Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#2051 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
What holiday deco tab? I don't even remember there being one.

When you open build/buy menu while there's active holiday (like winterfest, thanksgiving) game used to open themed holiday tab with related to this holiday objects, usually it was annoying me because I had to click it off everytime when I just wanted to buy random unrelated thing, but I noticed recently that game no longer does that and there's no separate tab for holiday stuff so you have to search for all the items now.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2052 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
When you open build/buy menu while there's active holiday (like winterfest, thanksgiving) game used to open themed holiday tab with related to this holiday objects, usually it was annoying me because I had to click it off everytime when I just wanted to buy random unrelated thing, but I noticed recently that game no longer does that and there's no separate tab for holiday stuff so you have to search for all the items now.

Exactly! It's kinda annoying... but I found a work around. By filtering on Seasons/Christmas stuff/Spooky stuff it's easier to find holiday stuff. It's an extra step but what can you do?
Instructor
#2053 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 1:50 AM
Okay, so this isn't exactly a question about the game, but rather about a couple of career mods for it.

I decided to update my game (which I have not done since the summer of 2018), so I'm hunting around for updated mods that work with the latest patch level. All well and good--except that another new update is coming in a few days, and I know darn well that everything will probably break all over again. With the belated implementation of the new Fear emotion, I think I'm pretty justified in thinking that I should just grab the mods that work currently and hunker down while the update-related chaos ensues.

So, if anyone uses any of the custom careers found here: https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/careers
How are they working for you?

I know they were never updated for the Snow-themed pack's patch level, but I am wondering if there is any chance at all that they are not completely broken. And if they are a bit busted, is there any way I can fix them for myself? I don't know the first thing about modding for TS4, but I'm willing to learn since there's a very good chance I'll go on yet another long update hiatus.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2054 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 7:01 PM
Why can't pregnant sims do yoga...? That is so ridiculous!

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Smeg Head
#2055 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus

Because you only pay the instructor the entry fee for one person. No free rides for a second person, even if it's a fetus. This is EA we're talking about. Yoga piracy? Just not allowed!

On a more serious note, it is a relatively easy thing to mod out and allow pregnant sims to do yoga. I'm pretty certain there is already a mod on this site to do such.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Top Secret Researcher
#2056 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus

So modders have something useful to do.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#2057 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 12:08 AM
Are random sims being spellcasters still a problem? If so, are there mods for it?
Instructor
#2058 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 10:45 AM Last edited by Dixieland : 31st Jan 2021 at 11:05 AM.
PLEASE tell me there is a mod to fix this!

Okay, so I decided to be bold and update my game (hadn't really touched it since 2018, so forgive me if this isn't as enraging to everyone else as it currently is to me), and thought I'd install University. I tend to play large households. Once everyone received their acceptance letter, I decided to send them off to one of the dorms. Now, for my problem: WHO WAS THE ABSOLUTE IDIOT WHO DECIDED THAT YOU CANNOT ENROLL ALL OF YOUR ACCEPTED SIMS (who are part of the same household) AT THE SAME TIME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I have to make multiple trips into load-screen hell just to move all eight of them!?!?!?!?!?!? Sims 2 didn't do this, Sims 3 sure as hell didn't, either! What the actual fruit parfait is going on here!?!?!? This is low, even for EA. This is more dumb than their usual brand of dumb.

Please, sweet, soothing, wonderful modding community! Is there a mod to fix it?

Instructor
#2059 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 11:19 AM
I've never tried it myself but you'll have to evict the original dorm students to get your family in. There's tips here and on the Carl's Sims 4 forums.

https://levelskip.com/simulation/Se...y-in-The-Sims-4

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...p?topic=31065.0
Top Secret Researcher
#2060 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 1:44 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 1st Feb 2021 at 12:25 AM.
University in Sims 4 is a disappointment. I keep it installed for the athletic shorts. I thought Servos would work with a mod so you don't have to click hundreds of times to get a bunch of cheap servo junk parts. Nope. Servos are useless and ugly. Do they even look like the robots you see in sci-fi movies? Robots should look and sound something like a human, as that where the technology is going even IRL. And what happens when you have a servo work at the robotics bench? Your servo gets destroyed, with no way to bring them back.. And little bits of servo are all over the floor. That makes as much sense as your dishwasher exploding if it breaks.
Gameplay, to me, is finding easier ways to do things. Sims 3 plumbots you can take out all the emotion chips, get a plumbot to "Maintenance Master", put in a solar powered chips and limitless learning, and the bot can master science at the science station cloning plasma bugs all day and all night long. Sims 4? Nope! Servos are utterly useless!
Athletic shorts are good tho.
hey, I just remembered, I can easily clone those and make them a stand alone.
Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today!
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#2061 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
And what happens when you have a servo work at the robotics bench? Your servo gets destroyed, with no way to bring them back.. And little bits of servo are all over the floor.

You gotta be kidding me. That is ridiculous!

Well, so much for recreating my notorious evil robot replication factory from my TS2 days.

Lab Assistant
#2062 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 1:39 PM
Is there any way to stop the fabricator from malfunctioning so often? It seems to happen on every other attempt to fabricate something. It takes forever to get something done, because first you have to wait for the animation of it fighting with my sim to be over and then you gotta start your fabrication over. It's frustrating to say the least.
Scholar
#2063 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
Is there any way to stop the fabricator from malfunctioning so often? It seems to happen on every other attempt to fabricate something. It takes forever to get something done, because first you have to wait for the animation of it fighting with my sim to be over and then you gotta start your fabrication over. It's frustrating to say the least.

Are you on the most recent version of the game? they're supposedly fixed it already to only break once in 25 uses.
Lab Assistant
#2064 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Are you on the most recent version of the game? they're supposedly fixed it already to only break once in 25 uses.

Yeah, I'm on the newest version. I know they fixed the breaking thing, but it's not that it breaks exactly, it just malfunctions, you know how it will either spray your sim with dye or grab your sim and dunk them into the fabricator liquid whatever it is - the animation takes so long and then you have to start over on your fabrication, it just gets tedious watching this happen over and over, when you just want to make a few eco upgrade parts, for example
Theorist
#2065 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 7:58 PM
This is a really stupid question but...regarding saves. If I have 3 families, let's say JONES, SMITH, MCKENNA families, in 3 houses. I play the Jones family then save it and switch to the Smith family...then save it, can I delete the Jones save and still not lose game play? Right now I have 12 saved games. I just want to keep it to one or two...
I hope this makes sense to you guys...basically I think I'm asking does each family need a save file?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#2066 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
This is a really stupid question but...regarding saves. If I have 3 families, let's say JONES, SMITH, MCKENNA families, in 3 houses. I play the Jones family then save it and switch to the Smith family...then save it, can I delete the Jones save and still not lose game play? Right now I have 12 saved games. I just want to keep it to one or two...
I hope this makes sense to you guys...basically I think I'm asking does each family need a save file?

If to switch between households you just need to go to Manage Worlds, then they're all on the same save and you don't need 3 saves for each family
but if to switch between households you need to load a save, then they're not and you do need all 3 saves.
(not sure from your question which is it for you, so I gave the two options)

generally speaking, you can play with multiple households on the same save with no issues, and it does save your progress with each family as long as you hit Save.
but when you switch between households then the other household won't be stuck exactly where you left it - the time will progress, and you might see them as walkbys around the world while playing with a different household.
and if you have aging on for everyone (and not just active household) your sims will age up too (depends on how long you left them for, and your life span settings).
Theorist
#2067 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 12:55 AM
Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by Keren
If to switch between households you just need to go to Manage Worlds, then they're all on the same save and you don't need 3 saves for each family
but if to switch between households you need to load a save, then they're not and you do need all 3 saves.
(not sure from your question which is it for you, so I gave the two options)

generally speaking, you can play with multiple households on the same save with no issues, and it does save your progress with each family as long as you hit Save.
but when you switch between households then the other household won't be stuck exactly where you left it - the time will progress, and you might see them as walkbys around the world while playing with a different household.
and if you have aging on for everyone (and not just active household) your sims will age up too (depends on how long you left them for, and your life span settings).

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Field Researcher
#2068 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 11:07 AM
Has anyone tried the new ghost hunter career? What's it like? It it an active career where you go to some place to hunt ghosts? Is it more like Ghostbusters than Pharmasphobia?
Scholar
#2069 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Has anyone tried the new ghost hunter career? What's it like? It it an active career where you go to some place to hunt ghosts? Is it more like Ghostbusters than Pharmasphobia?

Never tried it myself but this guide here seems to be very helpful with all the info you'd need:
https://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-4...tigator-career/
Scholar
#2070 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 3:57 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 14th Mar 2021 at 5:40 PM. Reason: Added a picture
Sorry for not knowing all of the game mechanics yet but this was kid of odd...

I have been playing for a long time and if I have a sim being asked to move in with someone it use to be "homeless" sims or a sim living together with others. But today I did move a "established" sim into an other active lot. Before moving her I did place some things in the household catalog and she had things in her own personal catalog that I wanted her to keep. I did not tip the box that said that the furniture would be sold off. But after the move in action I did discover that all the furniture were in the household catalog including a pair off apple trees and some of the things that was in her personal catalog (the "crystals" that you find after thunder strikes, elements she had found while digging etc*) were missing. Leftover food were also in the household catalog but just as empty plates. I find this strange... Where should things items be placed so my sims can keep them if asked to move in? And why did the game bother sorting out leftover food if my sims can not eat it?

*Edit: Added a pic to show what items I meant.
Scholar
#2071 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Sorry for not knowing all of the game mechanics yet but this was kid of odd...

I have been playing for a long time and if I have a sim being asked to move in with someone it use to be "homeless" sims or a sim living together with others. But today I did move a "established" sim into an other active lot. Before moving her I did place some things in the household catalog and she had things in her own personal catalog that I wanted her to keep. I did not tip the box that said that the furniture would be sold off. But after the move in action I did discover that all the furniture were in the household catalog including a pair off apple trees and some of the things that was in her personal catalog (the "crystals" that you find after thunder strikes, elements she had found while digging etc*) were missing. Leftover food were also in the household catalog but just as empty plates. I find this strange... Where should things items be placed so my sims can keep them if asked to move in? And why did the game bother sorting out leftover food if my sims can not eat it?

*Edit: Added a pic to show what items I meant.

When you don't select to sell the furniture it moves everything from the lot to the household inventory on the new lot the sim moved to,
that includes plants that are not from build mode (as everything that's build mode stays on the previous lot), and food that was in the fridge / on tables / counters even if the plates are empty.

as for the sim inventory, sims usually keep that when moving households, but I think it can be a bit buggy sometimes.
Scholar
#2072 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 8:48 AM
Ok, thank you. As said, I don't know all of the game mechanics yet but now I understand some things better.
Scholar
#2073 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 12:08 PM
I have googled and googled and have not been able to find the answer to this, but maybe I am just bad at searching? Anyway, is there a list of what activities/interactions/etc actually effect weight/muscle gain? Every time I google all I can find is information on the calorie and satisfaction values of various foods in the game.

Mainly what I want is to find some base game friendly activities that children and toddlers can do to change those stats, but I also want to know what is/isn't effective for teens and up. Also are some activities more or less effective? Does emotional state make a difference? The weight system is so broken and I just want some options for keeping sims roughly the same appearance wise while living a relatively ordinary life (ie: not just eating salads and/or going jogging every single day).

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2074 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 5:15 PM
Treadmills are supposed to burn off fat. Weight machines are supposed to build muscle. I think boxing is supposed to do both. The wall climbing machine has some effect but I'm not sure what on.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#2075 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 10:19 AM
I haven't played Sims 4 in a good year, so when I returned recently, there were several new things I had to get (re-)acquainted with. I uninstalled and then re-installed Sims 4 with some extra content that I didn't want to use anymore (like Vampires and Realm of Magic, for example)

Despite a new install and absolutely no mods, it seems that I have some items that appear to be custom content in the game? It might be part of a 'fan pack' that I might have downloaded a year or longer ago, but it still appeared despite the new install and lack of mods. Anyone have an idea if it is a fan pack or... did EA add some 'official' fan-made items?
Screenshots
Page 83 of 86