Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6076 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 10:31 PM
I'm playing my new mini-megahood (main: custom/empty hood, subhoods: Pleasantview, Riverside, Desiderata Valley, Bluewater Village and Downtown). I am still playing the first round and I'm currently playing Riverside, the Anderson household but only Jennifer Rose and Bernie Anderson live there. Marty Anderson and Lisa Russilo live alone (not together, lol!) because they are Romance sims and I prefer them when they live by themselves. In my other hoods, Jennifer and Bernie don't like each other at first but they have ended together more than once. This time, though, ACR did them a little "dirty" because Jennifer was rolled "gay" and Bernie "bi" and the whole outcome is a little boring. They have become best friends but all they do is work and skill up for work. I was, literally, praying for their round to end when Gregory Brooklyn walked outside the house. I haven't played the Brooklyns yet (they are next on my list anyway because I love Gregory, lol!) so I have no idea what's gotten into him and he was sooo angry...

1. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have the hack to disallow sims to kick the trash cans, he would have kicked it
2. He just stood there glaring the trash can until it got dark and when he walked again, he had this thought bubble. He is a Romance sim with no... romance in his life yet
3. He knew I was watching and he knew it's my fault that his aspiration is probably near the "red" by now... Should I be scared???

At least, with Gregory's "help", I was able to finish the "boring" round (hopefully I'll think of something to make these sims more interesting at the next round!) and I'll play his household next because I don't like thinking that he is so angry at me
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6077 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 11:04 PM
Default Happy Birthday!
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
One of the special moments in my hood - Andrew Henderson - the first born baby in Fountain Ridge - became a teen today.

19 Chorus Court
Veronaville
To Andrew Henderson
Fountain Ridge

22 December 2020

From one teenage Andrew to another:

Dear Andrew,

Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns!

Life is good! Enjoy it!

Love from Andrew

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#6078 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 1:00 AM
I wanted to get through everybody at least one day, so apologies for this long update. There were several births and deaths this round.

In college are Zoya Day and Adam Whippler. Zoya is the last baby born in my first MooVille generation, and Adam is the first baby born in the second generation. Zoya spent her first semester fighting with her math professor, and Adam spent his first semester seducing his art professor.

The Lum/Flexor family had their fourth child, a son named Roman. Their first three children are all Flexors, but Roman will be a Lum.

The Indie/O'Feefe family are living very well and furnishing their beautiful villa. They just had their second baby, a daughter named Scarlett-Rose. Lachlan is an ill-mannered child. In her own household now, Gwen Indie had a daughter with her professor boyfriend that they named Uma.

In the Furley household, Halima caught the flu from her friend Judy and is on bedrest. Osian became a toddler.

The Wades are just going along as normal. Rafi and Jerome bought a barbecue grill and a hot tub. Luis and Marta are working hard, and their twins have put away enough money for college.

In the Whippler family, Judy got fired and came home with the flu. She recovered and got a new job in Medicine. Then her husband Patryk got electrocuted repairing the computer and died. Now she is a widowed mother of two. Her youngest, McKenzie, became a toddler. It seems like the Whipplers have the curse of dying young.

Matthias and the other Whippler orphans were able to move up to a nicer house, thanks to Shanaya Dawn's (Matthias's girlfriend) money. But when her lover, Patryk, died, Shanaya had an aspiration failure and rethought her decisions. She decided she needed to find herself and moved out, but her money was left behind. Matthias spent a good bit of it on a piano and a new truck. Edan grew up to a teen (Family).

Judy's brother, Tobi Dawn, had another child with his wife, Victoria. Nicola is now a toddler, and the new baby is Persephone. It was touch and go with Victoria for a while, who was neglecting herself to take care of the children, but life is now returning to normal. Victoria wants to get a job when the children are old enough.

In the Day house, Kaleem died of old age. Then the next day, his wife Nuha tried to make a special dessert and set herself on fire; she also died, leaving her two young twins as orphans. Fortunately, her mother Marla is very long-lived and was able to move in with her boyfriend Arnas to take care of the grandchildren. The twins then had birthdays and became teens.
Mad Poster
#6079 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
19 Chorus Court
Veronaville
To Andrew Henderson
Fountain Ridge

22 December 2020

From one teenage Andrew to another:

Dear Andrew,

Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns!

Life is good! Enjoy it!

Love from Andrew

I told young Andrew Henderson to not let this go to his head, but he has been walking around with a big smile for hours. Thank you, AndrewGloria and Andrew, for the birthday wish
Instructor
#6080 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 8:23 AM
The Simsby-on-the-Fjord students first two years turned out quite the soap opera. Tempest Delancey and her teen boyfriend got engaged almost as soon as they had entered young adulthood, but their relationship has had their ups and downs. They were furious with eachother after Maximilien ACR-kissed a dormie girl but now that their junior year is about to start they seem closer than ever. Tempest was big on campus and by now knows everyone. Rustan and Runika Ridderstedt also rolled wants of getting engaged to their respective girlfriend/boyfriend (Evita and Isambard Ligne de Temps) but before that could happen Runika laid eyes on Stuart Neville who had the room next to hers in the dorm - and she was in love for real. Stuart was a bit slow to pick up on this, being very focused on his arts and crafts, but once he discovered Runika there was no turning back. They are engaged now and seem very happy together, but it caused a split in the friendship group for a while and broke Isambard Jr's heart. Rustan made the mistake of neglecting his girlfriend to focus on his studies and Evita ended up in bed with Campbell Neville in his newly founded Greek House. She was the second of the Simsby students to join the House of Squiggles and the first of them to move in. Rustan seemed dazed and confused by it all, but had no hard feelings for anyone. He kept his want of getting engaged to Evita until he he finally, towards the end of his second year, had a whirlwind romance of his own - he is now engaged to Gwendolyn de la Gardie, whom he met at the secret society when he got initiated there. Valdemar Gilliam, former townie teen who joined his best friend Rustan to university, caused less drama than any of the others during his first two years despite being a romance sim - but not for lack of trying. He flirted with any female sim in sight, but both the female sims themselves and their love interests seemed to ignore it completely. They were all happy to be friends with Valdemar, probably because he is also very nice and hepful. In the end he moved to the House od Squiggles and met a new member there, Sunniva Arsnick. They are now a couple and he both wants and fears getting engaged to her in true romance sim fashion. Isambard Jr finally got over Runika towards the end of his second year. He met LaShawn Corrie via a common friend and after a dreamy first date impulsively proposed to her, only to regret it the day after, when a black limousine took him to life as a secret society member and to the new love of his life, Marion Speth. He unceremoniously broke up with LaShawn, who didn't take it well at all, and is now engaged to Marion.

Apart from the messes in their love lifes I think they did surprisingly well, All of them have passed their exams so far and they don't forget to roll study related wants once in a while despite their many distractions. They are a very close-knit bunch and what happens to one of them usually affects all the others - this means there was a black limo for each and every one fo them in turn after Campbell was first initiated. The Ligne de temps twins tried to take advantage of this as they had old wants of resurrecting their dead father, but Grim was grumpy about it (maybe because his grave has been moved twice?), so instead they went to the memorial park where his urn now rests and held a small farewell ceremony. During the ceremony Isambard Jr changed his last name to Aching like his dead father, to make sure the name gets passed on.

A much smaller batch of Simsby students is ready to start their first university term next time I play Académie La Tour,and I hope it will be less intense.
Mad Poster
#6081 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 4:40 PM
I've been starting on setting up the residential lot in Pleasant Valley for my forst colonist couple and set up the community lot for when they arrive and need to shop for groceries or clothing.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6082 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 5:33 PM
Gregory Brooklyn feels fine now. All he needed was a date with his ex-BFF and now "girlfriend" (until another girl will get his attention ) Hanna Roberts. When his mother, Isabel, was helping his twin brother Blake with his homework, Gregory started an autonomous chat with little Kenneth about Sports (which is weird because his hobby is Music and he knows nothing about Sports ) but he was so expressive that I wish I had made video instead of the screenshots!
(In the background dad Charles, wants to paint a Masterpiece and quit his job in the Journalism career ).
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6083 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 12:09 AM
The major news from Riverblossom Hills in Week Five - President Andrew Martin unilaterally declared himself King Andrew the First:

The move was met with general acceptance and agreement amongst the citizens of the now-Kingdom of Riverblossom Hills; Andrew and his Green party were widely popular and his son and heir, Jacob, was well-known and respected as well. King Andrew announced henceforth the throne would pass under Salic law and agnatic seniority in the newly-named House Martin. He further named his illegitimate son, Andrew Shikibu, Duke Andrew of Shikibushire, although in-so-doing, he made clear the younger Andrew was excluded from the line of succession.

Beyond the title changes, little changed amongst the branches of the government - the former Vice-President was re-named as Prime Minister and the Cabinet re-named the Council of Ministers - but no personnel changes were forthcoming, with even Queen-consort Ellen and Crown Prince Jacob remaining in the National Assembly.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6084 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 5:56 PM
Jakob and John Landgraab grew up to teen. Both have the Fortune aspiration, which pleases Malcolm, and John has a secondary Pleasure aspiration. Malcolm is less happy about the boys' stated goals in life: Jakob wants to be a city planner and John wants to get six pets to the top of their career. There are already two potential city planners down in Sedona, more than enough for such a tiny settlement. As for training pets, well, that's all very fine as a hobby, but it's certainly not much of an occupation for the co-heir to Landgraab Enterprises! Still, the boys are young; perhaps they'll change their minds once they get to university.

Baby Malaysia grew up to toddler, with some help from Jakob. I'm not sure if she's escaped the Landgraab Eyebrows or if they're just hidden under her hair, but she's definitely not as weird-looking as they were.
Lab Assistant
#6085 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 7:49 PM
I've been playing a vanilla game for a little bit since I deleted my mods and don't have the energy to re-do the folder right now. For the first time I'm playing the Pleasantview pre-mades as they were intended. I'm also using a townie-free Pleasantview.

Cassandra and Don got married. They had twins, Anastasia and Scarlet. Don continued to cheat, and was caught autonomously cheating by his lovers while I was playing a different household. Interestingly, he was caught "cheating" with Cassandra by his lovers, not the other way around. All of his lovers are furious with him, but for now he and Cassandra are doing ok (apart from the ever-knocked-over trashcan and bugs).

Dina got married to Mortimer and he moved into the Caliente house with Alexander. Nina moved out. Interestingly, Dina rolled the want to have a baby. I don't know if that's common, but I didn't expect it from her. They had a little alien baby named Tina (very funny I know). Alexander grew into a teen. And, in today's play session Dina actually died...! Her body building machine was broken, and she only had 1 skill of mechanical. I had her try to repair it, but she got electrocuted and died on the spot! I kind of didn't want it to happen, I wanted to see what Dina would do with her life, but... I'm also always down for unexpected events to stir things up... One funny thing that I noticed, was that Alexander, as I presume he didn't have a very good relationship with Dina, really didn't care much about her death at all, he was more sad and sobbing about encountering bugs. And yes, bugs are a way too frequently recurring issue in this play through...

Nina moved out and playing with her has been a little boring. I don't really know what to do with her. I didn't get her a job when she moved into her apartment, and now she doesn't have any wants to get one so she's just been single and unemployed. She continued her affair with Don for a little bit before she "caught him cheating" and lately she has been dating Daniel Pleasant... I kind of hate them, but they have 3 bolts so... What can you do.

Beau Broke grew into a child, and Brandi had a baby boy called Bobby (yes, I've been very inspired by PleasantSims). As I've been trying to play wants-based, Dustin has not done his homework at all in my entire playtime and he's currently got a D or D+, I don't remember exactly. I'm kind of scared for him. He also hasn't really been doing anything else productive because most of his wants have been "go to college" or "earn money" or "buy a cellhpone." I know that you can interpret wanting to go to college as an incentive to have him do homework but I feel like most teens roll that want at one point or another and I want to have a good variety of grades.

Darren and Dirk Dreamer... I don't really know what to do with them.. Darren maxed creativity and Dirk recently god a job in the culinary career. That's something, I guess.

Now the Pleasants. Daniel got caught with the maid, but she hates him now anyways. I think she caught him with Nina. He reconciled with his wife a little bit with Smooth Talk (wow this interaction seems ridiculously OP, I almost don't want to use it anymore). But then he started an affair with Nina and kept it going until Mary-Sue found out again. I think it would be best to separate them from now on.

The Burbs had a baby named Jasmine. They were low on money for a long time as John didn't seem interested in getting employed and Jennifer was on maternity leave. Now that Lucy is a teen and Jennifer is off maternity leave hopefully they'll be better off.

And the oldies, well... They've just been... Chilling I guess. Coral made friends with John Burb which I thought was kinda cute as they're both family sims so I imagine that they talk about their families to each other all the time.

And that's about it. I've been trying out a 1-day rotation and it's a bit hectic but honestly pretty fun. The most unexpected thing for me was Dina's death... Just... Wow. In a vanilla game, too.
Mad Poster
#6086 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 10:19 PM
One of my sims called up a boy that his daughter had been dating to ask out downtown "because my friend Paige had such a great time with you the other day". I really need to get a mod to just stop those calls entirely since I never say yes anyway, but adults should definitely not be asking teenagers downtown with them.
Mad Poster
#6087 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 12:39 AM
What, your parents didn't want to get to know your friends? I love those outings. The group almost always includes the family member who went out with the invitee, and they go someplace wholesome like the art museum or a park, and it's a family outing that reaches out to and includes the teens' friends.

I took the Pascal Curious family - his wife Christy, his teen alien daughter Mitchella, and his son with Christy, Pasteur - to Moon Base Apollo, and alas, it was a disaster. The lots are very cleverly built, but when I downloaded the hood I didn't take into account the fact that all the habitats are at least partly underground - and I can't play long in basement view, as it makes me seasick. Also, every time they left their hotel, the game crashed or otherwise malfunctioned, sometimes on the first lot, sometimes on the second, sometimes having saved, sometimes having failed to. Christy and Pascal took a tour and never came back, forcing me to quit to neighborhood without saving when Pasteur went into energy distress. It was just one thing after another! Eventually I declared a terraforming disaster. This was the obvious family to make alien friends but it was not to be, alas. I'll have to delete it and consider where else the aliens of the Great Bear Fleet might be settling. Perhaps a space station?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6088 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 2:03 AM
I guess it seems weird to me because the "good time" he's talking about was a date. I kind of don't use the outing feature ever, though, so I guess I'm just not used to idea.
Field Researcher
#6089 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 2:10 AM
Michi and his wife Matsu had a son, Nachu. Nothing extraordinary happened in this play session, but it is hard keeping money in the positive with a young toddler. Their store hours are cut in half, but I have managed to keep both parents well energized, as they both take shifts in watching and teaching their son. However, it means they have had less time for each other.
When their son grows up, though, he'll be able to help out with the family business. I have no clue if Sim children can operate the register or restock, but I'll find out. If not, I'm sure he'll help make some of the goods they sell.
Their family cat is on the brink of losing their pet job, too.

With the other families, there is much more drama. Santiago paid off Sergei, bribing him to leave (after inviting Sergei's wife over for some... bonding time, of which Sergei's wife promptly asked if she could bring a friend - the friend' being her husband). Thinking quick (and because I had never seen the interaction before!), Santiago paid Sergei to leave once they arrived (50 Simoleons is a LOT for all of my Sims, who are very poor, but Santiago thought it was well worth it). Sergei, the neighborhood's doctor, accepted the money, and said he would leave. Which he did... to walk around the block. "Hey! You never said I couldn't come back!" LOL. Thinking making out with his wife on the sidewalk would be a risky endeavor, Santiago pushed on, and did so anyway. Sergei came back around the block mid makeout session - relationships dropped, and I think I'm going to have my first family feud... or maybe I will have other things in store for them, haha.

However, Sergei, while I would like for him to be an upstanding citizen in the Medical community, is not so great, either. After catching his wife making out with Santiago, he started seeing Santiago's wife behind his back. They have yet to be caught. Time will tell.

In my latest play session, I played my most attractive family (to me), the Smiths. I meant to play them as a perfect family... However, due to their extreme lack of funds, they were unable to keep their pet dog, Red Bandit. While that was a low blow, Colson believes it was for the best - they had to provide for their daughter Emma, and bought her a toy xylophone with the last of their meager funds until they were at -15 Simoleons. Afterwards, wife Annelle saw a breakthrough in her job. She was twice promoted in quick succession...
...then twice demoted. However, with her raises, they were able to afford a changing table, and even managed to upgrade their stove! While Annelle has been demoted, she is pregnant yet again. Their (first) child, Emma, grew up to a child with a perfect childhood, having learned all skills, despite having a very rough start in life.
Scholar
#6090 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 5:59 PM
Tessa Ramirez received word that the first two-bedroom townhouse was ready for occupation. That should have been good news, given the length of the waiting list, but when Tessa looked over the list, it seemed that everyone who needed a two-bedroom couldn't afford it, and those who could afford it generally didn't need it!

The Collensworths were first on her list, but Phil was stubbornly clinging to the idea that he might be able to send the twins to university if they stayed in their bedsit. Tessa knew that wasn't realistic, because they didn't have enough scholarships to get them through the first semester even if Phil could pull their airfares together, but she figured it was their decision.

The Laris and Spurlocks had the same objection, and Tessa briefly toyed with the idea of offering the unit to Jason Larson and his fiancée. They had asked to move from their bedsit so they could start a family; they were only asking for a one-bedroom, but Jason was in charge of construction, after all, so the townhouse was appropriate to his status. Eventually, however, she decided that she really had to free up the Welcome Cabin in case any more refugees arrived, and because she knew for certain there would be people returning from university soon, some of whom might not be able to bunk in with family. Rather than offering the new unit to one family or the other, she had the Laris and Spurlocks both move in - they had mostly traveled together, and were sharing the Cabin, so she saw no reason why they couldn't continue to share, especially if they wanted to save money. They could put Laris in one room and Spurlocks in the other, or give Miriam and Molly their own room while the guys all shared. It was more space than they'd ever had before, and perhaps by the time the teens were ready to move out the housing situation would have changed and there would be more smaller units available.

Finally, she called Tommy Ottomas, who was already a certified architect despite having only just reached his legal majority, and asked him to draw up some plans for one-bedroom apartments. They were going to need them.
Mad Poster
#6091 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 11:16 PM
When I started my neighborhood, I made all the premades into townies, and I have a hack that makes the regular townies be apartment neighbors instead of the social group townies... today I realized that Malcolm Landgrabb is one of my sims' apartment neighbors, which is actually pretty funny. I guess he burned through his inheritance and had to sell the mansion?
Mad Poster
#6092 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 11:55 PM Last edited by Sunbee : 27th Dec 2020 at 8:40 PM.
After crashing on loading the Contrarys again, and crashing on loading the Aspirs, I decided to try a different subhood. (I suspect there's something on those two lots that I have a default for that's not playing nicely at this point.)

The Brokes loaded up nicely, got through their week in good enough shape, with twins Bethie and Dylan joining the family, and Beau growing up to a child amid a party of 'family friends', mostly consisting of people Dustin ought to know from work. Brandi knew, just knew, that these were the Llamas, people Skip had worked with, and that Dustin knew, and that she didn't know, but . . . but Liane Steele sure seemed nice, and Lana Mann, why, Lana called her up the next day asking how she was doing with the twins and everything! Beau hit it off very well with Magnolia Steele, which if you've played Emerald Heights you know that girl is a prickly pear, and Magnolia went out of her own way to get Rich Mann to swing her around and hugged him and hung out with him. Um. Junior the Oblivious had better watch out, is all I'm saying! No, Rich, you cannot marry your son to an elementary student, even if she is hard-headed and smart enough to run your gang. Dustin met, and managed over several days, to get to know Cole Steele, which was a definite plus for both boys. Behind the scenes of play Lana clearly had a few words with her husband, who offered Brandi a job with flexible hours and morals, and being pretty desperately short of cash, Brandi took it. She's not any good at the crime part of things, but she can certainly walk by and flirt with the security guard, and that's a very necessary role in the Llamas. I suppose you could say she's their up and coming social engineering expert. She socializes more with the upper class (the Caliente sisters) and can dress and act in a way to distract people who find Cola Panowski objectionable. (Yes, I have a cute little gang in my uberhood. It's one of the fun parts of having the huge number of sims. And any gang that includes Beau Broke and Magnolia Steele is by definition cute. They're adorable. And it has built in conflict between the three ladies: Liane, who actively gets her hands dirty, Cola, who is the distraction for bar bouncers, etc, and Brandi, who is the distraction for art museum guards, etc.)

I'd put the Steeles into an apartment downtown, so went there next. The Rileys, Panowskis, and Ramaswamis are the other three households there. Magnolia got to know Sally Riley on the playground, but her best friend for ever and ever, after Cole of course, is Beau Broke. Liane and Rob focused on their careers, Cole got a drumset, and solidified his friendship with his fellow low-level criminal, Dustin Broke, which did wonders for his own criminal career: having a buddy to kvetch with makes all the difference in motivation to just go do the job. He has not yet found a girlfriend: while Dustin has introduced him to several young ladies (Angela Pleasant, Jules O'Mackey, and Raneka King) none of them are his type. He's the primary caretaker for his baby sisters, and took Magnolia out to Red's Fifties Diner, where they had a good time. Oh, yes, and the family welcomed a third child, little girl Damascus. Cole has college plans, which makes both his parents happy, and takes good care of Magnolia and now Damascus. Liane managed to make friends with Cola Panowski, which was an uphill struggle as the only interests they have in common are crime and wealth, but hey, they got there.

Edit: And since apparently no one else is playing this weekend, here's yesterday's updates.

Coca and Cola Panowski, living in an apartment downtown far, far away from Caesar Rafferty, Coca's baby-daddy, worked on careers and friendships and dating and Coca gave birth to a blond baby girl named Sprite. Cola threw a birthday party for Sprite, getting the rest of the Llamas and most of the neighbors to show up. She tried befriending Junior Mann and then asking him on a date, but he wasn't interested in dating her. Sigh. Coca, in the athletic career, hooked up for a few dates with Rhett Hart, and also got Carlos Contender on her string. At first he was reluctant, thinking her some star-struck kid, but after he figured out she was interested in his body, not his contacts, they got on very well. Cola taught Sprite to walk, Coca taught her potty training and talking.

Upstairs, the Ramaswamis worked on their respective careers. Priya lost the default replacements/recatagorization of clothing lottery, and went down to the corner shops as soon as she could to get out of ridiculous not-her-style clothes. There she met her colleague Patricia Wan, and they struck up a friendship. The Ramaswamis welcomed a daughter, Tamanna, and are expecting a second child.

(I'm noting a boom in girls here.)

Next up will be the Rileys, the last family in the building.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#6093 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 10:41 PM
Got to play MooVille today. I played the Lum/Flexor and the Furley/Day families. Big drama all around.

Eleasha Lum, mother of four, has been feeling a bit restless, and when MooVille Sims get restless, they go to the pool hall, where they inevitably get in trouble. Eleasha took to hanging out with older men there (she apparently has a real thing for gray hair), which Clarence was not too happy about. He was dealing with it, though, until one of Eleasha's male friends came over for a visit. Then he lost his temper and got in a big fight with her, which he lost, and he fell out of love, so he asked Eleasha to move out. The kids were all hugely distraught, and little Roman became a toddler.

Over at the Day house, Marla Furley is living there with her boyfriend Arnas to take care of her newly orphaned grandchildren, who just became teens. Harriette invited Bo Wade over after school and got her first kiss in. Then, her twin Hayden decided to throw a party and bring over the whole friend group. Clarence Lum also somehow managed to crash the party, along with his toddler--not sure how that happened. Hayden spent some time flirting with Edan Whippler. The ghosts of their parents also made a debut appearance and scared Arnas to death (he had the flu). Nevertheless, the party was a good time, but nobody got much sleep that night. The next day, Marla gathered up all three urns and took them safely to the churchyard. While she was gone, Hayden invited Edan over and had his first woohoo.
Scholar
#6094 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 2:36 AM
Since the Summoner summoned Mae and Boey in my Fire Emblem world (which was originally just the Jugdral saga), I thought I would have him save Tailtiu from her evil sister-in-law Hilda by summoning Hilda from Three Houses. Time to fire up CAS...and I need a new hairstyle to distinguish Hilda from Mae. They both have pink hair in twin tails with bangs, but Hilda's hair is straight. Downloaded Nouk's Huge Side Ponytails, which had the right shape, though quite a bit more volume. Time to create the necessary blue/green/purple/pink that bin with the regular colors. I forgot how long it took to recolor each layer and then repackage. Not doing this late on a Sunday night.

Now I'm not sure whether to summon just her, or to bring in the rest of the Golden Deer. Honestly, turning the university world into Three Houses would be a full world all on its own.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#6095 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 4:12 AM
I was playing around with some newly installed CC and added a trash bucket to my homestead in Pleasant Valley.
Screenshots
Instructor
#6096 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 1:37 PM
Balder Ligne de Temps made long and eventful round among his business lots. His lifetime want is five level ten businesses, but so far his wife Eva is the only business head in the family and when the session started two of his three businesses were on level 0 with MINUS customer stars in double digits. His third business, the car store that he seems to actually like and put down some effort on, was at level two but was running with huge economical losses. So he brought his more business-savvy wife along to help and after three nights of camping out on the gym lot it was at level two and had actually started taking in money. With three evil witches hanging out in the hot tub on the lot for two days in a row maybe the other customers didn't dare to be unhappy?

The fish store quickly got back on track with two people working and it seemed almost all of Simsby's inhabitants stopped by to get trout for their dinners or to hang out and try their fishing luck by the pond. The huge losses at the car store was mostly due to angry customers throwing bags full of expensive vehicles on the floor and stomping off, but Balder now has a silver badge for the cash register, so the business got them from 40 000 simoleons to nearly eighty this time.

After the amount of hard work the Ligne de Temps couple put down, it is understandable that they slept through their daughter Tora's teen birthday. She suitably rolled popuarity - she's got full outgoing and active points and came home with a friend in tow every day as a child - and immediately wanted to throw a party, which she did. After the party she took advantage of her parents' exhaustion and borrowed the car to go downtown looking for adventure.

She had a dream date with Aramis Aiken from the corner store and DJ:ed for half a night at the Crypt-O-Night club, then she felt sleepy and decided to drive to the gym lot and stay over night in the tent her parents had left there. The Watcher got distracted while she was asleep and didn't see her wake up, light the grill to make breakfast (Tora, unlike her older siblings, has never rolled wants to skill up and she has zero cooking points) and nearly burn the lot and herself down. She managed to put the fire out before it had spread to the actual gym. She was in a bad mood after that so she went to the pond by the fish store to fulfill a want of catching a largemouth bass - however, once she got to that lot she remembered she was hungry and instead of fishing she started making hot dogs. The result was three piles of ashes from the picnic table and chairs and a teenager close to aspiration failure and nearly starving to death. She hurried home and was safe in bed, fed and washed, when the session closed but the damage to the business lots will be a lot for poor Balder to take in.
Mad Poster
#6097 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 4:15 PM
Just wandering through those Maxis hoods that I hate..watching the citizens, with total freedom, kill themselves. And (via ACR) letting them have all the babies they want. Even if there is no room for them. Even if no one wants to take care of them. But I have to interfere with toddlers, just hate to see them miserable. But eating dog food and sleeping on the floor should be OK.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6098 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 5:32 PM
I've been working hard on setting up the homestead lot again as they need somewhere to sleep and an icebox for food as well as countertop to prepare food at.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6099 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 9:04 PM
My first generation sims are slowly staring to die. The Sultan will probably die in the next round which means there will be a lot of blood and death coming (there can only be on prince (and is sons) who survives and suceeds to the throne). An island over, the king's aunt just died and his sister is expecting from her second husband. With a 1:10 chance of dying in childbirth, who knows if she will make it. I'm currently playing through the ducal families and I think I can expect some more deaths this rotation.
Forum Resident
#6100 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:18 PM
This is many sessions combined as this is the Uni round. I'll be splitting the sections up into Years as of this session, so for example, 'Year 1' will be the first year played of the session.

Previously, Gabriel was expelled after two years and he also fell in love with one of the Sorority girls, Monica Bratford. Buck is doing well and is in his last year and Jill is doing quite well and is in her Junior Year. That's where I left them and where I will pick up with a new Freshmen joining.

Year 1:
David Dreamer arrived on campus. He had no major in mind and had no interest in school whatsoever. Studying wasn't his main priority, as much as playing chess was. He almost failed his first year, but he got a cleaning skill point from mopping a puddle, so he passed with a C. Jill loved school, so a large focus of her Junior Year was skilling, writing term papers, and doing assignments. She got an A+ and made the Dean's List. Buck liked school too, so he skilled hard. He only got a C+ despite his best efforts and graduated with a 2.8 GPA in Drama.

Year 2:
Isabelle Lothario and her boyfriend, Todd Zaidi, joined as Freshmen. Isabelle was indecisive on her major, but wanted to do well anyway. She made the Dean's List. Todd wanted to major in Mathematics and made the Dean's List. David was still undecided on his major, but wanted to make the Dean's List, so he worked towards that. He succeeded. Jill made the Dean's List and graduated with a 3.3 GPA in Drama. Buck left campus after throwing a graduation party.

Year 3:
Lewis Burb joined the year after that. Jill left campus after throwing a graduation party. Her and Lewis are now on civil terms. David was thrown into Philosophy and despite not doing any work, he made it to another year. Isabelle was still indecisive on her major, but worked very hard getting onto the Dean's List again. Todd got on the Dean's List, too. Lewis majored in Political Science and wasn't interested in doing his work. He barely passed.

Year 4:
David wanted to get onto the Dean's List for his last year and did just that. He graduated with a 2.8 GPA in Philosophy. Isabelle was placed in Philosophy and still worked hard, however she failed to make the Dean's List by a hair; she got an A-. Todd made the Dean's List, though. Lewis barely scraped by again.

Year 5:
Romeo and Daisy were the last to join this round. David threw a graduation party and left after saying goodbye to Romeo and his sister. Isabelle made the Dean's List and graduated with a 3.9 GPA in Philosophy. Todd also made the Dean's List and graduated with a perfect 4.0 GPA in Mathematics. Lewis, again, barely scraped by. Romeo majored in Literature and didn't have much of an interest in studying, but passed his first year with a B surprisingly. Daisy majored in Physics, but didn't have too much of an interest in studying.

This is where it all gets blurry, so I'll just give their final grades. Lewis got a 1.3 GPA in Political Science. Romeo got a 2.9 GPA in Literature. Daisy got a 3.1 GPA in Physics.

Next time, I'll be getting them settled in the main hood and getting the ages in sync.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Page 244 of 349