Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 10:44 PM
Default When will it be released?
When do you think The sims 3 will be released? I hope it's not 6 months after Free Time. I hope they will wait until 2010 but I don't think so. I think it will be released in late 2008 or early 2009. Sad we can't have more enjoyment for Free Time.
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 10:48 PM
I'm with you. I'd hate it if EA rushed this game and released it this year - even though I wish I could have The Sims 3 now - I know I would rather wait patiently for a brilliant game rather than have a mediocre game quickly.

The Sims 3 was sort of 'leaked- in Jan of 2006, so, my best guess would be that TS3 will be released beginning to mid next year (2009).
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 12:01 AM
I'm thinking it's going to be released in late 2009, I'd hate to think after having 4 (well 8 if you include Sims 1) years of a brilliant game they're just going to throw it away like THAT. I think that the Sims 2 can hold 1 or 2 more EP/SPs in the bunch; that is, unless they've officially run out of ideas, or they're saving it for the Sims 3.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 2:52 AM
My best guess is in Early 2009.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 6:41 AM
It was originally going to be spring 2009 but I just have a feeling it will be pushed to at least late 2009. I tell ya, I'd much rather have a later date and have it the best it can be than to have it much sooner and not be the best it can be.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 7:09 PM
Yes, it is said that spring 2009 is the release date. But knowing people in general, and the fact that they did not even mention a month ensures me that there will be delays. So late 2009. 2010, hopefully
#7 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Sims 2 is old.
Move on.

Agreed. Any other game that is as old as The Sims 2 that is still trying to be continued would be laughed at.
Outdated graphics, horribly predictable AI (come on, there won't really be anything new in Free Time.. a few more things to click, a few more animations, a few more things to be entertained by the first 5 times and then spend the rest of your time playing preventing from happening again [Looking out the window 200 times because of a freaking weather change].. I'm still buying it :D), blah blah.. go read the thread about The Sims 3 in The Debate Room :P

Anyway, hopefully holiday season 2008/early 2009..
I'm pretty sure a year is sufficient time for them to complete a game we've known has been in development for about two years now..
3 years for one game is more than enough
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 7:47 PM
Sims 2 is old.
Move on.

You are allowed to have your opinions. Why not let others have their opinions?
Why push your own impatience in others' faces? I'm fine with the sims 2 (for now). I do not get tired from it because of the gene mixing, aging, complexe personality etc.

I do hope that the sims 2 community won't die out after TS3 is released. If it is only an improved version of TS2 with better graphics and a few more options (which I think) I don't really think it's worth it at all.
But sometimes in a while I could wish my sims lived in a city where they could walk around and drive around. But I don't think the sims will be able to walk around in the whole city. It will probably be loading time and then the sims can walk from shop to shop within a region....
Theorist
#9 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 11:38 PM
I think it's a given that The Sims 3 is not coming out this year, especially with Spore finally being released in September. I'm guessing The Sims 3 will come out March 2009 at the earliest, spring 2010 at the very latest.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 2:19 AM
God...
Typical.
In one post someone agrees. In the second someone's whining that I'm tired of the sims 2.

Get over it.

I'm not whining because you are tired of TS2 but because you are pushing your opinions in my face.
Nothing mean meant here but this thread wasn't made for whining about TS2 or TS3. It was originally a poll thread to post your opinions about when it will be released.
I shouldn't have "whined" about TS3 in my first post either. It should have been totally neutral because this is a poll thread.
#11 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
You are allowed to have your opinions. Why not let others have their opinions?
Why push your own impatience in others' faces? I'm fine with the sims 2 (for now). I do not get tired from it because of the gene mixing, aging, complexe personality etc.

I do hope that the sims 2 community won't die out after TS3 is released. If it is only an improved version of TS2 with better graphics and a few more options (which I think) I don't really think it's worth it at all.
But sometimes in a while I could wish my sims lived in a city where they could walk around and drive around. But I don't think the sims will be able to walk around in the whole city. It will probably be loading time and then the sims can walk from shop to shop within a region....

I also agree with parts of this. I hope that this fabulous community and it's brilliant creators doesn't die off, but I have faith that it will remain strong. All of us share a deep passion for a game series that shows no signs of ending and I don't see why many of us would stop playing.

I'm not completely sick of The Sims 2.. do you think I'd be regularly visiting a forum relating to it if I was? I just know that The Sims 3 will offer those things you mentioned you love about The Sims 2 such as genetics, aging, etc.. only better! They'll be more advanced and complex and enhanced graphics will further the possibilities for a diverse Sim species! Evolution, Sims-wise
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 2:36 AM
hopefully not for a while yet i'm still attached to Sims 2. so i voted 2010

These are the days it never rains, but it pours - Under Pressure by Queen

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxxy_moron
hopefully not for a while yet i'm still attached to Sims 2. so i voted 2010

ok. Just as you should know. This poll isn't about when you want the game to be released but when you think it will be. I also hope for 2010 but I voted late 2008 because maxis rush the EPs ennormously. I don't think there will be more EPs, or?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:13 AM
It definately won't be late 2008, otherwise we are overdue for any official previews, and you can almost write off early 2009 also, so late 2009 sounds more approraite.
#15 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 2:27 PM
My big question is if Sims3 will be moddable (and how the terms of use will be worded :P)

I don't think Sims 2 sites will die out that quickly for that reason. It's the mods that keep the game fresh and fun. Those of us who love that aspect of the game will most likely wait for modders and hackers to crack some codes and provide us with new tools...that will take a while for sure.

My vote is late 2009 just in time for the holiday rush. I just hope it's not as hard to come by as a wii, lol
#16 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:29 PM
Well, I now enough to say that if they say Spring '09 they really mean "Some random date after our original release day". Hehe. I'm still having trouble imagining what its going to be like. :einstein :confused:
Alchemist
#17 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 5:42 PM
its officially being released in 2010
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
its officially being released in 2010

From what source?
Alchemist
#19 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
From what source?

well i dug really deep into ea over the net and it said 2010
#20 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 2:27 AM
My vote: 2008 - 2010.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drymouth
My vote: 2008 - 2010.

LOL. I can agree with that with huge confidence drymouth, lol.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 12:40 PM
I did the same 2008 - 2010 :P
I can't choose >.<
Theorist
#23 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 4:38 PM
I really hope it won't be in 2010... It's too long! Even if FT is not the last EP, 2010 is still too far away...............
#24 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 10:33 PM
It won't be 2010. A game in the works for more than 4 years? I doubt it. Next year. I vote early 2009.
#25 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:11 AM
if its going to be released in '09 i would rather it be late '09 because im going to art college for computer animation so im likely going to buy the best computer ever, lol.

Early '09 would be torture for me, unless it comes out for my intel imac at the same time and it could handle the game with everything normal (doubt it though)

But i hear that EA is using a new software called Cider and can recode or whatever its games for mac version very fast so hopefully they do that.
I love my mac but may have to leave it if apple doesn't keep up with gaming for an affordable price.

Anyway i wish i had the sims 3 now but i rather it be at least almost perfect w/ a perfect computer so i can really enjoy it.

I know for a fact there are going to be a ton of people that buy the sims 3 and wont be able to play because they cant meet the hardware requirements and wont have any idea how to get it to work lol. :D

So I pray for Late '09 but it probably will be early '09 but i remember we waited almost a year i think after they put up the sims 2 website with pictures when the sims 2 came out i think

IF I CAN WAIT THAT LONG, with everyone talking about it, i wish it was hear already :D
im bored of the sims 2 haven't played for like 6 months now.
Page 1 of 3