Replies: 26013 (Who?), Viewed: 720785 times.
Page 1041 of 1041
Inventor
#26001 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
I use it, but to be honest I think I've only seen one teenager get a scholarship want - a romance(/knowledge?) sim getting a want for the alien scholarship. Maybe I've also seen a want for the job scholarship too? Can't be sure on that one.

The point is, I've seen it happen before. It does seem to be rare, but from what I've seen, WFSanity is your only chance to actually roll that want ever, because before using it I had never seen a want like that (I didn't even think there was one that wasn't for parents or something). It's a shame really, I got it specifically to see "rare" wants like that (and first kiss! Barely anyone wants that these days), but it's still rare to see them with that mod. If only it were easy to make want mods...

I see First Kiss all the time with my Family aspiration teens & sometimes (less likely) my Knowledge ones. I've only seen the scholarship wants when WFSanity wasn't in my game, but they only rolled them after another teen got sent to college. I wish the same thing. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!
Instructor
#26002 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
I see First Kiss all the time with my Family aspiration teens & sometimes (less likely) my Knowledge ones. I've only seen the scholarship wants when WFSanity wasn't in my game, but they only rolled them after another teen got sent to college. I wish the same thing. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

Yeah, Family and Romance sims roll it for me too, but like, I want to give teens an aspiration boost when they have their first kiss, and no matter what I do they sometimes just refuse to roll the want - once Tybalt rolled it when he went to uni, but then rolled it away immediately. Same with things like first woohoo and getting engaged/married, sometimes I want to give my sims the illusion of autonomy and wait with these until they roll the want, but no matter how much I send them to dates, they sometimes just won't roll them... only exception is rejection for first kiss, for some reason teens always roll that and I lock it immediately because it's better than nothing

Though I heard that when you load a household after playing another, the wants will be based on like, gossip, so maybe getting a teenager who just got a scholarship brag about it to their friends might force them to roll some want like that?
Lab Assistant
#26003 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:55 PM
I have had a few engagements in my game right now but my sims don't seem to roll the want to get married when engaged? I think I managed to force one sim to roll it by aggressively completing date wants (they woohooed like 4 times or something) but otherwise.. It seems rare.. Is there a reason for this? Is it just a rare want, even if engaged?

Edit: Actually, that's not even what got him to roll that want, I had him go on a date with someone else and only then he rolled the want to marry his fiance.
Mad Poster
#26004 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 11:11 PM
It's not a rare want, but big life-event wants tend to roll in the wake of big events or moving house. Wants to get engaged tend to follow hard on the heels of falling in love, and wants to get married pop up shortly after moving into an adult residence (almost all my sims go to college and get engaged there if they're going to). On the rare occasions when two single adults get engaged, the "get married" want almost always rolls immediately for me, and I'll lock it in the interest of having a proper wedding party, unless the situation is one that justifies immediate marriage, like an impulsive engagement want while on vacation. Popularity and Pleasure sims may roll wants to throw a wedding party rather than wants to get engaged. It's very rare for me to have a wedding in which both parties don't have a want which will be filled by either the wedding or the party. And then baby wants roll very soon thereafter.

It's possible that my playstyle is more conducive to rolling those wants than yours is, or that you're just having bad luck with random chance. The want trees have a structure, so that the odds of rolling one want will go up or down in response to surrounding events and to the filling of certain other, related wants; but they are still randomly rolled, so statistical clusters and the flaws in the randomizers will still make themselves felt.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#26005 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 11:30 PM
It might be that I am doing something different, I dunno, the two most prominent sims I'm having that issue with right now also got engaged in college, both to an NPC, then they moved to a house/apartment and had their fiance move in with them, but none of them have the want to get married. Could it be because they were engaged to NPCs? It seems unlikely.. I don't know
Mad Poster
#26006 Old Yesterday at 12:12 AM
I think they may be a little less likely to roll wants to marry if they're already living together; but that could be an illusion.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#26007 Old Yesterday at 12:15 AM
Ahh, but that can't be it, because the previous sim (the one I mentioned, who finally rolled the want after going on a date with someone different) was living apart from his fiance for quite a while..
Mad Poster
#26008 Old Yesterday at 6:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
Do many people still use WFSanity these days? How often do you see teens roll scholarship wants? I like WFSanity but this is the one want I barely ever see anymore, lol.

Yes, and I see scholarship wants ALL the time. But. I fulfill all those get good grades type wants and all the skilling wants through elementary school, so when a child ages to teen and rolls 'get Hogan Athletics scholarship' and can immediately fulfill it because they jumped rope every single day from school to homework and homework to bed, then they roll another. Usually the Fortune and Knowledge teens give me scholarship wants.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#26009 Old Yesterday at 4:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalldreams
InTeen miscarriage plugin, maybe? It triggers based on low needs, but can at higher needs if there have been near-misses from almost-too-low needs earlier in the pregnancy or previous miscarriages.

==
No, I don't have InTeen. And Sugoisama, you're right - I'll put it back.
But the reason for my post was to try to FIND the original miscarriage mod, so I can see what the package is (to remove it). SO...anyone point me to that mod?

Namaste... or "go"
Instructor
#26010 Old Yesterday at 5:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
==
No, I don't have InTeen. And Sugoisama, you're right - I'll put it back.
But the reason for my post was to try to FIND the original miscarriage mod, so I can see what the package is (to remove it). SO...anyone point me to that mod?

Do you have midge's RCC mod? I believe that might come with/have an add-on relating to miscarriages, either way I think you ought to check out where you put their mods, cuz I believe they made one so
Mad Poster
#26011 Old Yesterday at 8:10 PM Last edited by grammapat : Yesterday at 8:57 PM.
Default still can't find miscarriage mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Do you have midge's RCC mod? I believe that might come with/have an add-on relating to miscarriages, either way I think you ought to check out where you put their mods, cuz I believe they made one so

I have mods in several sub-folders (mods/behave, mods/hood, etc). I found a few packages that MIGHT have been the one, but they were not. As for "midge's RCC mod" I will try to find it via google. Don't know what "RCC" is, but don't have any of these..?? Because when I download a mod, if it involves an OBJECT, that's where I would have put it, I will go into my sub-folder Mods/objects & see if anything could be this...EDIT..nope

I've googled for any miscarriage, and can't find anything that looks line anything I have

Namaste... or "go"
Mad Poster
#26012 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
At this point, I'd make a backup, knock up a Sim with boolprop and 50/50.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26013 Old Yesterday at 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I have mods in several sub-folders (mods/behave, mods/hood, etc). I found a few packages that MIGHT have been the one, but they were not. As for "midge's RCC mod" I will try to find it via google. Don't know what "RCC" is, but don't have any of these..?? Because when I download a mod, if it involves an OBJECT, that's where I would have put it, I will go into my sub-folder Mods/objects & see if anything could be this...EDIT..nope

I've googled for any miscarriage, and can't find anything that looks line anything I have

Chris Hatch pregnancy controller also contains miscarriage. I would be looking for pregnancy mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#26014 Old Today at 1:19 AM
Would anyone happen to know if this mod works with AL? Are there any risks in trying since I can't find anything similar?

Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Page 1041 of 1041