Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:42 AM
Default Fansite Email from Ben Bell
Apparently EA sends out emails to all the owners of fansites who have registered in their database. Someone from the BBS posted a message from Ben Bell, executive producer of The Sims 3, which they received today. It sounds very legitimate to me since a lot of the information coincides with what we already know, and because the grammar's better than that of the poster.

Check it out!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:49 AM
Quote:
Sims now live in a completely seamless, living neighborhood. This means that they can walk next door, walk down the street, drive to the center of town, stroll through the park, and explore everything without ever encountering a load screen.

That right there just made me happy.
Alchemist
#3 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Apparently EA sends out emails to all the owners of fansites who have registered in their database. Someone from the BBS posted a message from Ben Bell, executive producer of The Sims 3, which they received today. It sounds very legitimate to me since a lot of the information coincides with what we already know, and because the grammar's better than that of the poster.

Check it out!

a Maxoid on the thread verified it too
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishellia
That right there just made me happy.

I thought I was the only one drooling with joy... LOL

I'm loving the idea of that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:32 AM
Me too! So much potential. Makes me wonder if we'll finally be getting unified time.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Instructor
#6 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:34 AM
A seamless environment is something I've wanted for ages!
Theorist
#7 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:39 AM
The loading screens have definitely been a weakness of the past sims games so I'm glad those will be gone.

So far The Sims 3 already has two of the biggest things that I wanted: a seamless neighborhood and the ability to make sims more individualized than ever. I just need confirmation of weather and pets in the base game and I'll be a happy camper. Looks like cars will be there so that's great.

As for the unified time thing, I'd rather be able to still play as only the family that I want to play as at the time and not have the other sims age when I'm not playing as them.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:40 AM
I know! No more repeats of Sims 1 subhoods (thank God!) since it won't be necessary anymore. My only confusion is how would they add onto it in future EP's? You think maybe there will be locked areas that will be pending for future EP's? That is, if they want to add more onto the town because it would only make more sense to add more onto it later on.
#9 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Unified time is Scary....
What if I have an entire family grow up and never see them because I was off playing another family for a week...

I agree . . . i'm not a fan of unified time as we currently can theorize it
#10 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I know! No more repeats of Sims 1 subhoods (thank God!) since it won't be necessary anymore. My only confusion is how would they add onto it in future EP's? You think maybe there will be locked areas that will be pending for future EP's? That is, if they want to add more onto the town because it would only make more sense to add more onto it later on.

I'm sure with expansion packs they can just make "more" of the town for one to explore
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 5:26 AM
Wow, this takes me back to 2003 when I had read the first news of Sims 2 and how excited I was. Only I can tell that the excitement I now feel for TS3 is indeed higher because it seems to be much more realistic than TS2!
#12 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 6:26 AM
I don't really get how a unified neighborhood would work.. like others were saying with other Sims aging while you were focused on one family.. obviously you couldn't pay attention to like, 100+ people at once..
I'm sure they have figured out something logical, it's just all too distant for me to figure out at this point.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 6:40 AM
I'm liking the traits thing. Especially "dozens" of them!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:05 AM
Yes, I know! I'm so sick and tired of prediction. Sims are too predictable in TS1 and TS2. I finally want Sims to be different and unique from each other, like where you would not know how their lives would turn out because the end results could vary vastly.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:08 AM
You read my mind, Frankie! Right now there's hardly any different between, say, an extremely outgoing sim and a shy sim. Can't wait till there's distinction! I made a self sim once and tried to get the personality as close as possibly to my own but still the sim wasn't like me at all! :P
#16 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:10 PM
"Unified" time would be a mess. Unless of course the Sims where 100000 times smarter than the current ones and had incredible self dicipline. Many seem to believe that Sims won't have to go to the bathroom or eat in the new game, but would they be able to get out of bed and go to work? And avoid dying stewpidly?

It could work if there was some buildt in function that control of the Sims not currently played. Or families not being played. Maybe if we clicked on another Sim we could have a choice to "Play this Sim".
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:10 PM
Thanks for posting, paws.

Like most people I'm thrilled about enhanced individualization. But facially I think it's already very good in Sims 2 body shop with the option of customizing every facial feature in at least 5 dimensions (but of course I welcome improvements!). The thing I REALLY want is the seamless individualization of body sizes - not discrete categories, no matter how many. Continuous! And height, omg, height sliders would rule.
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:30 PM
I'm so excited! Just a few weeks ago I was counting down the days until Free Time was released, and now I'm counting down the days until the simple website is opened! I was kind of unsure of it being real or not (the letter) until a Maxoid verified it..

Yay!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
I appears that height will be customizable
But I can't say 100 percent yet

Really?? If so you just made my day!
Alchemist
#20 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
I don't really get how a unified neighborhood would work.. like others were saying with other Sims aging while you were focused on one family.. obviously you couldn't pay attention to like, 100+ people at once..
I'm sure they have figured out something logical, it's just all too distant for me to figure out at this point.

Without relevant knowledge here's how I think it might work. I'm thinking perhaps that time and aging will only pass for the Sims you are currently playing. For example, when you go to a community lot now, don't you sometimes see some members of your other Sims family on the lot? I know I do, but it's not aging them, they're sort of like townies at that moment. To me it just looks like it gets rid of the extra loading screen. Of course that's only a guess
Forum Resident
#21 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:00 PM
woot! thats what i'm talking about! XD that sounds awesome and i cant' wait!

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Forum Resident
#22 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 5:32 PM
In terms of unified time/aging, in TS3, there would be no difference between residential and community lots. The entire neighborhood is one lot. By seamless, I take it to mean that if you have a house of Ma, Pa and Junior and if Pa goes to the gym, you can follow Pa to the gym and then switch back to Junior doing homework at home, just like you can switch between Pa making dinner in the kitchen and Junior watching TV in the living room like we can in TS2. Essentially this ties everything together and all it takes it a bit more scrolling time to go from one side of town to another (TS3) as opposed to one part of the house to the other (TS2).

They can't please everyone in terms of what they can do. I think I would be happy with this situation:
1) fully unified time/aging in which you can play any Sim in any household at any time while all other Sims age. This encourages and makes it easier for you to skip around and play different families instead of sticking with just one. There could be an option to follow more of the TS2 style of play where you can turn off autonomous aging for families you are not currently playing which would allow you to play one family for a long period of time and then switch to the next.
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 5:58 PM
^^ Agreed...I want to be able to play my families at different times...Not oh I have to hurry over here to "Jessica Harr's" family to see her have her baby...And oh no! I must have missed "Aiden Lingle's" first kiss! Or, Oh wow "Megan Payne" is an elder now! I want to know what is going on as I am playing it...Not have things happen I don't know about because I am consentrating on a different family. Hopefully, they will have aging off for the other houses....So, you CAN go visit them...but they aren't aging like when you see townies when you go shopping.
#24 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 6:04 PM
I agree with dwilaa. I don't mind if my other sims are doing things as long as their not aging. I love the idea of being able to visit them.
#25 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:19 PM
I like the idea of having it be an option.
Just like house aging is in TS2
Page 1 of 2