Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:07 AM
Default Zombie Survival Made Easy
I've been playing Supernatural for a while now, and I want to share with you my tips on surviving the zombie apocalypse:
1: Lock your doors
You wouldn't believe how effective this step is. Apparently zombies aren't strong enough to break down a door, so locking them should stop any infections. However, if your Sim is locked outside...

2: Protect your plants!
Now onto the real threat of the undead. You have your little fairy gardener, she's starting a little garden of all sorts of goodies, some of which she'll give to her wizard husband so he can use them in potions, some of which she'll sell to advance in the gardening career. She's working hard, and they're so close to blooming! When suddenly...
Zombie:"PLANTS! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!"
This is one of the most annoying things on Earth, and is basically the only bad thing zombies can do. So you should always have a fenced-off garden with all the plants tightly packed (wouldn't want a zombie popping up behind the defenses, would we?). Or, if your household is tight on money, move the plants as close together as the game allows, then put the cheapest fence (I think its the playground fence) around them. When all the zombies are gone, sell the fence. Simple!

3: Buy a rocking chair!
Rising from the dead is tiring work, and it's no secret how comfy a rocking chair is. So just plop one down on your Sim's lot, and the zombies will be too busy arguing over who gets to sleep in it to actually do something productive. Unfortunately, your regular Sims also have an unhealthy addiction to the chair...

So there are my tips, do you guys have any other pointers on how to make zombies (or full moons in general) less stressful? I'd love to hear about it!
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:21 AM
Lots of tips, info, and mods in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=486259

You don't need to pack your plants to keep zombies out of your garden. You just need to fence it and make sure your gates are facing outwards. Zombies won't spawn in a fenced off area (which the game sees as a room).

And you don't need to lock your house doors either... zombies don't use doors at all.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 2:35 PM
I know what you mean about the rocking chair. Once, a mob of zombies spawned outside my sim's house and started queuing up to nap in the rocking chair. xD Also, one of them pulled out a stereo and started to dance.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 3:34 PM
Zombies with stereo... yeah. It happend for me too. Since my plants were fenced and I had only 1 rocking chair the zombies had nothing to do in my garden and were just walking around doing their "Argh!" animations. Suddenly one of them put a stereo on grass... they were dancing all night long... 6 zombies around the stereo. Zombie party FTW!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 5:56 PM
I got a mod by Shimrod to leave my plants alone. It was that or my witch husband would have to use a gun mod and start practice shooting.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
You don't need to pack your plants to keep zombies out of your garden. You just need to fence it and make sure your gates are facing outwards. Zombies won't spawn in a fenced off area (which the game sees as a room).

And you don't need to lock your house doors either... zombies don't use doors at all.

I was hoping it would be this simple, but a zombie just strolled into my fenced garden and destroyed a growing money tree. (NOT happy, EA. Though it is kind of funny that the destroyed money tree results in a pile of bills. Heh.) Just to be sure that the error isn't mine, by "facing outwards," you simply mean the arrows when you place the gates need to face outside the fenced area?

Or did you mean that zombies won't spawn inside the fence, but the fence won't keep them out? My cheese plants! My precious!

Sigh. I am so tired of monitoring their household constantly with the peashooter. EA, I have Plants vs Zombies installed. When I want to play Plants vs Zombies, I just play it. Also, in PvZ, I don't need to TELL the plant to attack. If I have to have the plasticky-looking peashooter on the lot, it would be nice if it just did its job automatically.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:20 AM
I had one zombie walk through my front door and out the back to the fenced-in back yard. Before she could start on my plants, I built another fence around her. She was gone in the morning and had only destroyed one plant. Normally, the fence does the trick. That must have been one weird wacky ghoul!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:28 AM
I haven't seen a single zombie yet. I don't have them turned off with a mod and I even used the testing cheats to enable more zombie spawns. I read that one of Twallan's mods might do this, and then I read that it didn't.. I just want to see them shuffling around my yard and dancing. xD
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I was hoping it would be this simple, but a zombie just strolled into my fenced garden and destroyed a growing money tree.

I should have mentioned that the gates have to be locked for household only... were yours?

Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Also, in PvZ, I don't need to TELL the plant to attack. If I have to have the plasticky-looking peashooter on the lot, it would be nice if it just did its job automatically.

Hmm, mine does... zombie has to walk in front of it and in range, but if that happens, it shoots.

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I had one zombie walk through my front door and out the back to the fenced-in back yard.

Wow, THAT surprises me... first report I've seen of a zombie going into a house. Sure the house is completely "indoors" from the game's point of view (i.e. no missing walls)?

I'm starting to wonder whether there are two kinds of zombies, heh. Maybe the "temporary" and "permanent" ones deal with obstacles differently.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:41 AM
I should have mentioned that the gates have to be locked for household only... were yours?

They were not. My poor money tree, lost to my ignorance. Thank you. Now I can enjoy the game instead of sending my Sims off to do stuff on community lots then sitting on their empty house, blasting zombies with the peashooter.

I think the peashooters work automatically if the zombie doesn't have access to the garden, because (in appearance if not in reality) the zombie is going after the peashooter as a plant. But given a choice, zombies seek the prey with no defense mechanism and don't approach the peashooter if they can eat a tasty money tree.

I give you no choice, zombies. The garden is now off-limits.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 12:50 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 17th Sep 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: That was interesting. I must have been really tired when I typed it.
Wow, THAT surprises me... first report I've seen of a zombie going into a house. Sure the house is completely "indoors" from the game's point of view (i.e. no missing walls)?
I believe the house is closed. It happened just the once. Not sure if that was a fluke or if I accidentally clicked on it and invited it in...but that doesn't seem right either.

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder whether there are two kinds of zombies, heh. Maybe the "temporary" and "permanent" ones deal with obstacles differently.
Yeah, I wonder about that as well. There's still a few things I don't know about them.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 6:00 AM
See? I TOLD you! Lock your doors! Lock your doors or the zombies will come! They're coming to eat our brains! Run! RUNNNN! Ooh a rocking chair! Zzzzzzz
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 3:45 PM
I just started playing Supernatural and had the first zombie attack. I locked the doors for 'household only'. After a while I got tired of this one zombie who was on the porch at the door - he alternated between making the zombie sound and reverting to a regular sim having a route fail tantrum. I set up a pea shooter on the porch, he went toward it, got shot with the cannonballs, etc, etc, left the lot. Then later I looked and the teenage daughter of the family I'm playing was on the porch; she was now a zombie with 'attack pea shooter' in her queue. After she was shot, she reverted to her normal form, but I don't understand what happened. There were no zombies near her to zombify her - was it because I put the peashooter on the porch?
While I was watching that, the adult male of the house had gone out the front door and was standing while a zombie approached him. When she got up to him, he laughed at her and went back in the house.
I'm very confused about how the zombies work, however, next time I'm going to put out a rocking chair.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 5:44 PM
I haven't seen anything scary about the zombies, they only come up on my sim's porch area, pointing and laughing at the zombie sim that form while in their undies or swimsuit. Then they go back to all the zombie noises. Not even my aggressive cat can phase them, my poor cat wants to hiss at them, but there is no interactions for her. She just goes to sleep on one of the outdoor chairs. I wonder why they will not pop up in the back yard, might be because it's fenced in with a locked gate? I do lock the house doors too. Or maybe Shimrod's mod because the yard is full of mushrooms. I think when I placed the lot in world editor there are spawners for the mushrooms and gems. Cool spot.

My crazy sims want to go to the Cemetery when the full moon is out. They want to see what all the fuss is about, guess I will go place pea shooters there. Funny when I sent my male sim out he ran pass the zombies to collect some bugs and fireflies. Then ran back in the house while pointing and laughing at the zombie in their underwear. SMH

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#15 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I had one zombie walk through my front door and out the back to the fenced-in back yard. Before she could start on my plants, I built another fence around her. She was gone in the morning and had only destroyed one plant. Normally, the fence does the trick. That must have been one weird wacky ghoul!

Did your sim know the zombie in their non-zombiefied state? Just wondering if it has to do with relationships...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 2:10 AM
Not that I'm aware of. My Sims have been somewhat loner Sims.

Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 4:39 AM
A zombie walked, or shambled rather, into my sim's house. He was after her pet potato plant which she kept upstairs in a planter pot. It went up the stairs, too. And of course, it destroyed her plant. Very annoying...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 6:15 AM
Here's another question; how come some sims laugh at the zombies, while others don't? I had two spawn on my vampires lot. All I could do was make them think about her, so that's what I did. Does a establishing a relationship with a zombie (temporary or not; these ones were temporary) prevent a sim from being bitten?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 11:41 AM
HAHAHA @ tip 3

My HUMAN sims have that problem, too. They usually wake up and do the "you sit down." "No. YOU sit down" "NO! YOU SIT DOWN" dance until their individual car pools arrive.

Good to know that the rocking chair is a zombie distracter, too.

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
One Minute Ninja'd
#20 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:18 PM
They also seem to like TV. I had a zombie wander in, sit down, and start flipping channels. I saw it once before in a supernatural hangout, but this zombie just plopped himself on my COUCH. Needless to say I was pissed, so I shot him at point blank range in the back of the head. Seemed like a good execution, until Grimey showed up. My luck, the damn zombie must have had the unlucky trait, as Grim pulls the "You misfortune amuses me so I'm keeping you around......." routine, and I'm stuck with a live zombie again. At least he had the sense to shamble out of the house afterwards.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 3:22 PM
I have seen all the time zombies use doors as if they were part of the household, even when locked for only one Sim, or even for everyone. Zombies are a real pain in this expansion because they are plainly very badly structured. They are not even a real threat unless you are a plant. They should at least be able to pass the virus (or curse), let alone kill; my Sims usually just ignore them as the very, very minor annoyance they are. To protect gardens the only foolproof way (at least so far) is to remove the door to it and store it in the household inventory. And by the way, where do you find the peashooter? I do have the version with it included, but can't find it.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 3:39 PM
Peashooter is in the Decorative- Plants section. Toward the bottom.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Peashooter is in the Decorative- Plants section. Toward the bottom.

Thank you. I was looking for it it Build-plants.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 4:57 PM
Nraas vector can make zombie pass virus and can spread to other sims.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 7:56 PM
I also haven't seen a single zombie, much less a crowd of 'em, but I use all of Twallan's mods. Are we sure they don't suppress the zombies?
Page 1 of 2