do like having one or two families as supernatural, unless I've decided not to have supernatural elements at all in the save.But I do rate this as one of the better one. I don't run EA or Nraas storytelling features so I don't get all the townies being turned into Supernatural creatures. I did try it once, it was interesting. I turn off the moon. I occasionally do a full moon if I'm playing with the werewolves or vampires. The zombies are aggravating, I normally reset them when they become to much. I really like the Vampires from Late Night but Supernatural messed them up. Never mind the sparkly thing if you don't have a mod to slow down their hunger bar, sooner or later one of them are going to die because of the speed that bar decreases. I don't play much with the fairies but a bit more with witches. It is the werewolves that I love, especially the pack aspect. I have a father and daughter household, I love it when the father howls and the daughter replies, the toddler werewolves are just to cute. I also get a lot of use of the CAS and objects. I think I was lucky with this one or maybe because I waited to buy this, I didn't have any serious problems with it.

But I don't think much of the town, it could have been better or Midnight Hollow as some here have suggested. The town is pretty boring, it feels under built. I played it once to try, but once I got a feel of the new stuff the pack offered I left it. I may or may not play it again I tend to rotate neighbourhoods with new saves but this one isn't high on my list. I also think EA could have done more with the pack game play. I would have liked it if EA kept in the darker elements of the Supernatural, this is pretty Disney like. I'm sure they could have done more good vs evil, supernatural vs human while not increasing the age restriction.

So for me even through I feel more work and extra game play could have been added in to make it a proper Supernatural expansion pack. I haven't had any serious problems because of it, I can't think of any annoyances except for zombies and I hardly see them. I do enjoy the werewolves and occasionally the witches and fairies to play. The CAS stuff is great and so is the build and buy offering. I get enough game play to rate this highly.
Page 4 of 4